Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th January 2013, 19:58   #201  |  Link
glorp

Something in recent builds of MPC-HC has broken the advanced subs handling in LAV splitter. If I have an mkv with eng main audio and eng subs (both flagged default, none forced, subs are srt format) and a lav advanced string of "eng:eng|f;eng:off;*:eng;*:*|f" then MPC will still show eng subs if subs are enabled in MPC. I reverted back to build 1.6.6.6464 and that reverses it so that it works as it used to. something between that and current version changed so that the eng : off match no longer works as it did to turn the subs off even when mpc subs are enabled. using evr-cp and dxva.

Last edited by glorp; 25th January 2013 at 20:11.
glorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 20:09   #202  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Here is the callstack (from 1.6.6.6538) where it happens, if anyone wants to look into it:

Code:
LAVSplitter.ax!CLAVSplitter::Enable(long lIndex, unsigned long dwFlags)  Line 1250 + 0x5d bytes	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CMainFrame::UpdateSubtitle(bool fDisplayMessage, bool fApplyDefStyle)  Line 13772	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CMainFrame::OpenMediaPrivate(ATL::CAutoPtr<OpenMediaData> pOMD)  Line 12016	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CGraphThread::OnOpen(unsigned int wParam, long lParam)  Line 82	C++
Edit:
Underground78 said he wants to look into it on the weekend.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 25th January 2013 at 20:15.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 22:16   #203  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

After a long time I upgraded today from r3946 to r6366, and inmediately noticed an issue with the autofit option (once again). I always have a fixed window size and position, remembered with the "Remember last window position" and "Remember last window size" options. I also use ffdshow to resize everything to screen resolution, so input video to MPC-HC is always 1680x1050. Thanks to the autofit option, each time I opened a video it was resized to fit that fixed window without issues. However in r6366 when the autofit option is enabled it doesn't matter what window size I choose, as long as I open a video MPC resizes the window(!!!) it to an apparent arbitrary size (it's always the same) and even moves(!!!) the window instead of leaving it alone.

I've tried to find the rev that caused this and it was between r4360 and r4902. I can't find any builds between these, anybody got links so I can point to the exact revision that is causing this?

Thanks in advance!
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 25th January 2013 at 22:20.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 22:32   #204  |  Link
Qotscha

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorp View Post
Something in recent builds of MPC-HC has broken the advanced subs handling in LAV splitter. If I have an mkv with eng main audio and eng subs (both flagged default, none forced, subs are srt format) and a lav advanced string of "eng:eng|f;engff;*:eng;*:*|f" then MPC will still show eng subs if subs are enabled in MPC. I reverted back to build 1.6.6.6464 and that reverses it so that it works as it used to. something between that and current version changed so that the eng : off match no longer works as it did to turn the subs off even when mpc subs are enabled. using evr-cp and dxva.
For me 1.6.6.6500 is the last build where LAV subtitle selection works correctly.
Qotscha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 22:38   #205  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

For now we can use mpc-hc builds older then r6518 (7035e41). Selection of subtitle track through lav splitter menu or navigate menu in mpc-hc doesn't work too, I've reported this to Underground78 some time ago. We need to wait for the fix. It's funny that everyone discover this bug after new LAVF release ;p while the bug is present for some time. Nightly build can be broken once in a while...

Last edited by kasper93; 25th January 2013 at 22:40.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 23:09   #206  |  Link
Qotscha

Well, I think this subtitle selection bug was discovered some time ago:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...26#post1610326

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...12#post1610712

It was just rediscovered now

Last edited by Qotscha; 26th January 2013 at 10:33.
Qotscha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 04:42   #207  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
After a long time I upgraded today from r3946 to r6366, and inmediately noticed an issue with the autofit option (once again). I always have a fixed window size and position, remembered with the "Remember last window position" and "Remember last window size" options. I also use ffdshow to resize everything to screen resolution, so input video to MPC-HC is always 1680x1050. Thanks to the autofit option, each time I opened a video it was resized to fit that fixed window without issues. However in r6366 when the autofit option is enabled it doesn't matter what window size I choose, as long as I open a video MPC resizes the window(!!!) it to an apparent arbitrary size (it's always the same) and even moves(!!!) the window instead of leaving it alone.

I've tried to find the rev that caused this and it was between r4360 and r4902. I can't find any builds between these, anybody got links so I can point to the exact revision that is causing this?

Thanks in advance!
It seems it's r4858 fault. Reverting the GetZoomAutoFitScale function to r4857 fixes the weirdness. I don't get what's the logic of the new function at all TBH, will stay with a custom build with the function reverted.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 14:42   #208  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
It seems it's r4858 fault. Reverting the GetZoomAutoFitScale function to r4857 fixes the weirdness. I don't get what's the logic of the new function at all TBH, will stay with a custom build with the function reverted.
Hmm I'm not sure what you're expecting exactly from Auto-fit but it doesn't seem to be what it really does (and did before). It always has been auto-fit to X% of the screen. Lately the value of X was changed to 75% and it was made a setting the user can change. My guess is that what you really want is in fact having auto-zoom completely disabled.

About the subtitles selection thing, this is a work in progress that it will be fixed one way or another in the next stable. Note that nightly builds can't be expected to be stable! While we are happy that users test them since it helps us fixing bugs we aren't aware of before a stable version is released, you have to keep in mind that those versions are and always will be considered experimental.
Underground78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 17:10   #209  |  Link
wanezhiling

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lc1w3a
MPC-HCs Real Video decoder causes a crash, LAV Video decoder is fine.

PS: Tested on MPC-HC.1.6.6.6659 x86

Last edited by wanezhiling; 26th January 2013 at 17:30.
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 17:32   #210  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lc1w3a
MPC-HCs Real Video decoder causes a crash, LAV Video decoder is fine.
I've just tried this sample under 1.6.5 stable and git HEAD and it works just fine. Filter screenshot is here.
Do you have dump file by any chance ?
Old 26th January 2013, 17:37   #211  |  Link
wanezhiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBm View Post
Do you have dump file by any chance ?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3n7ax7

PS: I tested on MPC-HC.1.6.6.6659 x86, default setting.
Old 26th January 2013, 18:02   #212  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
Problem was at ffmpeg side. By mistake sse3 was used and being that my cpu is sse3 capable i didn't experience the problem.

It will be fixed in our next nightly by updating ffmpeg ofc. Thanks for the report.
Old 26th January 2013, 18:25   #213  |  Link
wanezhiling

Thanks for reply, you are right, I tested on an old machine, my other PCs work fine all.
Old 27th January 2013, 00:19   #214  |  Link
RedDwarf1
RedDwarf Fan

For anything but 100%, MPC 6.4.9.1 gives a sharper image than MPC-HC 1.5.2.3456 for me.

Using VMR-9 renderless and Bicubic A=-1.0 rendered as a 3D surface. It's quite noticeable.

Has anyone noticed this? Can anyone explain why?

Last edited by RedDwarf1; 27th January 2013 at 00:53. Reason: update
RedDwarf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 04:03   #215  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

About file associations on windows 7: I have eliminated the OS's annoyances by elevating, UACing, taking permissions on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT (both per machine and per user) and whatnot and I want to use the "old" direct method of file association, for example:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.avi]
@=mplayerc64.AVI

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mplayerc64.avi]
blah blah... (whatever MPC puts there)
Now I understand it would be undesirable for some/most users to do it that way and I don't have a problem doing that part myself, but I have a question:

In order to further reduce clutter, would MPC-HC mind if I put all associations in one class (the second part, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mplayerc64.avi or whatever I call it) and have different dot-extensions (the first part) point to it?

I thought I'd ask before I do it...

Edit: in other words, will it be surprised/crash if, for example, MKV arrives through registry extension for .AVI? As far as I can see, all shell entries look the same, and of course, I will preserve mime types and other things in the first part for other programs. Is the grouping in options/file associations done just for convenience?

Last edited by GrofLuigi; 27th January 2013 at 04:12.
GrofLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 15:20   #216  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDwarf1 View Post
For anything but 100%, MPC 6.4.9.1 gives a sharper image than MPC-HC 1.5.2.3456 for me.

Using VMR-9 renderless and Bicubic A=-1.0 rendered as a 3D surface. It's quite noticeable.

Has anyone noticed this? Can anyone explain why?
I have not noticed anything, do you have this problem on all video files or just some? Could you make a screenshot comparison?
Armada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 18:30   #217  |  Link
v0lt

Attention!
Versions from 6644 to 6666 and have a bug mixer. For example, when mixing from 5.1 to stereo not mixed center channel (and possibly others). This can result to the fact that when watching a movie you will not hear the characters voices.

In the 6667 version of the bug fixed. Been used patch by Aleksoid.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 19:15   #218  |  Link
clsid

There is a bug in this commit:
https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc/commit/b69c83f4e586068dace96ef7bdadf433891ab73c

"File > Open DVD/BD" gives error

To fix it
Code:
sl.AddTail(CString(Path + _T("BDMV\\index.bdmv")));
should be changed to
Code:
sl.AddTail(CString(Path + _T("\\BDMV\\index.bdmv")));
in mainform.cpp
Old 27th January 2013, 21:53   #219  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
There is a bug in this commit:
https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc/commit/b69c83f4e586068dace96ef7bdadf433891ab73c

"File > Open DVD/BD" gives error

To fix it
Code:
sl.AddTail(CString(Path + _T("BDMV\\index.bdmv")));
should be changed to
Code:
sl.AddTail(CString(Path + _T("\\BDMV\\index.bdmv")));
in mainform.cpp
Fixed at 1bac6ce8
Old 27th January 2013, 21:55   #220  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
Attention!
Versions from 6644 to 6666 and have a bug mixer. For example, when mixing from 5.1 to stereo not mixed center channel (and possibly others). This can result to the fact that when watching a movie you will not hear the characters voices.

In the 6667 version of the bug fixed. Been used patch by Aleksoid.
Unfortunately your commit was reverted, because we wanted the problem to be fixed upstream. They've already prepared a fix.
Armada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxva, media player classic, mpc, mpc-hc