Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 30th July 2004, 21:09   #1  |  Link
Jotaro

Ripping Pioneer and Geneon anime DVDs?

I am currently doing a backup of my anime titles. I have no problems except for my Pioneer (now GEneon) titles: it's all basicallly in one big file and the content is all scrambled up, and I,m clueless on how to rip episodes individually! Could someone please help me out on how to do this?

TIA
Old 30th July 2004, 22:28   #2  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Re: Ripping Pioneer and Geneon anime DVDs?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jotaro
I am currently doing a backup of my anime titles. I have no problems except for my Pioneer (now GEneon) titles: it's all basicallly in one big file and the content is all scrambled up, and I,m clueless on how to rip episodes individually! Could someone please help me out on how to do this?
I don't know what you mean by "scrambled", but Geneon has the habit of putting all episodes on their discs into a single title set instead of using a title set per episode.

Using DVD Decrypter, you need to use IFO mode to rip the title set that contains all the episodes. You need to select the right program chain (that has the length and audio you want), probably use stream processing to demux audio and video separately, use DGIndex and AviSynth on the video and probably Besweet on the audio and then cut the audio and video into proper parts for each episode by hand in the encoding application you use, i.e. VirtualDub(Mod) or something similar; you can also use AviSynth but then you'll probably also need to reencode the audio.

Take for example the first volume of R.O.D. The TV:

* Rip VTS_04, PGC 3 - that's what contains all 4 episodes and the normal audio tracks; demux the video and audio tracks into separate files
* Create a DGIndex project file for the video
* Create an AviSynth script using the DGIndex project file
* Add any filtering you want to the script
* Encode the audio
* Open the AviSynth script in VirtualDub(Mod) and add the audio stream(s)
* Select a range for the first episode
* Encode
* Select a range for the second episode
* Encode
etc.

Of course, if you want to keep it in MPEG2 you could also just rip the whole title set without stream processing and use something like Cuttermaran to cut up the VOB file into separate episode files. Or use DVD Shrink or a similar program if you want to fit the DVD onto a DVD+/-R...

np: Radiohead - Where Bluebirds Fly (Com Lag (2+2=5))
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2004, 22:41   #3  |  Link
Jotaro

I am using AutoGK for my rips in XviD... since I have a brain tumor that is affeting my senses I can't really look at my computer for very long... is there a way to do it while using it?

For example, I looked at my Lupin the 3rd dvd and saw a couple chapters... I figured out that the first chapters would be the first episode... but I opened the VOBs and it's all scenes in order but from all across the episodes?