Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 29th March 2009, 03:21   #701  |  Link
SamNZDat

Afterthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNZDat View Post
Have we looked into...
Another thought or two came to me in the last couple of hours -- just trying to think outside the box here -- how about two or more Daemon Tools mounts of Blu-Ray images, identically timed and of identical (at least as far as humanly readable) content but differently coded, running in parallel, perhaps a way to ferret out watermark? Or running rsynced Blu-Ray images by FTP -- again, to ferret out watermark, watch for decryption clues, or? Or comparing Blu-Ray behavior with the behavior of ray trace programs, for decryption clues or other objects?

Last edited by SamNZDat; 29th March 2009 at 03:41. Reason: afterthought
SamNZDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 03:19   #702  |  Link
Rupan

This thread specifically relates to BD+ copy protection, so please keep the discussion on-topic.

There is no need to transmit all 50GB of video data over the internet. It would be trivial to write an application that produces a hash table of small video segments and only send the differing pieces.
Rupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 06:33   #703  |  Link
krosswindz

This might seem to be a stupid question, I just checked out the bdplus from Assembla. I went through the source tree seems like the configure script is missing for libbluray. Are there any instructions on building libbluray?
krosswindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 06:35   #704  |  Link
Accident

"autoreconf", or if needed "autoreconf --force --install". Traditionally you don't check in files that are generated when building (like .o files etc).

But perhaps I should put that in the README.txt
Accident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 14:38   #705  |  Link
krosswindz

I did autoreconf but it failed due to missing files. where can I find these files? Tried going through all the 36 pages in this thread, not sure which post may point to it .

Code:
configure.ac:3: required file `build-aux/install-sh' not found
configure.ac:3:   `automake --add-missing' can install `install-sh'
configure.ac:3: required file `build-aux/missing' not found
configure.ac:3:   `automake --add-missing' can install `missing'
src/Makefile.am: required file `build-aux/depcomp' not found
src/Makefile.am:   `automake --add-missing' can install `depcomp'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
Old 31st March 2009, 15:21   #706  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosswindz View Post
Code:
configure.ac:3:   `automake --add-missing' can install `install-sh'
Have you tried this?

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 16:01   #707  |  Link
krosswindz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Have you tried this?

Thanks, I guess I shouldnt try building things when I wake up first thing in the morning
Old 1st April 2009, 03:05   #708  |  Link
kkloster21

i don't want this to come off the wrong way, but if anybody needs a tester for the BD+ implementation in dumphd, with respect to the new MKBv9 and MKBv10 discs, i have several of these discs that i've already tried. The MKBv9 discs still produce a conv_tab.bin file that corrects some of the broken video (but not all of it) and the MKBv10 discs produce an error.

again, i have more info if anyone is interested.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 04:42   #709  |  Link
Accident

Really, you should try the latest tarball, unless you have reason to want to try the latest version in repository, which is this case would be valid since we are working on the new changes...
Old 1st April 2009, 18:04   #710  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
which is this case would be valid since we are working on the new changes...
I'm regularly checking my private message if you have any questions. Probably i could do this last step (connecting BD-J platform to TRAP_ApplicationLayer) in 1 week so everyone else shouldn't need more than 2 months.

Last edited by loo3aem3ON; 2nd April 2009 at 00:48.
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 12:52   #711  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Any news? Just curious?
Progress?
Thanks
dirio49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 01:05   #712  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirio49 View Post
Any news? Just curious?
Progress?
Thanks
According to Accident the latest revision (203) from April 3rd is supposed to have the connection between BD-J platform and BDVM platform. Accident can't test it though because all the computer he/she has access to are running osx and not linux (i386 compatible).
KenD00 has started working on this as well.
I'm busy at the moment and i doubt i will have much free time in the near future.
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 07:01   #713  |  Link
Rupan

java disassembly updates

Sorry for the long wait. I've had other things keeping me busy.

I've taken a look at the java BDJ jar that Accident sent me. Of specific interest are two classes:

org.bluray.system.RegisterAccess
com.philips.bluray.system.RegisterAccess

Although they do not reveal anything we do not already know about the player status registers, they do expose some of the binary API in the native libraries. They also confirm the functions of several PSRs.

103 = PSR_APPL_TO_BDPLUS_DATA
104 = PSR_BDPLUS_SHARED_DATA

Some subroutines to target may be:
private static native int nGetGPR(int i);
private static native void nSetGPR(int i, int j);
private static native void nSetPSR(int i, int j);
private static native int nGetPSR(int i);
private static native String nGetPreference(int i);
private static native void nSetPreference(int i, String s);

which are all defined in libbdj.so. I've done a small bit of MIPS assembly, but I'm by no means proficient with it. I'll give them a shot...

One more thing. There is just too much code in the BDJ archive for one person to recreate. Anything other than simple classes requires a significant amount of work to fully recover, and the native functions are going to be a real bear. I need some help from other developers to decide what I should target for reversing; let me reiterate that I simply cannot reverse everything.

Rather than reverse engineer the binary MIPS libraries I suggest that we use them directly. We can write a shim in C and cross-compile it for little-endian MIPS, then run it using qemu-mipsel. IPC can be performed using named pipes or sockets. I realize that this is a completely separate track from the BDJ implementation on Launchpad, but it might be simpler in the short term and it offers the advantage of automatically supporting new versions of the "official" binary-only libbdj copied from player firmware. Comments?

Last edited by Rupan; 23rd April 2009 at 08:03.
Rupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 01:34   #714  |  Link
Accident

Sorry for the delay, busy here too.

I can reverse engineer MIPS quite well, but small functions only, anything larger is not really realistic.. I'm not a fan of Java, as to me that cuts out too many platforms (I know, it is supposed to be more portable). I've even toyed with the idea of simply recording PSR interactions for each movie, but that's hardly a great idea. IPC is done with Unix sockets on this platform afaik, and they directly use /proc/mem for DiscoveryRAM.
Old 31st May 2009, 22:52   #715  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Hello, Me again

Just curious as to how is it going?
any progress?

thanks
Old 1st June 2009, 08:30   #716  |  Link
Wombler
Affable Wanderer

Funny, I wondered that myself, as it's the first of June now and there hasn't been a post since April in what was previously a very active thread.

Hopefully things are still progressing.

Wombler
Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 06:29   #717  |  Link
kreet

im thinking about picking up this project to try and get support for the latest titles. are any of the original devs still around?
kreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 06:36   #718  |  Link
Accident

I am. Just very busy with many projects. The latest sources has both aacs and bd+ sources, which needs to be merged, or at least have a top level tool that links with both to demonstrate full functionality.

There were still some compatibility issues with latest keys, but not enough to put anyone off working on the project.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:09   #719  |  Link
kreet

Accident:
Ive grabbed the code and will start working on it. do you have the snapshot packages?
I think another big thing is that we dont have working processing keys for > v10 (in aacskeys). we need to get these keys in order to be able to work on newer titles.

arzenami: are you or anyone else working on this?
kreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 19:04   #720  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
The latest sources has both aacs and bd+ sources, which needs to be merged
This has rather low priority, much more important is the fact that the latest BD+ versions interact with the BD-J layer, this should be implemented first before messing up with stuff that works. And there is still much work to do on the BD-J machine itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreet View Post
I think another big thing is that we dont have working processing keys for > v10 (in aacskeys). we need to get these keys in order to be able to work on newer titles.
No, i don't think that this is necessary. AFAIK BD+ can use the Volume ID off the disc but nothing more AACS releated stuff (maybe this can change in the future?), for discs we don't have a Processing Key you can still check if the Conversion Table seems to be valid, without actually watching if the movie runs without errors.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote