Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 29th September 2011, 09:23   #2201  |  Link
alter4

Hello Guys! Thx for the great app!
Is it possible to add to one click mode subtitles extraction phase?
alter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 09:35   #2202  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiritsuki View Post
New error
Look like you ran out of memory. Try using SetMemoryMax(value) with a reasonable value (and decrease it to lower value if crash is still occurred).

And lower --rc-lookahead value. 60 is high enough, 250 is just waste of memory for nothing. Also --merange above 32 is useless too.

Last edited by the_weirdo; 29th September 2011 at 09:39. Reason: too much spelling and grammar mistake
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 14:46   #2203  |  Link
Famille_CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famille_CB View Post
First of all : thank you Sharktooth.

Secondly, I want to explain something : the files I want to encode with MEGui come from Sony Vegas through a Frame-Server called DebugMode : http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/).
I know it's not a real file, it's a virtual one; but it's OK when I use "Script Creator" of MEGui.

I'm not sure of the word I have to use. When I use the script creator one window appear :

If I click "DirectShowSource" I have no issue. It's not file indexing perhaps but it works perfectly. I just want to know how can I use "One Click Encoder" with my frame-server.
"One click Encoder" wants to file index my file, it's not the good way perhaps.

Thank you for your help!
I just want to put my logs:

Quote:
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:13] MeGUI Version : 2050 (svn)
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:13] OS : Windows Seven Ultimate Edition x64 SP1 (6.1.65536.7601)
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:13] Latest .Net Framework installed : 4.0 (4.0.30319)
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:13] Avisynth Version : 2.5.8.5 (21/12/2008 21:46:54)
-[Information] Update detection
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:13] Connecting to server: http://megui.xvidvideo.ru/auto/
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:14] All files are up to date
-[Information] OneClick
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:20] MediaInfo
---[Information] File: C:\Users\Yvan\Desktop\2011-07-27 03.avi
---[Information] General
----[Information] Format: AVI
----[Information] FormatString: AVI
----[Information] FileSize: 7299318
----[Information] PlayTime: 00:00:41.000
---[Information] Video
----[Information] ID: 0
----[Information] Width: 1280
----[Information] Height: 720
----[Information] FrameCount: 2050
----[Information] FrameRate: 50.000
----[Information] ScanType:
----[Information] Codec: DFSC
----[Information] CodecString: VFW
----[Information] Format: VFW
----[Information] AspectRatio: 1.778
----[Information] AspectRatioString: 16:9
----[Information] Delay:
----[Information] Title:
----[Information] Language:
----[Information] LanguageString:
---[Information] Audio
----[Information] ID: 1
----[Information] Format: PCM
----[Information] FormatProfile:
----[Information] FormatSettingsSBR:
----[Information] FormatSettingsPS:
----[Information] SamplingRate: 44100
----[Information] SamplingRateString: 44.1 KHz
----[Information] Channels: 2
----[Information] ChannelsString: 2 channels
----[Information] ChannelPositionsString2:
----[Information] BitRateMode: CBR
----[Information] Delay:
----[Information] Title:
----[Information] Language:
----[Information] LanguageString:
-[Error] Log for job1 (idx, 2011-07-27 03.avi -> 2011-07-27 03.avi.ffindex)
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Started handling job
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Preprocessing
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Job commandline: "C:\Logiciels\Creation video\MeGui\tools\ffms\ffmsindex.exe" -t -1 -f "C:\Users\Yvan\Desktop\2011-07-27 03.avi"
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Indexing started
--[Error] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Process exits with error code: 1
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Standard output stream: Indexing error: Video codec not found
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Standard error stream
--[Information] [29/09/2011 15:44:24] Job completed
Do you understand any thing?

See you later...
Famille_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 16:02   #2204  |  Link
Hiritsuki
Novice of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
Look like you ran out of memory. Try using SetMemoryMax(value) with a reasonable value (and decrease it to lower value if crash is still occurred).

And lower --rc-lookahead value. 60 is high enough, 250 is just waste of memory for nothing. Also --merange above 32 is useless too.
Thank you, but my memory have 12GB enough to run this, I don't know why 2074 well but 2085 error with MeGUI lastest beta version.

BTW, at first is x264_64(64bit) and error than MeGUI auto trun it to x264(32bit)
Old 29th September 2011, 19:12   #2205  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famille_CB View Post
I know it's not a real file, it's a virtual one; but it's OK when I use "Script Creator" of MEGui
Your file type is not supported by the OneClick encoder as it cannot be indexed or the audio extracted. So please use the script creator way.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 19:19   #2206  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

Quote:
Thank you, but my memory have 12GB enough to run this, I don't know why 2074 well but 2085 error with MeGUI lastest beta version.
32-bit applications can only use about 2-3 GB, regardless how much memory you have.

Did that script work well with x264 r2074 32-bit?
Old 29th September 2011, 20:08   #2207  |  Link
Famille_CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Your file type is not supported by the OneClick encoder as it cannot be indexed or the audio extracted. So please use the script creator way.
OK. I'm a little bit sad but...

Thank you for your answer.
Famille_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 11:41   #2208  |  Link
JoeH

@Zathor, I use the same workflow as Famille_CB: create an AVI using DebugMode FS from Vegas, then encode with MeGUI. I use the Script Creator.

I wanted to mention this because it actually affects the feature request I made a little ago about being able to mux in external subtitles and output a Blu-ray structure (TSMuxer) using the One Click Encoder. Looking more carefully at the One-Click Encoder, maybe what I was thinking of would be more adapted to the AutoEncode dialog box, which already (I believe) supports external audio and external sub files (although I haven't used it much).
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 11:55   #2209  |  Link
Hiritsuki
Novice of AVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
32-bit applications can only use about 2-3 GB, regardless how much memory you have.

Did that script work well with x264 r2074 32-bit?
No, I just say with 64bit will error on last version now.

ps. MeGUI x264 error will change the 64bit to 32bit.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:00   #2210  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

Quote:
No, I just say with 64bit will error on last version now.

ps. MeGUI x264 error will change the 64bit to 32bit.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. From your log, you're using 32-bit version of x264 and with that extreme settings, you ran out of memory (as 32-bit x264 can only access 2-3 GB RAM).

You should enable 64-bit mode of x264 (in Settings) and try to run that script again. If there's any error when running 64-bit x264, you should that log here (not the log with 32-bit x264).
Old 8th October 2011, 21:31   #2211  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

Whenever I change or create a new script in the avs script creator and save it, MeGUI tries to reopen EVERY preview window from avs files I have created during the recent program session. I have this issue for a long time so I guess it is a known bug? Will this be fixed any time?

Also I was wondering why the preview window does not use the actual video size on opening video sources in the avs creator. For 720p and 1080p content the preview window is way bigger than my screen resolution (which is 1080p), making it very difficult to navigate. When I press the [1:1] or check the preview- button, the windows size seems to be correct, but I lose some of the buttons. See this picture:

OS is Win7 x64.
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 11:36   #2212  |  Link
SledgeHammer_999

Hey guys,

I have re-written the bitrate calculation class in C++. I mostly used the same variables and functions the C# one uses, but I did quite a few restructuring to accommodate my needs. eg I don't use the full VideoCodec/ContainerType classes. My question is do I still have to release under the GPL? I was thinking to go LGPL for the bitrate calculation class.

Why I did this? I just wanted a standalone bitrate calculator. Now, I can write a simple command line program that uses the class(for use in conversion tools) AND a GUI program too. Oh did I mention portability too?
SledgeHammer_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 15:24   #2213  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXXuz View Post
Whenever I change or create a new script in the avs script creator and save it, MeGUI tries to reopen EVERY preview window from avs files I have created during the recent program session. I have this issue for a long time so I guess it is a known bug? Will this be fixed any time?
Thank you very much for the feedback. I am not aware of this issue and cannot reproduce it. Please describe the steps to reproduce the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXXuz View Post
Also I was wondering why the preview window does not use the actual video size on opening video sources in the avs creator. For 720p and 1080p content the preview window is way bigger than my screen resolution (which is 1080p), making it very difficult to navigate. When I press the [1:1] or check the preview- button, the windows size seems to be correct, but I lose some of the buttons.
Once again I am not aware of the issue and cannot reproduce it. I also have an 1080p display (+W7 x64) and 1080p content will be displayed correctly. Also I can see all buttons when clicking on 1:1. Do you have something special (e.g. dual screen, ...)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer_999 View Post
I have re-written the bitrate calculation class in C++. I mostly used the same variables and functions the C# one uses, but I did quite a few restructuring to accommodate my needs. eg I don't use the full VideoCodec/ContainerType classes. My question is do I still have to release under the GPL? I was thinking to go LGPL for the bitrate calculation class.
I do not know the answer to your GPL/LGPL question but please be aware that the M2TS calculation is broken in MeGUI.
Old 9th October 2011, 15:26   #2214  |  Link
luke83

Hi,
when I run encoding with Prerendering job, it gives me this error: "Impossible to run the cast of the objects of type: MeGui.FFMSIndexJob on the type MeGui.VideoJob"
luke83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 15:28   #2215  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke83 View Post
when I run encoding with Prerendering job, it gives me this error: "Impossible to run the cast of the objects of type: MeGui.FFMSIndexJob on the type MeGui.VideoJob"
Thanks for the report. I did a quick test and cannot reproduce the problem. Please post the full log file and describe the steps to reproduce the problem.
Old 9th October 2011, 16:54   #2216  |  Link
luke83

Quote:
Thanks for the report. I did a quick test and cannot reproduce the problem. Please post the full log file and describe the steps to reproduce the problem.
This is the window error:

this is the log:

and this is the Queue (the blue line is the job where Megui stops and sometimes crashes):

If I don't use Prerendering, enconding works.
If I don't use Oneclick and Prerendering is active, encoding does NOT work

The problem is the Prerending. I used it only one time in the past and it worked.
Old 9th October 2011, 17:31   #2217  |  Link
Zathor

Please post or upload the log file. You can find it in the MeGUI\logs folder.
Old 9th October 2011, 19:24   #2218  |  Link
kalehrl

I've been using megui for quite some time now and I find it very versatile and powerfull.
I mostly encode in h264 mkv format and there is one thing which is bothering me.
When I encode at a target size of 700MB, my encodes come out as 696MB so there's 4MB missing.
When I encode in xvid avi with AutoGK, my encodes are bang on 700MB or 699MB.
What could be causing this little problem in megui?
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 20:20   #2219  |  Link
luke83

Quote:
Please post or upload the log file. You can find it in the MeGUI\logs folder.
I renamed it from .log to .txt to attach here
logfile-11-10-09_18-04-46.txt
Old 9th October 2011, 20:45   #2220  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

Quote:
Thank you very much for the feedback. I am not aware of this issue and cannot reproduce it. Please describe the steps to reproduce the problem.
Thanks for your quick response Zathor. I guess I was just "lucky" before and the problem does not always show up when you're forcing it.^^
However, I think I have found a way to reproduce it. At least it's working on my system now every time:

1) Startup MeGUI
2) Open Avisynth script creator
3) Have a custom made script, there are lots of possibilities here. What seems to work best to reproduce this bug is create a script with NO resizing filter enabled. If you don't have any, create one with no resizing filter (checkbox disabled under Extra Setup), save it and close MeGui. Now restart MeGUI, open Avisynth script creator and select your script if not already preselected.
4) open your source file, it does not matter which indexer has been used
5) Press Preview
6) Give your avs file a custom name, f.e. test1.avs
7) Save it and close Avisynth script creator
8) Enqueue your avs script in the video encoder, codec and settings doesn't really matter. You don't need to encode anything either, but the job has to be in the queue for at least once while Megui is running. CLOSE the video preview of the job if it is still open.
9) Go back to Avisynth script creator
10) Open a 2nd video source, this has to be a different one than the first
12) do the very same as in steps 5-8, name it test2.avs f.e.
13) Open the Avisynth script creator for a 3rd time.
14) Do not open any file, press CONFIG on your Avisynth profile and edit it.
15) Now enable the resize filter, activate it by tipping the checkbox on the Extra Setup tab.
16) Press Update, then press OK

The very moment the editor of your custom script closes, MeGUI SHOULD reopen the preview windows of the two jobs (test1.avs & test2.avs) you created before.

I tried this three times in a row now. And every time the first two video previews showed up again. Hope it works for you, too.

Quote:
Once again I am not aware of the issue and cannot reproduce it. I also have an 1080p display (+W7 x64) and 1080p content will be displayed correctly. Also I can see all buttons when clicking on 1:1. Do you have something special (e.g. dual screen, ...)?
Yes I use a dual screen setting indeed. But I also use the medium text size (125%) in Windows. Maybe that's the reason. This is the preview window of a DVD source which is way bigger than the video resolution:
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote