Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd March 2011, 22:21   #1  |  Link
Diegotjes

Blu-Ray Java menu editing possible?

I have a question which is related to a Blu-Ray movie with a java menu.

I know from what i have read on this forum that Blu-ray Java menu editing is not an easy thing, maybe not possible, but are there tools which does.
I am a little bit further and i know where i can at the files and take away letters from languages/subtitles not used (but that is not a nice way), but i don't know for sure where i can add the right letters on the right places.
I'll tah go to BDMV --> Jar and than one of the .png files in that directory.

For instance.

I have a blu-ray with four subtitles, and i want to delete them all and only want to add a dutch subtitle, because i am from Holland .

Is there a program which you can use to add this information, or is a Java menu still a no go area.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english..

Is Scenarist_BD-J Maybe something to work with, and is it easy to learn ?

Last edited by Diegotjes; 22nd March 2011 at 22:46.
Diegotjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:25   #2  |  Link
rik1138

The problem with editing the menus is that every disc is completely different... (Usually by studio though) So there's no one-fix-for-all that will work on every movie... What will work on a FOX title won't do anything at all on a WB title, etc... And even within the same studio they may be different...

You can find the PNGs usually (like a PNG that says 'Spanish' for the Spanish subtitles), you can then blank that out so you don't see that option, but the 'button' is still there, and would require some kind of code hacking to remove. Also, there's consideration for all the bonus content, if you care. The Java may expect to find English subtitles in stream #1 if you come from the feature with stream #1 active (which was English originally, and you've now changed to Dutch)... Again, if you even care about that functionality... There's a lot integrated into the Java code.

What's the title you are working with now? I might be able to provide a pointer or two...

If you just want the first subtitle option to say 'Dutch', find the PNG that says 'English' (or whatever the first subtitle option is on the disc), and replace it (or the area of the mosaic that says that...). That should at least make clicking 'Dutch' turn on stream 1 (the only stream after you replace them). The other options will still be there on the menu, but won't do anything (hopefully selecting them won't crash the disc. )

Last edited by rik1138; 23rd March 2011 at 00:27.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 21:57   #3  |  Link
Diegotjes

What i very often see is that the movie has a .png file which says "english" "french" in words for eacht button, but sometimes it only says ABCDEFGHIJ.... and 0123456789.
I think the Java menu than says where he can match the letters to make the word english, and that is where i am looking for. I already now how to manage with the first option. Just edit in Photoshop etc.
I hope you can help me, the title which i am working on is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0964517/
Diegotjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 05:41   #4  |  Link
rik1138

Wanted to check out this disc to be sure... If it is using font stripping (i.e., just a PNG of ABCDEF...), then there's a chance the text you want to change is hidden in the .JARs somewhere... That might take a little searching.

However, for this title, the subtitle PNGs are in a PNG called Text_Mosaic.png in BDMV/JAR/00000/images/ENG/Text. At the bottom of the file I see Spanish, French, None, etc... That's where your graphics are. (I'm looking at a Region A disc, so yours might be different, but the location of the PNG is probably the same.)
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:38   #5  |  Link
crl2007

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152952 You have here a guide for all kinds of Blu-Ray menus.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote