Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th May 2012, 23:31   #11041  |  Link
Diegotimmy

I asked this question over at the AVS forums but didn't receive a reply:

Wondered if anyone here could help.

How can I get the lav splitter to prefer the secondary audio stream by default rather than the hearing impaired stream?

Annoyingly the hearing impaired stream is 256kbps compared to the default of 192kbps in my .WTV recordings, so i guess this is why it is being selected by default. In addition to this, playback freezes until I select the correct stream in MPC HC.

Thanks
Diegotimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 09:26   #11042  |  Link
wanezhiling

http://www.mediafire.com/?htq1ahkue7pqbre

http://i.imgur.com/YpNG6.png
lav splitter + lav cuvid + evr cp

http://i.imgur.com/7P6C2.jpg
lav splitter + lav sw/qs/cb/native + evr cp

Last edited by wanezhiling; 19th May 2012 at 09:33.
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 23:11   #11043  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Nev, try QuickSync decoder r54.
Got Deinterlacing working (including telecine) as well as Detail and Denoise.
Let me know if this passes your regression.
Note that on soft telecined content, the output frame rate will change to 23.976 - no frame replication. If you want frame replication as a feature, let me know.
This works with and without my decoder changing the time stamps.
Intel Corp.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 23:13   #11044  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Soft-telecine needs to set the repeat flags on the frames, but it should not convert it to hard-telecine. So if its not doing that, thats OK for me.
I'll check it when i have some time.
Old 19th May 2012, 23:20   #11045  |  Link
dukey

I got a problem with some VC1 files and CUDA. Using lav splitter and CUDA decoder. The stream ends up quite broken.

http://i.imgur.com/i6K9h.jpg

I'll upload a sample
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 23:22   #11046  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukey View Post
I'll upload a sample
Don't bother, its not like anyone here can fix any problems with CUDA decoding, only NVIDIA can do that. Send it to them.
Old 19th May 2012, 23:22   #11047  |  Link
dukey

Okay ..
Old 19th May 2012, 23:49   #11048  |  Link
aufkrawall

You could upload it anyway and I will report it to someone else who maybe can Nvidia let it fix this.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 01:56   #11049  |  Link
sumawo13
Learning Avisynth user

I made an encode from a Fraps video recorded in RGB mode, using x264 version 2197, my command line was as follows:

Code:
x264-10 --demuxer lavf --force-cfr --fps 60 --output-csp i444 --crf 16 --preset slower -o vid.mp4 "SoF2MP 2012-05-19 09-50-24-37.avi"
Here is the original file.

Here is the encoded file.

If you look you can notice a slight difference in color, I believe this to be a colorimetry problem caused by decoding with LAV Filters, which I use.

----

It seems adding
Code:
--colorprim bt470bg --transfer bt470bg --colormatrix bt470bg
decodes properly, but this seems like only a temporary fix.

Last edited by sumawo13; 20th May 2012 at 03:01.
sumawo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 08:48   #11050  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumawo13 View Post
If you look you can notice a slight difference in color, I believe this to be a colorimetry problem caused by decoding with LAV Filters, which I use.
1024x768 already qualifies as a "HD" resolution, so if the color matrix is not explicitly tagged, it'll use the BT.709 matrix.
If your content is not BT.709, and you have a resolution that would otherwise qualify as HD, you need to explicitly tag the matrix like you did in the command line you quoted in your "temporary" fix.

If the file does not tell LAV which matrix was used, all we can do is guess. And every guess will be wrong eventually.
Its working as intended, from where i'm standing.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:38   #11051  |  Link
powder21

Reclock WASAPI -> ATI HDMI -> Not working

OK. I give up. I've been trying my best to get my uncle's HTPC setup without having to ask any questions (this thread has been a WEALTH of information btw). Unfortunately, I've run into a problem that I cannot find a solution for by using searches...an answer may be here, but I just can't take the time to read all 500 pages. And yes, I have used google extensively

When I play my DTS/AC3/Whatever multichannel encoded content without Reclock, it works. Status in the LAV audio shows it's playing back all channels. Problem is, I want WASAPI exclusive. When I try playback using Reclock as the renderer with WASAPI selected for PCM, I'm getting the infamous "audio format not supported by hardware / driver" error. I have 24bit padded to 32 selected and it works fine if I use AC3 to downmix the audio, so I think it has something to do with the fact that in Windows audio properties, max channels is listed as two. This doesn't make any sense to me. I thought maybe it's because the HDMI is plugged directly into the TV...

...That part warrants a bit of explanation. I'm not currently using the VSX-33 reciever we have because we don't have a surround setup yet, but there's a vizio soundbar connected to the TV with an optical audio input and the TV supports up to 7.1 PCM through it's optical audio output. Thus, it shouldn't be telling the HDMI Audio that there's no surround sound device connected...

So, I'm stumped. If somebody can please lend me a hand here I would greatly appreciate it.

On a side note: I see LAV filters gets updated quite frequently. I have experienced a couple crashes which I will try to work out after I get this fixed, but I'm wondering what the best method of updating is without losing any settings. I use the installer method to install. Thanks again.

