Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 30th May 2012, 17:21   #1301  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

New version released 0.34 beta

Version 0.34 beta is out with the following changes:
* Bugfixes.
* FFDShow rev4460 with improved QuickSync config

Note that official ffdshow builds from now will contain the QS config dialog.

Downloads
* For the latest cutting edge FFDShow builds download my builds Intel QuickSync Decoder SourceForge home page
* FFDShow-tryout site
* LAV Splitter builds
Intel Corp.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 17:30   #1302  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Video processing is relatively a big feature so please expect many updates (and hopefully not many bugs). Testing its many config combinations is hard...
As always, please use the latest version before posting issues/bugs.
Intel Corp.
Old 30th May 2012, 17:52   #1303  |  Link
aufkrawall

Turning on deinterlacing won't turn it on for progressive content anymore?
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 18:21   #1304  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Turning on deinterlacing won't turn it on for progressive content anymore?
The behavior hasn't changed:
* Deinterlacing (auto): will deinterlace all interlaced content.
* Force deinterlacing: deinterlace all frames whether they are interlaced or progressive. The progressive frames will be deinterlaced using the "filed order" combo box. Auto use the stream's interlaced flags for the progressive frames (may not always work, default to TFF if none are found at the start). Top field first and Bottom field first will determine the flags for the progressive frames only.
* Force field order - override the interlacing flags in the video stream (should be used only for transcoding) "Auto" (field order combo box) is off. BFF/TFF are used to completely override the interlacing flags.
Intel Corp.
Old 30th May 2012, 18:46   #1305  |  Link
aufkrawall

Alright, thanks.
I was unsure because for the first beta you said deinterlacing would always be on.

I'd like to test deinterlacer with another DVD, but somehow ffdshow isn't used in MPC HC although DVD decoding is checked both in the ffdshow decoder and QS config dialogs.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 21:33   #1306  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Alright, thanks.
I was unsure because for the first beta you said deinterlacing would always be on.

I'd like to test deinterlacer with another DVD, but somehow ffdshow isn't used in MPC HC although DVD decoding is checked both in the ffdshow decoder and QS config dialogs.
QS decoder can't play DVDs, it's a limitation that might be removed in the future. I don't want to get into all the details, but basically the menus are not displayed right. You can play the VOB files with ffdshow.
Intel Corp.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:58   #1307  |  Link
RainyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersans View Post
right. intel driver v2696 caused that problem.
downgraded to v2618. video play fine.
testing with v2598, also fine. so i stick with v2618.
Cybersans, where did you find driver version 2618? I'm also having issues with the video speeding up and going out of sync with the audio, random blocking artifacts etc. when using 2696 on Win7 x64.

Cheers.
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 20:36   #1308  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Driver 2656 is available on the Intel web site. 2618 is very old, try 2656 instead. I personally didn't suffer these issues with 2696.
Intel Corp.
Old 1st June 2012, 01:43   #1309  |  Link
cybersans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
Cybersans, where did you find driver version 2618? I'm also having issues with the video speeding up and going out of sync with the audio, random blocking artifacts etc. when using 2696 on Win7 x64.
Cheers.
i search from the internet. there are some guys discussing about it and from there i got the link to download. my manufacturer's website which is asus only provide v2598 as a latest driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by egur View Post
Driver 2656 is available on the Intel web site. 2618 is very old, try 2656 instead. I personally didn't suffer these issues with 2696.
like i said before, i get "DCOM Surrogate" crash when viewing picture using windows photo viewer using v2656 driver. when using v2696, certain movie file has video speeding up and out of sync.
cybersans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 14:01   #1310  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Any suggestions on the new ffdshow QS config dialog?
Intel Corp.
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:31   #1311  |  Link
cybersans

Quote:
Version 0.34 beta is out with the following changes:
* Bugfixes.
* FFDShow rev4460 with improved QuickSync config

Note that official ffdshow builds from now will contain the QS config dialog.
i still experienced stuttering with some of H.264 mkv video. is that because of intel driver i used right now?
Old 3rd June 2012, 07:14   #1312  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersans View Post
i still experienced stuttering with some of H.264 mkv video. is that because of intel driver i used right now?
The difference I see between you and the rest is the windows version which implies a driver problem (most likely) or another setup problem.
I hope that a new driver will be released soon so you can check.
Intel Corp.
Old 3rd June 2012, 16:52   #1313  |  Link
CharlieCL

Windows 8 beta driver not enable hardware QS?

I installed Windows 8 Release Preview but looks like hardware QS not enabled in LAV filter. So I installed the old Intel® HD Graphics Beta Driver 2729 for Windows 8* 32 on Intel site but it got worse with bugs.

So far no hardware QS enabled in Win 8 driver beta?
CharlieCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 18:45   #1314  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCL View Post
I installed Windows 8 Release Preview but looks like hardware QS not enabled in LAV filter. So I installed the old Intel® HD Graphics Beta Driver 2729 for Windows 8* 32 on Intel site but it got worse with bugs.

"Naked" drivers from Microsoft do not contain the Media SDK DLL needed for QS to work.
The Win 8 driver is still in beta and has many known issues according to its release notes.
FYI, I don't have a 32bit win8 system, I only have access to a 64 bit version. I managed to play video with QS using the 2729 driver.
Intel Corp.
Old 4th June 2012, 02:55   #1315  |  Link
cybersans

Quote:
The difference I see between you and the rest is the windows version which implies a driver problem (most likely) or another setup problem.
I hope that a new driver will be released soon so you can check.
sorry because of a false alarm. the stuttering happened with my h.264 mkv because of the movie itself not properly ripped. my assumption, the movie already stuttered while in ripping progress. the new one plays fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCL View Post

check your program files\common files\intel\ there should be a folder named media sdk and a content. if nothing there means mediasdk is not installed because of some variable inside Setup.if2 caused the media sdk not installed (if you are downloading the driver from intel website)
Old 4th June 2012, 10:28   #1316  |  Link
ionutm80

A/V out of sync if pause and resume

Hello Egur,

First of all I think you have done a fantastic job. I have struggled with pure dxva and all possible players and I never got read of severe macroblocking on some mkv (including XBMC). I'm currently using Win 7 MCE, x64, Intel Pentium G620,Intel Driver 2696, Shark007 Codec Pack with latest edition of FFDShow 4461 and Intel QS as main decoder for h264.
Everything is fine (CPU load 3-5%, excellent quality image and I don't have a problem with 24p ) except for one annoying thing: whenever I pause and resume an mkv 1080p or I skip to another moment in movie during playback I'm getting a/v out of sync (video goes ahead of audio). The strange thing is that if I leave the movie to play from the beginning w/o interfering (pause, resume, skip fwd) the a/v is perfectly syncronized until the end of the movie. Is it something that I do not set properly in FFDShow Audio / Video when I'm using QS or is it a bug related to Intel drivers? All my movies are on an external hdd connected through usb to my htpc computer (I'm not using network drives).
Another strange thing is that if I'm using QS from LAV codec I don't have these problems anymore but I do stumble into others: there is no image in full screen MCE only if I decrease the size a little from the top right square window icon and I cannot have external subtitles to work.

Thnaks in advance for your suggestions,

IM

Last edited by ionutm80; 4th June 2012 at 10:35.
ionutm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 11:46   #1317  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutm80 View Post
Everything is fine (CPU load 3-5%, excellent quality image and I don't have a problem with 24p ) except for one annoying thing: whenever I pause and resume an mkv 1080p or I skip to another moment in movie during playback I'm getting a/v out of sync (video goes ahead of audio). The strange thing is that if I leave the movie to play from the beginning w/o interfering (pause, resume, skip fwd) the a/v is perfectly syncronized until the end of the movie. Is it something that I do not set properly in FFDShow Audio / Video when I'm using QS or is it a bug related to Intel drivers? All my movies are on an external hdd connected through usb to my htpc computer (I'm not using network drives).
Another strange thing is that if I'm using QS from LAV codec I don't have these problems anymore but I do stumble into others: there is no image in full screen MCE only if I decrease the size a little from the top right square window icon and I cannot have external subtitles to work.

Thnaks in advance for your suggestions,

IM
I wasn't aware of this "pause" a/v sync issue, I'll take a look.
Regarding LAV+QS:
MCE is special player with respect that it's the only player that works in Direct3D full screen exclusive mode. This special mode (usually found in games) do not allow creation of DXVA/D3D HW devices unless very specific conditions occur. When LAV decoder queries the QS decoder if it can play the movie, QS will return that it can't (can't create a HW device). FFDShow ignores this check (my ugly patch so MCE would work). Actual HW device is created after the renderer is connected, later on in the initialization flow.

As for subtitles for LAV, this is the wrong thread. Sorry.

Please give feedback on ffdshow's QS config dialog (under decoder options). Is everything clear?
Intel Corp.
Old 4th June 2012, 11:58   #1318  |  Link
ionutm80

Thanks for quick reply Egur.
Regarding Lav + mce if I understand it right from you, will not work in mce full screen and I can only use ffdshow, is it correct?

In qs settings i have left everything untouched except that i have checked to allow deinterlacing (all my personal movies are 1080 50i m2ts originated from sony full hd camera and only work with qs enabled, with pure dxva are jittering, the only external player that was able to play them using hw decoding was powerdvd).

Rgarding my annoying issue, I forgot to mention that i have tested this with both haali and lav splitters and is the same story.

Regards and thanks again.

IM
Old 4th June 2012, 12:14   #1319  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutm80 View Post
Thanks for quick reply Egur.
Regarding Lav + mce if I understand it right from you, will not work in mce full screen and I can only use ffdshow, is it correct?

In qs settings i have left everything untouched except that i have checked to allow deinterlacing (all my personal movies are 1080 50i m2ts originated from sony full hd camera and only work with qs enabled, with pure dxva are jittering, the only external player that was able to play them using hw decoding was powerdvd).

Rgarding my annoying issue, I forgot to mention that i have tested this with both haali and lav splitters and is the same story.

Regards and thanks again.

IM
Regarding MCE+LAV - correct. I'll ask the LAV developer to support QS in MCE, but he might have other things on his mind. It may require substantial code changes...

Personally, I think LAV splitter is a more robust splitter. It can also fix broken time stamps found in many transport streams. That's what I use.

Does the A/V sync happen always or specific files? Can you share a sample (20-30 seconds)?
Is it limited to H264 or other formats also give trouble?
Intel Corp.
Old 4th June 2012, 12:57   #1320  |  Link
ionutm80

Only with h264 and yes with all files (tested with 10). I will try to post some samples today.
Thanks.

Tags
ffdshow, h264, intel, mpeg2, quicksync, vc1, zoom player