Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 7th January 2013, 13:01   #16781  |  Link
pei

madshi

Does it work if i disable it and use what?
Old 7th January 2013, 13:43   #16782  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Reclock doesn't improve screwed up timestamps.
Oops, my bad! I guess I'm mixing with AC3Filter that has a "smooth timestamps" option IIRC.

I guess he was talking about realtime IVTC'ed content (in mVR?) when I'm talking about 23.976/24/25fps files that were dead smooth with Reclock in 48Hz on the HC3100 IME, whatever natively progressive or offline IVTC'ed in Avisynth.

But if mVR can only smooth timestamps for realtime IVTC'ed stuff when running in 24Hz, I guess that's yet another good reason to give up on 48Hz....too bad the mouse cursor is so sluggish in 24Hz.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 19:23   #16783  |  Link
Matching_Mole

Quote:
Yeah, guess I should put on my to do list to find a quick (eventually dirty) fix for IVTC timestamps.
Great news! If you need any specific samples from telecined blu-ray in addition of the sample of cyberbeing, I will be happy to provide them. Unfortunately I have several examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
I guess he was talking about realtime IVTC'ed content (in mVR?) when I'm talking about 23.976/24/25fps files that were dead smooth with Reclock in 48Hz on the HC3100 IME, whatever natively progressive or offline IVTC'ed in Avisynth
Yes, I have the stuttering issue only with IVTC'ed content. Otherwise I have a perfect smooth playback for any progressive video, and without Reclock Speed adaptation feature.
Matching_Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 20:10   #16784  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matching_Mole View Post
Yes, I have the stuttering issue only with IVTC'ed content.
Well, Reclock has no idea whatsoever that mVR is messing with the frame rate so yeah, it's all gonna end up in stutter-land

I presume that LAV can't IVTC? I often play 29.97@59.94 1080i with LAV using CUVID, and Reclock sees 59.94 sees as expected.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 20:24   #16785  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Which GPU, OS, decoder, splitter? Aero on/off?
GTX 670, Win 7 x64, LAV video & splitter, Aero on, MPC HC.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 22:28   #16786  |  Link
nub234

Quote:
Ok, please try different splitters, decoders and different video files. Maybe this problem only occurs with a certain combination of video files, splitters and/or decoders. If you find that it only occurs with some video files but not with others, please upload a sample of a video file where it occurs most often. Thanks.
I'm using LAV Splitters/Decoders in PotPlayer and MPC's default splitters and decoders in MPC; both give the same freeze. I also performed a clean PotPlayer install, that is to say it was using its internal decoders/splitters, when selecting madVR the freeze occurred again.

The freeze actually occurs with all files equally, whether AVC1, XVID or WMV but if you still want a sample of a file let me know and I'll upload one.
nub234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 23:09   #16787  |  Link
pei

[QUOTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pei View Post
Yes, it disappears but stays that way even when I move the mouse around. Shouldn't it come back so I can see where I want to seek to?
[/QuoTE]
Then you ]jkauff said
Quote:
Yes, it should, and it does for me in MPC and Zoom Player using DXVA2 and madVR, so I don't think that's where the issue is. I'm using Win7 64 Aero, but PowerDVD turns off Aero and the pointer still reappears when the mouse is moved, so I don't think Aero is the issue. Maybe your video driver?
Yesterday 06:44
Now I say:
Video is AMD Radeon 6310 latest available drivers
Old 7th January 2013, 23:10   #16788  |  Link
Peuj

Quote:

The batch file should do the trick. Make sure the "settings.bin" file in the madVR folder is deleted, too.
Hi madshi,

Thanks, I've found the "settings.bin" file in C:\Users\Peuj\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\madVR

I've looked in the bat file and the way it's written, the "settings.bin" file cannot found.
Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 23:13   #16789  |  Link
pei

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
That's weird. On my PC the mouse cursor disappears if you don't move it for a while. Then as soon as you move the mouse, the cursor comes back. Not sure why that doesn't work for you. Might have to do with the GPU/drivers. Does that not happen if you disable DXVA2?
Switching it to NONE also doesn't let the mouse cursor appear.

Last edited by pei; 7th January 2013 at 23:22.
pei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 23:13   #16790  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuj View Post
Hi madshi,

Thanks, I've found the "settings.bin" file in C:\Users\Peuj\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\madVR

I've looked in the bat file and the way it's written, the "settings.bin" file cannot found.

Code:
@echo off
echo.
echo.
title restore madVR default settings...
cd /d "%~dp0"
start /min reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\madshi\madVR /f
if exist "settings.bin" (
  if exist "settings.bak" (del settings.bak >NUL)
  rename settings.bin settings.bak >NUL)
echo    settings were reset to default
echo.
pause >NUL
I fixed it by adding a line that should make sure that you're in the directory that the batch file is in when it executes.
Old 7th January 2013, 23:24   #16791  |  Link
pei

I really wanna use the hardware decoding available with madVR

I really wanna use hardware decoding used by madVR, but this mouse cursor thing is kind of a deal breaker.
Old 8th January 2013, 02:01   #16792  |  Link
manni500

Madshi Video Renderer under PotPlayer 64-bit
--------------------------------------------

I have searched the forum - as well as Google - but could not find this issue addressed so I permit myself to post the query here.
Today, I changed from PotPlayer 32-bit to 64-bit sind I learned that madVR should work with that. However, I now can no longer configure the filter. When I go to Filters(in PotPlayer), the madshi no longer shows up as it did under the 32-bit version. What am I doing wrong? I reregistered the newest version of madVR, but to no avail.
Any help is much appreciated; thanks in advance
manni500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 02:08   #16793  |  Link
DragonQ

MadVR is 32-bit only so that'll be the problem...
Old 8th January 2013, 02:16   #16794  |  Link
manni500

Thanks for the prompt response !
But over at the download page it says that MadVR works well with Windows 8 64-bit. See for yourself : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/madVR

Afterthought:
let me add also that the filter is there; it shows under 'Preferences, Video' and there is an obvious difference to the built-in filter when Madshi is used. So the filter must be working with PotPlayer x64. But what is missing is the possibility to configure it

Last edited by manni500; 8th January 2013 at 02:27.
Old 8th January 2013, 02:22   #16795  |  Link
ryrynz

That's not the same thing though. 64-bit players have to use 64-bit renderers.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 02:27   #16796  |  Link
DragonQ

Windows 8 64-bit is an operating system. Nowhere does it say it works with 64-bit media players.
Old 8th January 2013, 02:30   #16797  |  Link
manni500

yes, you are right ryrynz, I realize that I misunderstood here. Yet I want to repeat that the filter is operational under Potplayer x64, if not configureable
Old 8th January 2013, 12:56   #16798  |  Link
huhn

the madvr filter is not operational in pot player 64 an backup video renderer is loaded. just use potplayer 32 bit on ur 64 bit system it isn't slower at all.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 13:45   #16799  |  Link
manni500

So you are saying the change I see when switching to the "Madshi Video Renderer" in the DPP video section is not coming from madVR but from some other built-in filter.
In any case, I have taken your advise and gone back to DPP x86 (although I don't quite understand: if there is no need for or improvement by a x64 version, why build it?)
Old 8th January 2013, 14:27   #16800  |  Link
huhn

pot 64 uses video renderer when madvr is selected (maybe know as old renderer in mpc hc?) but u can simple see in the filter that madvr is not used and it can't be used because it is 32 bit only.

a 64 bit player can handle "a lot" more then 2gb ram for avisynth scripts and things like that but normal user will never touch the 2 gb mark.

and 64 bit is faster when velues higher then 32 bit are used and trust me 32 bit is pretty big....

but that is another topic.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling