Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th April 2010, 09:34   #61  |  Link
MvB
dings!

Jack, I'm using mkv/x264.
That's a good idea splitting the movie. Thanks.

For this Hidef resolution vo 2560x720 i think it's the best choice qualitywise. The final movie with 2 audio tracks with crf=18 is abour 6-7GB and fits fine on a dvd9 in very good quality.
MvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 14:15   #62  |  Link
Jack-Bauer

Rolling back to anaglyphs..

For those (including me) who are not equiped with 3D hardware yet, please find below a method to play side-by-side movies in anaglyphs. It uses pre-compensation deghosting parameters adapted to your screen and glasses (similar to the so-called ghostbusting from realD).

The method can be used with any rendering technology, from anaglyphs to passive or shutter glasses, as long as you want to improve deghosting.

First, create an AVS file such as:
#################################################
DirectShowSource("D:\movies\Nurburgring-sidebyside.avi")

Rcomp=0.05
Lcomp=0.07
#------------------------------------------------------
R = crop(0,0,1280,0)
L = crop(1280,0,0,0)

Rc = merge(R,L.invert(),Rcomp)
Lc = merge(L,R.invert(),Lcomp)

stackhorizontal(Rc,Lc)
#################################################

Then create this GRF file:

...and set the stereo filter output to "Optimised green-purple anaglyphs". Then import the GRF into your favorite player.
(for the audio graph, you can as well use the Reclock filter if you wish). The GRF file and the Rcomp/Lcomp parameters are always the same, only the first line of the AVS file must be patched for another title.

In my case, I set Rcomp=0.05 and Lcomp=0.07. I also had to lower the black level using ffdshow's picture properties: Luminance offset=-17 (ffdshow video processor is called by the AVS file)

With these values, I get absolutely no ghosting (except in black areas of course, as it is cut off - the drawback of realD's ghostbusting...).

The parameters values depend on your screen type and glasses (I personally used my "Journey to the center of the earth" genuine cardboard green-magenta glasses).

EDIT: You can use my test clip: http://membres.multimania.fr/chrono2...sidebyside.avi (use right click - saveas...)
Close one eye: If you see ghosting, try to adjust the matching parameter. Same for the other eye.

Jack

Last edited by Jack-Bauer; 14th April 2010 at 14:18.
Jack-Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 22:44   #63  |  Link
MvB
dings!

@jack

Did you get your dual projector setup yet?
Old 24th August 2010, 10:54   #64  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Check out my thread for green magenta: link
Old 23rd August 2011, 19:34   #65  |  Link
2005sylvain

@jack-bauer except for the last script u can use it with any video program even virtualdub.

And thanks a lot to MvB,doom9 community and Oliver Amato for these nice script !!! I'm having a lot of fun with it and it works very well.
2005sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 18:49   #66  |  Link
MvB
dings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005sylvain View Post
@jack-bauer except for the last script u can use it with any video program even virtualdub.

And thanks a lot to MvB,doom9 community and Oliver Amato for these nice script !!! I'm having a lot of fun with it and it works very well.
Nice to hear. Thanks.

Tags
deanaglyph