Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 11th March 2013, 22:58   #1101  |  Link
vanden

I found a way to read the m2ts (created by CombineMVC.exe + tsMuxeR) in SteroscopicPlayer :

J'ai trouvé un moyen de lire les m2ts (créés par CombineMVC.exe + tsMuxeR) dans SteroscopicPlayer :

Haali media splitter connects well to MainConcept MVC/AVC Decoder, but the MVC stream is coromput.

EDIT

I guess CombineMVC.exe uses filters Sonic/MainConcept (Sonic MVC Muxer AND Sonic File Writer) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfednik View Post
If so, it should be possible to decombine with Sonic File Writer ?
This should work, but only with those made with CombineMVC not with those made with MakeMKV ...

Last edited by vanden; 17th March 2013 at 18:16.
vanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 11:54   #1102  |  Link
frencher
French Love

@vanden
Is it possible to create support for mkv from MakeMKV ?
Is it possible to create the same format mkv (AVC / MVC) as does MakeMKV?

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 14:15   #1103  |  Link
vanden

Quote:
Originally Posted by frencher View Post
@vanden
Is it possible to create support for mkv from MakeMKV ?
Currently no ... but I suspect that the combined AVC/MVC raw stream, created by MakeMKV is very very close to that of CombineMVC.
Because when muxing combined AVC/MVC raw stream created by CombineMVC in mkv with MKVtoolnix it is well recognized by MakeMKV !
It is sufficient to record that open file in MakeMKV and it is transformed into a "combined MKV / Type MakeMKV" ...
But inversse operation is not possible for the moment ... I do not know how to convert a combined AVC/MVC raw stream created by MakeMKV in combined AVC/MVC raw stream created by CombineMVC ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frencher View Post
@vanden
Is it possible to create the same format mkv (AVC / MVC) as does MakeMKV?
Yes it is possible:
1. create a combined AVC/MVC raw stream with CombineMVC.
2. Mux this stream with MKVtoolnix.
3. open this mkv file with MakeMKV.
4. Record the file.

Edit
Error! No way to decombine ...

Last edited by vanden; 13th March 2013 at 02:18.
Old 12th March 2013, 14:26   #1104  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanden View Post
2. Mux this stream with MKVtoolnix.
3. open this mkv file with MakeMKV.
4. Record the file.
I don't understand the difference between point 1 and points 2/3. MKVToolnix is not an exe. Do you mean that the combined stream must be remuxed once (with MkvMerge) and then the remuxed file must be remuxed again, a second time?
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 14:41   #1105  |  Link
vanden

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I don't understand the difference between point 1 and points 2/3. MKVToolnix is not an exe. Do you mean that the combined stream must be remuxed once (with MkvMerge) and then the remuxed file must be remuxed again, a second time?
2. yes muxed with MkvMerge(=mkvtoolnix=mmg.exe)

3. and 4. : I suppose remux with MakeMKV + certainly modify the header of the raw stream.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:28   #1106  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oops, yes, I have never realized that it is possible to remux a MKV file with MakeMKV. Thanks for the tip!
Old 12th March 2013, 20:13   #1107  |  Link
moamoa

Help!

I use MakeMVK to backup my BR's. But I'm have problems with 3D ones. MakeMKV can backup the file but I can't create a SBS MKV from it. It just makes a MVC MKV which is hard to play.

I would like to convert this to a SBS MKV. If I use MakeMKV to to a backup instead, I hoped to use BD3D2MK3D.

Firstly the backup changes all the files names to "00001.ssif.smap" and similar, then the BD3D2MK3D application will not open the backup as it finds no 3D content. If i manually rename the files to "00001.ssif", then the BD3D2MK3D application will open the back up and I get the first screen on.

But If I then click on the "2:Select streams" tab I get an error and cant continue?

What am I doing wrong?

(see attached screens)

If ignore the first error and click through to the last page to start the encoding, i get the error shown in image 3

Help?
Attached Images

Last edited by moamoa; 12th March 2013 at 20:25.
moamoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 00:32   #1108  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D can only convert a 3D BD, not a MKV. You should convert your BD, instead of doing an intermediate conversion with MakeMKV.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:26   #1109  |  Link
moamoa

Quote:
BD3D2MK3D can only convert a 3D BD, not a MKV. You should convert your BD, instead of doing an intermediate conversion with MakeMKV.
I think that is what I'm doing. I'm only using MakeMKV to make a backup copy of the BD image without encryption on it, not to make an actual MKV. It has this feature too! So the errors shown in the previous post's attached images are related to the converted BD folder, not an MKV as input source. You can see this from the first image which shows it has found the right track in the BD file structure. What is going wrong after this? (image 2 and 3)?

Last edited by moamoa; 13th March 2013 at 10:29.
Old 13th March 2013, 11:02   #1110  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Unfortunately, your images are still not approved, and I can't see them. (BTW, the next time, you should upload them to an image sharing service such as Imageshack, and post the links here.)

Anyway, BD3D2MK3D requires a standard BD structure to operate successfully. I have not analysed how MakeMKV does the backup, but obviously, it is not standard, notably due to the file extension changes. You'll probably have to use another method to decrypt the BD and make a standard ISO. I'll try to understand why BD3D2MK3D fails with the backups created by MakeMKV, but don't expect a miracle. BD3D2MK3D uses external CLI programs that I haven't written myself, and if one of them does not work with the MakeMKV ISO, I will be unable to change that.
Old 13th March 2013, 13:43   #1111  |  Link
pwimmer

Quote:
I found a way to read the m2ts (created by CombineMVC.exe + tsMuxeR) in SteroscopicPlayer :

J'ai trouvé un moyen de lire les m2ts (créés par CombineMVC.exe + tsMuxeR) dans SteroscopicPlayer :

You can also use Haali media splitter in place of Mainconcept MPEG Demultiplexer.
I'll make .m2ts files with a combined stream with a single PID work with Stereoscopic Player's default MPEG-TS splitter. The issue should be solved within the next few weeks.

Stereoscopic Player's splitter is based on the Media Player Classic splitters: http://www.3dtv.at/OpenSource

A note on 3D MKVs using the MVC codec: There is no official spec for MVC in the MKV container yet! The MakeMKV developer and me proposed to append the subset SPS and second PPS to the CodecPrivate element on the MKV devel list. Everyone creating 3D-MKV files should know that the files might not be compliant with a future spec.

Last edited by pwimmer; 13th March 2013 at 13:47.
pwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 15:20   #1112  |  Link
moamoa

Quote:
I'll try to understand why BD3D2MK3D fails with the backups created by MakeMKV, but don't expect a miracle. BD3D2MK3D uses external CLI programs that I haven't written myself, and if one of them does not work with the MakeMKV ISO, I will be unable to change that.
Thanks!

The images are upload now. There might not be anything really wrong, could just be me not doing something right or a set-up issue. But I appreciate you looking, so, thanks.
Old 13th March 2013, 15:41   #1113  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, but I'm currently trying to fix another problem (with timeouts when using DirectShowMVCSource with multi-SSIF MPLS files), and it's damn slow. Please be patient...
Old 13th March 2013, 23:19   #1114  |  Link
vanden

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwimmer View Post
I'll make .m2ts files with a combined stream with a single PID work with Stereoscopic Player's default MPEG-TS splitter. The issue should be solved within the next few weeks.

Stereoscopic Player's splitter is based on the Media Player Classic splitters: http://www.3dtv.at/OpenSource
Good news !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwimmer View Post
A note on 3D MKVs using the MVC codec: There is no official spec for MVC in the MKV container yet! The MakeMKV developer and me proposed to append the subset SPS and second PPS to the CodecPrivate element on the MKV devel list. Everyone creating 3D-MKV files should know that the files might not be compliant with a future spec.
Yes official specification for combined AVC/MVC raw stream and for each container (ts/mkv/mp4/avi ...) !
Old 14th March 2013, 15:41   #1115  |  Link
vanden

@ moamoa

Have you tried to demuxe this :
1. the .m2ts
2. the .SSIF
3. the .mpls

With eac3to ?
Old 14th March 2013, 16:13   #1116  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moamoa View Post
The images are upload now. There might not be anything really wrong, could just be me not doing something right or a set-up issue. But I appreciate you looking, so, thanks.
I see. Anyway, if eac3to fails when it tries to retrieve the stream information for the selected MPLS, that means that something is wrong with your BD or ISO.
(The error of your 3th screenshot is caused by the missing stream information, but is not relevant. It should not happen with a valid BD.)

I haven't tried to process a MakeMKV backup yet. Still busy, but I should have some time tomorrow...
Old 15th March 2013, 19:53   #1117  |  Link
moamoa

Quote:
I see. Anyway, if eac3to fails when it tries to retrieve the stream information for the selected MPLS, that means that something is wrong with your BD or ISO.
(The error of your 3th screenshot is caused by the missing stream information, but is not relevant. It should not happen with a valid BD.)

I haven't tried to process a MakeMKV backup yet. Still busy, but I should have some time tomorrow...
Thanks you.

I hope it's not too difficult to fix!
Old 17th March 2013, 11:32   #1118  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
I suspect that the combined AVC/MVC raw stream, created by MakeMKV is very very close to that of CombineMVC.
I have tried to use MakeMKV to create the combined MKV file, then extract the combined h264 file with MkvExtract, remux it to M2TS with TsMuser, and use that combined M2TS file as input for DirectShowMVCSource, with the AVS syntax explained here.
But that doesn't work. The combined M2TS file created with CombineMVC and TsMuxer works perfectly. That means that something important is different with the MakeMKV method.

@Neisklar: Can you have a look at the MakeMKV method and, perhaps, modify DirectShowMVCSource to work with that method too? That would be nice, as that method is much more rapid than CombineMVC.

Also, can you write the CLI version of CombineMVC, with the support for named pipes, as discussed early?

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th March 2013, 12:09   #1119  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.15

Quote:
# v0.14 (January 24, 2013)
# - Removed "b-spline" from the list of subtitle resize filters due to BDSup2Sub++ crashing.
# - Changed the NUL output of the first pass in 2-pass mode to the real .264 file, due to x264 crashing.
# v0.15 (March 17, 2013)
# - Bug: When one checks 'Resize 1080p to 720p' the Intro Clip still keeps '1080p' in the text.
# - Little bug: Wrong error message when the program is launched and the config file BD3D2MK3D.cfg doesn't exist.
# - Added a check to ensure that the Haali Media Splitter is installed. (It is required to see the progress percentage during the encoding.)
# - Added menu "Help -> Haali Media Splitter home" to easily download and install the Haali DirectShow filter.
# - Removed Tools -> Join SSIF files (as it doesn't work well) and replaced by CombineMVC and TsMuxer to do the same thing manually.
Currently, there is still no good solution to process a MPLS with a large number of M2TS/SSIF files, although the CombineMVC method works. If you cannot encode a MPLS, be sure to tick the options to demux also the AVC and MVC streams (in tab 2), then use CombineMVC and TsMuxer (both can be launched from the Tools menu) to create a combined M2TS file (don't forget to change the TsMuxer output format from TS to M2TS), and edit the AVS script produced by BD3D2MK3D to load and process the combined M2TS. I have added commented-out lines to facilitate that. You should just have to uncomment them, and remove or comment-out the lines above that part. That method is not fully automatic, as I have no way to automate the job made by CombineMVC, you can encode only in half or full SBS or Top/Bottom, and CombineMVC is damn slow, but it works.

If you prefer, you can also try to use the old BD3D2AVS, using the old (and also very slow) ldecod method.

Of course, if someone can write a CLI and optimised version of CombineMVC, I'll try to fully implement that method in BD3D2MK3D.

Also, currently, I haven't found a solution to process successfully BD backups created by MakeMKV. I'll try again later...

Download the latest BD3D2MK3D version here.

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th March 2013 at 12:11.
Old 17th March 2013, 12:26   #1120  |  Link
vanden

Quote:
I have tried to use MakeMKV to create the combined MKV file, then extract the combined h264 file with MkvExtract, remux it to M2TS with TsMuser, and use that combined M2TS file as input for DirectShowMVCSource, with the AVS syntax explained here.
But that doesn't work. The combined M2TS file created with CombineMVC and TsMuxer works perfectly. That means that something important is different with the MakeMKV method.
Yes but why when muxing combined AVC/MVC raw stream created by CombineMVC in mkv with MKVtoolnix it is well recognized by MakeMKV ??!!

It is sufficient to record that open file in MakeMKV and it is transformed into a "combined MKV / Type MakeMKV" ... playable with the default filters of stereoscopic player (like all 3d mkv file created with MakeMKV) !

Quote:
@Neisklar: Can you have a look at the MakeMKV method and, perhaps, modify DirectShowMVCSource to work with that method too? That would be nice, as that method is much more rapid than CombineMVC.
It is necessary to force "DirectShowMVCSource", to use "MatroskaSplitter.dll" (of sereoscopicplaver> = 1.9.6) instead of "MPEGSplitter.dll" ...