Some helpful info:
ATI Radeon HD 5750/6750 vid card
GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 board with RealTek ALC889 onboard chip
Using all latest drivers (updated today) including the Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Driver
Even in Realtek Sound Manager, only stereo shows up under speaker config (for HDMI) and is greyed out. Other output devices have no speaker config I assume because nothing is connected to them.
Using MPC-HC with LAV filters + audio/video decoders as the only filters. Settings mostly match up with the Advanced setup guide on the AVS forum (with a few minor tweaks which shouldn't have any impact on this issue)
Also use MadVR as vid renderer
Absolutely zero other codecs/packs installed (already removed AC3, just used it to test the theory above).
I like minimalistic approaches

Last edited by powder21; 20th May 2012 at 10:42.
powder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 11:01   #11052  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo-puss View Post
Better than converting to Islam I guess.
Dude.. no need for that.. thank you.
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 11:30   #11053  |  Link
Mosley

In LAV Splitter I've used the following sintax to enable ENG language and ENG subtitles in "Advanced" mode (I want to exclude forced subs), or ITA subs if ENG subs aren't available:

eng:eng|d;eng:ita|d

or

eng|d;ita|d

But it doesn't work. No sub track is enabled. In "Default" mode the ENG flag always enable forced subs, but I want the full text and not forced subs. I think it's a problem of sintax error. Any advice?

Thanks...

Last edited by Mosley; 20th May 2012 at 11:32.
Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 11:41   #11054  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If you use "Default" mode and just put "eng" into the box, it should always enable full english subs (technically, the first english subtitle stream it finds).
I could probably add some kind of modifier to only use "normal" streams, meaning not-forced and not-default, so you could do say "eng|dn" (normal and default, but not forced)
Old 20th May 2012, 12:04   #11055  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Its working as intended, from where i'm standing.
I think so too.
Converting to Rec709 matrix with Avisynth is always a good idea for such videos.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 16:02   #11056  |  Link
Mosley

Quote:
If you use "Default" mode and just put "eng" into the box, it should always enable full english subs (technically, the first english subtitle stream it finds).
I've tried it, but almost always subs which are loaded are those forced. And it's correct, as usually forced subs are flagged as "default".

Quote:
I could probably add some kind of modifier to only use "normal" streams, meaning not-forced and not-default, so you could do say "eng|dn" (normal and default, but not forced)
Very good. It will be very useful.
Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 16:31   #11057  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosley View Post
I've tried it, but almost always subs which are loaded are those forced. And it's correct, as usually forced subs are flagged as "default".
Then your file is flagged wrong.
"Default" is not the right flag for "Forced" subtitles.
Old 20th May 2012, 22:31   #11058  |  Link
dukey

Quote:
I got a problem with some VC1 files and CUDA. Using lav splitter and CUDA decoder. The stream ends up quite broken.

http://i.imgur.com/i6K9h.jpg

I'll upload a sample
I get the same error with DMO mode if seek in the stream to that point

http://i.imgur.com/RSsEn.jpg

Sample http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5xpn9jl7csicv5b
Old 21st May 2012, 01:13   #11059  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
I get the same error with DMO mode if seek in the stream to that point

http://i.imgur.com/RSsEn.jpg

Sample http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5xpn9jl7csicv5b
Maybe the sample is just broken....
What makes you think that the sample should be OK ?
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 07:14   #11060  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder21 View Post
When I try playback using Reclock as the renderer with WASAPI selected for PCM, I'm getting the infamous "audio format not supported by hardware / driver" error. I have 24bit padded to 32 selected and it works fine if I use AC3 to downmix the audio, so I think it has something to do with the fact that in Windows audio properties, max channels is listed as two. This doesn't make any sense to me. I thought maybe it's because the HDMI is plugged directly into the TV...
This is exactly your problem, and it makes perfect sense. Your TV can only accept stereo through its HDMI input and it's telling that to the AMD device.

Quote:
...That part warrants a bit of explanation. I'm not currently using the VSX-33 reciever we have because we don't have a surround setup yet, but there's a vizio soundbar connected to the TV with an optical audio input and the TV supports up to 7.1 PCM through it's optical audio output. Thus, it shouldn't be telling the HDMI Audio that there's no surround sound device connected...
I don't know what kind of processing the sound bar does, but there's no such thing as 7.1 through optical for consumer products. There's 5.1 DD and DTS, and 6.1 DTS, but those are lossy-compressed, not LPCM.

In any case, the Vizio sound bar on their website doesn't seem to support multichannel input (doesn't have a DD or DTS decoder), so it's moot. You're only limited to stereo output from your PC now from where you're standing. And with stereo-only, there's no need for WASAPI exclusive. Just use DirectSound output from ReClock, until you get your multichannel speakers for the VSX-33.

Quote:
Using all latest drivers (updated today) including the Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Driver
This doesn't have anything to do with the problem, but at this point the Realtek drivers aren't recommended. Just use the ones that come with the AMD Catalyst drivers.

And obviously, this doesn't have anything to do with LAV filters, so if there's somewhere else where you're asking or discussing this, we can take it there.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter