Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 13th September 2006, 09:21   #21  |  Link
ChickenMan

Just tried the new ver 1.1, works exactly as expected for me many thanks SD.
Old 13th September 2006, 10:42   #22  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito
...Which means that reviewing and cleaning the code seems to not have introduced any problems...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMan
...Just tried the new ver 1.1, works exactly as expected for me...
good reports...
me too tested a little bit more...
it seems this release 1.1 is quite solid... :-)

happy authoring!
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 23:30   #23  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
2. Medium term: Adding some multi VTS capabilities in BatchMux.exe.
Just curious, how will you do this?

Personally I included the structure/data in directories/filenames (e.g. VTS01_TIT01/P_OL_blah.m2v).
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 08:50   #24  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Hi Matthew!

Just for the benefits of casual readers, please remind BatchMux.exe (the authoring component of the BatchMux plugin) is a MuxMan wrapper. Nothing more nothing less.

Into this next medium term release, BatchMux.exe will have no navigation support, meaning that it will be able to use MuxMan 15P for producing DVD titles with multiple VTS, but all of the the navigation (including PGC precommands and postcommands) will be hardcoded, in order to perform a straight playback of the VTS, just one after the other...

In other terms, for the moment, no CLI arguments will be available in BatchMux.exe in order to do any organisational or navigational tasks [the "spreadsheet" and the "navigation", just to adopt the MuxMan terminology, will be added - if even - in a second time, i.e, future developments].

The definition of the BatchMux.exe frontend (the list of CLI arguments) is actually completed and it is totally conservative respect to the one available in the DVD2SVCD plugin version 1.1. I am especially happy about this because it will imply no changes of the other components, inside the plugin itself, carrying out the BatchMux arguments preparation.

Keeping the assets of the different VTS in different folders before authoring is a good practice. I do almost the same as in your example. BatchMux.exe is totally happy with this. To say the thruth, one of the reasons for the development was exactely the speed up of the re-authoring of different VTSs, in doing DVD backups, with a command line program.

Let me go deeper into this... Assuming you are in a scenario where you need to reauthor a DVD with two or three different VTS, one related to the main feature and two to the extras. In order to rehauthor the first VTS, you have to type, in a dos shell, in the folder where the main feature assets are placed, the needed BatchMux.exe commands (and that takes more or less the same as doing the job in the MuxMan GUI).

But then, all you need to do with BatchMux to author other VTS, in the different folders, is to move to these folders and recall the same command previously issued, just doing little tuning for changing some parameters (e.g. audio strams). That takes much less than redoing the job with the MuxMan GUI...

If you are so curious as you say, maybe you'd like to get a look at the CLI frontend for the next release (it will take a couple of weeks, more or less to complete the coding of version 0.5...)...

Code:
//
//============================================================================
//= BatchMux - version 0.6: Wrapper to use MuxMan 0.15P as a CLI application =
//= --> Limited functionalities but - No scripting + CLI interface :-)       =
//============================================================================
//
// First release 18-07-2006
// Version 0.2   26-07-2006
// Version 0.3   19-08-2006
// Version 0.4   11-09-2006
// Version 0.5   24-09-2006
// Version 0.6   03-10-2006
//
//
// Arguments:
//
// -d destination_folder, mandatory
// -mxp target script_file, optional; default to C:BatchMux.mxp
// -l log_file, optional; default to C:MuxMan.log
// -muxman folder, place where to look for the MuxMan.exe file, optional, default
//     NULL string, meaning the same folder where BatchMux is executed
// -palette palette_file, optional; ascii file with 16 colour entries (index,
//     red, green, blue) adopted for redefining the default color palette
//     used by MuxMan
// -preparer "32_char_string"; optional copyright string setting the DVD preparer
//     field in the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files. Note: it is overridden
//     by the -norun option
// -norun allows to open the MuxMan GUI, to load the script file and to stop
// -[SEGi]v video_file, mandatory; note: in all of the arguments with the
//     "SEGi_" prefix, the i index should be an integer value, in the range
//     [2...99]; also, segments sequence should be progressive: e.g if segment
//     4 is missed, all segment arguments from 5 to 99, if present, are ignored
// -[SEGi]vidmode 4:3 | PS_LB | PS | LB display mode for the video file,
//     optional, if present and compatible with the actual video mode, it is
//     honored, based on the authoring application rules; if not present, it is
//     not included in the script
// -[SEGi]a1 audio1_file ... -a4 audio4_file; all optional;
// -[SEGi]a1lang xx ... -a4lang xx two characters language code for the audio
//     files, all optional; default unspecified
// -[SEGi]a1ext 0|1|2|3|4 ... -a4ext 0|1|2|3|4 language extensions for the audio
//     files, where 0 --> unspecified, 1 --> normal, 2 --> visually impaired,
//     3 --> director comments, 4 --> alternate director comments; all optional;
//     default 1 - normal
// -[SEGi]a1delay xxx ... -a4delay xxx audio delays, positive and negative
//     values, in ms, in the range [-300...300]; all optional; default 0
// -[SEGi]s1 subpic1_file ... -s8 subpic8_file; all optional
// -[SEGi]s1lang xx ... -s8lang xx two characters language code for the subpic
//     files, default unspecified
// -[SEGi]s1ext 0|1|2|3|5|6|7|9|13|14|15 ... -s8ext 0|1|2|3|5|6|7|9|13|14|15
//     language extensions for the subpicture files, where 0 --> unspecified,
//     1 --> normal, 2 --> large, 3 --> children 5 --> normal captions,
//     6 --> large captions, 7 --> children captions, 9 --> forced,
//     13 --> director comments, 14 --> large director comments,
//     15 --> children director comments; all optional; default 1 - normal
// -[SEGi]s1dmode LB | PAN | LB_PAN | WIDE | WIDE_LB | WIDE_PAN | WIDE_LB_PAN
// ...
// -[SEGi]s8dmode LB | PAN | LB_PAN | WIDE | WIDE_LB | WIDE_PAN | WIDE_LB_PAN
//     display modes and track assignement for the subpicture streams;
//     all optional; default --> unspecified if video A/R is 4:3,
//     default --> WIDE_LB if video A/R is 16:9
// -[SEGi]celltc timecode_file; optional file containing chapter points in the
//     hh:mm:ss:ff - 11 char fixed ndtc format
// -[SEGi]cellfr celltimes_file; optional file containing chapter points in the
//     "usual" CellTimes format - plain frame indexes
//
Edit: reference code update to release 0.6...

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 5th October 2006 at 08:14.
Old 16th September 2006, 05:38   #25  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

Quote:
But then, all you need to do with BatchMux to author other VTS, in the different folders, is to move to these folders and recall the same command previously issued, just doing little tuning for changing some parameters (e.g. audio strams). That takes much less than redoing the job with the MuxMan GUI...
So each VTS multiplex operation will be performed using its own separate mxp script then?

If this is the case...how does implementing menu support fit into this?

Note that I have no intention of switching to your app as my own script generation suits me better atm (I have my own tools to demux dvds and perform avi->m2v/ac3 to the required input conventions), but I'd be quite happy to pinch any useful ideas
Old 16th September 2006, 13:55   #26  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
So each VTS multiplex operation will be performed using its own separate mxp script then?
Yes, but just in the example I gave, that was describing some benefits of CLI... BatchMux, on its own, generates always a single script per session... The example I made, was intended to show, in case your reauthoring process implies multiple Muxman sessions, that adopting the CLI of BatchMux may speed up significantly the overall process. In this scenario you need usually other tools (demuxers, encodeers, and finally VobBlanker by Jsoto) to build up the reauthored DVD...

Quote:
If this is the case...how does implementing menu support fit into this?
For the moment (or better, for the next release...) BatchMux will build up a single mxp script, allowing the generation of multiple VTS - one VTS per segment in the title domain. Organisational tasks, like placing segments in the VMG domain, or placing more than a segment into the same VTS, will be not supported atm... Maybe in a second time...

Quote:
Note that I have no intention of switching to your app as my own script generation suits me better atm (I have my own tools to demux dvds and perform avi->m2v/ac3 to the required input conventions), but I'd be quite happy to pinch any useful ideas...
Well, I now understand better your question - sorry English is not my mother tongue, so I have sometimes troubles with this...

I am happy with your statement :-) I mean, I am aware advanced users of MuxMan would take advantage by BatchMux just for speeding up some ripetitive tasks, while other people, less familar about writing and modifying mxp scripts may be happier about BatchMux.exe...

But first of all I have to admit I should spend some words to describe very clearly what BatchMux is and what it does...

If you want to get a look to some samples of the scripts produced by BatchMux.exe, please PM me, or just wait some little while: I will post (in the proper forum, the Authoring one - I don't want to go too much OT here...) the next release of BatchMux.exe, together with some description and examples...

Cheers,
SD
Old 19th September 2006, 23:33   #27  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

Quote:
BatchMux, on its own, generates always a single script per session
Yup, I see that now...the command could get very long though, e.g. if there were lots of vtss and audio and subtitle streams.
Old 21st September 2006, 10:20   #28  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Yes...
That's right... the length is proportional to the complexity of the project...
It takes more or less the same time as selecting and entering the entries in the GUI...
The nice aspect of the CLI is that, if needed, you can "recall", and then change and/or reuse the whole project with a single keystroke...
Old 24th September 2006, 14:53   #29  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Release 1.2 of the plugin is available. It is an evolution step, not changing the plugin functionnalities for DVD2SVCD users, so whoever is happy with release 1.1 is not specifically suggested to switch to 1.2. The link is in the first post of the thread...

The single BatchMux.exe component has been changed (significantly) respect to release 1.1.

Since this (authoring) component of the plugin may be used outside of the plugin itself, some further details about BatchMux.exe are given in the authoring forum...

I did nor receive bug reports on the previous release, so I think both 1.1 and this 1.2 con be considered as stable versions...

Cheers,
SD
Old 18th March 2007, 01:18   #30  |  Link
manolito

Here is a small extension for BatchMux users which does two things:

It overcomes a chapter creation issue when using CCE 2.70

It allows almost automatic PAL to NTSC conversion

Download here:
http://scifi.pages.at/manolito/CCE270/D2S_CCE2.70.zip

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2007, 14:38   #31  |  Link
bionic

You guys are doing an excellent job evolving d2s like this, much much appreciated

Unfortunately i do seem to have a problem with the batchmux plugin(latest version), i cant get subs to work when doing avi2dvd(havent tried any other modes)
D2s always errors out in the spumux stage, with a SpuMux failed for unknown reasons error.

I suspect it has something to do with the muxing stage as Mplex_hack produces a nonfunctional 12kb muxed file and a 0kb muxed subbed file, but thats a very uneducated guess. It does produce a 12kb file when doing no subs too though but the authoring still finishes proper.

Ive gone through the logs but id rather leave the interpretation to you experts.
Please take a look.

Code:
http://fileho.com/download/3b57f3397560/logs.rar.html

Last edited by bionic; 31st March 2007 at 14:40.
bionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2007, 18:00   #32  |  Link
Nick
One click is all it takes

Seems to be a very odd AVI you're converting...
According to the logs, it's only a couple of minutes long (5055 frames) and audio conversion took less than a second

Try playing back the extracted and encoded audio files.

Is this as it expected? If not I suspect a corrupt AVI. The VDubMod trick in the AVI-problems sticky may help reconstruct it.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2007, 18:24   #33  |  Link
bionic

Thx for replying

Should have mentioned..Its just a clip i use to test, its an xvid with 2ch ac3 audio 3.30 mins long.

Have tried many different avi sources with both ac3 or mp3 audio. The moment subs are involved the batchmux plugin fails.
To sum up.
default dvdauthor and muxers with subs =ok
imago with subs =ok
imago+your excellent ac3 plugin and subs =ok
Batchmux =ok
Ac3plugin+batchmux =ok

batchmux with subs=error
Ac3plugin+batchmux with subs=error

Last edited by bionic; 19th April 2007 at 01:07.
Old 31st March 2007, 18:41   #34  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Hi Bionic!

I will get a look asap to the logs. I have to say that the subs support, at the time of the development of the plugin was one of the most complex (and estensively tested) features implemented. I will report back to you as soon as I get a look to the logs...

Cheers,
SD

EDIT: OK. Just got through the log files... It seems that the first subpicture in your srt file has been converted, then the plugin broke down. Your info about the "strange" filesizes of some of the generated files are related to the normal behaviour of the plugin. It should generate a single bmp file for each of the png in the source directory, and then it should generate a sst file to import within muxman. In order to understand what it's going on it should be very helpful if you can post or send to sir_didimus (at) libero.it the original srt, in order to replicate the bug...

EDIT2: OK. I got through the segment of code, in spumux_hack, producing the error reported after the reading of the first picture in the srt file. I suspect that your source srt has been manually edited, breaking the srt format. According to the description here:

http://www.matroska.org/technical/sp...itles/srt.html

the srt assets should be composed by (a list of):
1. A number indicating the which subtitle it is in the sequence.
2. The time that the subtitle should appear on the screen, and then disappear.
3. The subtitle itself.
4. A blank line indicating the start of a new subtitle.

In the implementation supported by spumux_hack, each one of the items above should be present and it should be contained in a single line of the srt file...

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 31st March 2007 at 21:04.
Old 1st April 2007, 12:05   #35  |  Link
bionic

Thx for looking into it.
I have sendt you the subs.
Old 1st April 2007, 13:19   #36  |  Link
Sir Didymus

I see; it's a limitation of the current implementation supported by spumux_hack, that allows just a single line of text for each subtitle item in the srt file.

As I just checked, multiple lines should be supported, since the srt format allows them.

Involved modifications of the code are quite easy to implement. Tomorrow, most probably, I will send to you a PM with an updated version of spumux_hack.exe. It is the single component of the plugin affected. In case it solves the bug, I will distribute a new release of the plugin with the bug fix.

Many thanks for reporting the problem!

Cheers,
SD
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:08   #37  |  Link
bionic

Np, just glad i didnt waste your time.

I have recieved your pm and have tested with and without subs and im glad to report its now working proper.
Excellent work, thank you
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:48   #38  |  Link
Sir Didymus

OK. Excellent. I had also some doubts regarding the other sub format supported (MicroDVD) but it seems it shouldn't be affected by the same issue you have discovered...

So, thanks again for the report and testing...

Now that an update release of the plugin is necessary, I think it could be nice to take the opportunity for including in the plugin also the support to the usage of CCE 2.70, as provided by the brilliant solution of manolito, few post above...

All the best,
SD
Old 21st April 2007, 02:37   #39  |  Link
ChickenMan

Sir Didymus, are you going to release your modified plugin that appears to have fixed the SRT subs problem. I ask as I have been having the same problems as bionic reported
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:29   #40  |  Link
Sir Didymus

BatchMux plugin - Released version 1.4

Hi ChickenMan!

Afraid for the time it took to upload the new version of the plugin. You can get it at the first page of the thread...

Three component are updated in release 1.4 of the plugin:

1. the SpuMux_hack.exe component. The support for srt subs was nok. Solved. Thanks to bionic for the bug report...

2. the Mplex_hack.exe component. It should be now able to directly support encodings based on CCE. Now chapters file should be properly created even when CCE 2.7 is used. I did few testing on this, but I am quite confident it should work... Some confirmation will be appreciated...

3. the BatchMux.exe component. Release 0.8 of BatchMux.exe is now adopted. I am active on the developments related to this component, since other applications (like FAVC) may get significant benefits (for example in supporing menus in the batchmux sessions). It should have no impact for DVD2SVCD users, however...

Cheers,
SD

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 23rd April 2007 at 12:35.