Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th March 2011, 15:32   #12  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I haven't said that Verbatim dropped quality, I said all DVDRs dropped quality, and Verbatim is no exception.
And I said in the case of Verbatim I don't agree, What's your point?

Quote:
My 20 years experience with burning told me this.
It's a pity you can't post screen shots which back up your experience such as a better quality burn than what I'm getting with Verbatim today. 20 years experience, yet while making lots of generalisations you haven't actually given any examples of your own experiences with media longevity, or lack of it.

Quote:
And really feel sorry for you if you cannot grip that quality is more than PI/PO values, or your interesting 95% limit. As independent longevity tests showed several times, disks that cut perfectly during burning couldn't be read afterwards, while disks that were not so brilliant in terms of PI/PO, withstand much much better and be still within the specs. Which I think is exactly what the OP asked. There are not so many dyes around, (I assume) you know, so there are other factors besides who manufactured the dye, who manufactured the stamper and who relabelled it. And of course, (I assume) you know there is also Gold/Alu layers, not only Alu.
So independent longevity tests show some discs last better than others. This proves the quality has been dropping how? Did those same longevity tests on older discs of the same type show the same discs manufactured a few years earlier would have lasted longer?

Quote:
Those people don't come back to say, well, you know, my 16x (or 24x) disk just died, two weeks ago, God know why, it had such beautiful PI/POs.
No, they don't.... do they?
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote