Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 16th November 2009, 14:35   #10481  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Same question:

Error 2 error C2065: 'MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SUBTITLES' : undeclared identifier SubtitleInputPin.cpp 68
This happened with rev 1335, please add a bug to the tracker https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/newticket

@Everyone, i've added all the security/memory leak basics to the bug tracker as the following bugs:
126 [Security] /SAFESEH compilation fails
127 [Security] Enable the following switches by default in all vsproj files.
128 [Security] Add Heap Corruption Detection
129 [Security][Stability] Pass all the Microsoft Application Verifier tests
130 [Logo] MPC-HC should pass all the windows 7 logo tests/requirements
131 [Certificate], try to get a code signing certificate from thawte in january

Last edited by tetsuo55; 16th November 2009 at 14:38.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:47   #10482  |  Link
Mercury_22

Since
Quote:
If there is no Pixel Shader 2.0 support, simple bilinear is used automatically
it's there any reason why not make "Bilinear (PS 2.0)" the default resizer instead of Bilinear ?

P.S. AFAIK aren't many (if any) cards without PS 2.0 support out there anymore
Also what's "Nearest neighbor" for then ? maybe the code can get "slimmer"

Last edited by Mercury_22; 16th November 2009 at 17:38.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:45   #10483  |  Link
clsid

Because it will most likely cause problems on low-end cards/IGPs.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:20   #10484  |  Link
bur

Goto not working in x64 version

The Goto command (Ctrl + G) seems to be broken in the x64 builds.

When I enter any time it gives the error: Error parsing entered time!

When I just edit the preset values it works. But as soon as I have used my own numbers even once it stops working.

It won't even work for the preset values from that point on.

Goto works just fine in the 32bit builds.

My system:
Windows 7 x64
8800GT

(the bug report section on sourceforge seems to have been closed? so I report it here)

Could anyone with a x64 build please check if this applies to others as well? Just open the Goto windows by pressing Ctrl + G and then enter something like 2.8.0 - it should go to 2 mins 8 secs 0 ms then.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:28   #10485  |  Link
Astrophizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Nearest neighbor is (I believe) where pixels in a scaled image simply duplicate the value of the nearest original pixel. So, you get blocks of pixels. For an example when scaling x3 a single pixel would have its value mapped to a 3x3 set of pixels.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:39   #10486  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Since it's there any reason why not make "Bilinear (PS 2.0)" the default resizer instead of Bilinear ?

P.S. AFAIK aren't many (if any) cards without PS 2.0 support out there anymore
PS resizers causes tearing/jitter/judder for many users, so its definately not ready for default enabled yet.

the rest was answered i think.
Old 16th November 2009, 22:05   #10487  |  Link
therealjoeblow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranrk View Post
Please watch your DVDs in their correct aspect ratios.
...The point of the request wasn't to obtain a critical (and useless) response...
Old 16th November 2009, 22:09   #10488  |  Link
Mixer73

Wtih 1337 x86 the bug still exists where if you are playing a video and drag'n'drop another video into the window, MPC-HC will try to play both at the same time, I can't find a way to search the bug tracker to see if this one is in the tracker, but it has been reported before.
Old 16th November 2009, 22:30   #10489  |  Link
Polcius

2 questions:

- What's the difference between "Bilinear" and "Bicubic" resizing?

- In wich way is the EVR-CP renderer different from VLC Media Player's? Wich one is better?
Old 16th November 2009, 22:30   #10490  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer73 View Post
Wtih 1337 x86 the bug still exists where if you are playing a video and drag'n'drop another video into the window, MPC-HC will try to play both at the same time, I can't find a way to search the bug tracker to see if this one is in the tracker, but it has been reported before.
please add it to trac, its not on there
Old 16th November 2009, 22:45   #10491  |  Link
clsid

Also include as much information in your bug report as possible, because this is not a common problem, therefore hard to reproduce.
Old 16th November 2009, 23:42   #10492  |  Link
Mercury_22

One more question about the default resizer, from all your answers I understand that the automatic fall to simple Bilinerar it's not working. Is it true ? AKA the statement
Quote:
If there is no Pixel Shader 2.0 support, simple bilinear is used automatically
from MPC-HC's tooltip it's not true ? Or I misunderstood everything ?

@tetsuo is your answer based on reports with recent builds after Beliyaal changes in REV 1312 or on reports with older builds ?
Old 17th November 2009, 07:15   #10493  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe

MPC-HC Hybrid build, please?

First off, thanks a lot for this great player that I've been using for 6 years!

For some reason, in the new build, the video feels like it is cutting into my eyes when I watch it. The version before it didn't have this painful effect at the same settings. However, the DXVA, which I always use, looks MUCH better in v1.3.1249.

Could you please make a build that is the same as v1.2.908.0, only with the newer dxva code, so I could get the best of both worlds? (Or instructions that would let me compile it. I don't have any experience with C++ or SDK's or DirectX, though...) That'd make things just about perfect for me.

My specs: Nvidia 8700M gt, Intel duo 2.0 ghz, Windows XP Media Center 32-bit

Thank you very much
Old 17th November 2009, 08:05   #10494  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
@tetsuo is your answer based on reports with recent builds after Beliyaal changes in REV 1312 or on reports with older builds ?
It has always been that way, but obviously bicubic(PS2) never worked before beliyaal fixed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyders6dogrecipe View Post
First off, thanks a lot for this great player that I've been using for 6 years!

For some reason, in the new build, the video feels like it is cutting into my eyes when I watch it. The version before it didn't have this painful effect at the same settings. However, the DXVA, which I always use, looks MUCH better in v1.3.1249.

Could you please make a build that is the same as v1.2.908.0, only with the newer dxva code, so I could get the best of both worlds? (Or instructions that would let me compile it. I don't have any experience with C++ or SDK's or DirectX, though...) That'd make things just about perfect for me.

My specs: Nvidia 8700M gt, Intel duo 2.0 ghz, Windows XP Media Center 32-bit

Thank you very much
There is something wrong with your settings, the image should be (near) perfect, please follow the checklist in my signature
Old 17th November 2009, 08:36   #10495  |  Link
Mixer73

Quote:
Hey guys I am wondering if you can help me troubleshoot a little problem.

I am watching DVB-T recordings with the Microsoft Decoder but they don't seem to deinterlace. I'm using EVR-CP on Vista, what settings should I change in order to get deinterlacing to work?
Could anybody give some quick advice on this?

Quote:
I have submitted a bug to the tracker for this one.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:08   #10496  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
It has always been that way, but obviously bicubic(PS2) never worked before beliyaal fixed itThere is something wrong with your settings, the image should be (near) perfect, please follow the checklist in my signature
Thanks for the faq. My hardware (nvidia geforces 8700m) and everything else matches up, and I tried all of the settings listed there.

But I would imagine the settings would be exactly the same between players, since every time I change a setting in one version of MPC-HC it carries over to any others.

If I could get a compile of v1.2.908.0 with the DXVA carried over from v1.3.1249, I would be complaint-free...
Old 17th November 2009, 12:24   #10497  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyders6dogrecipe View Post
Thanks for the faq. My hardware (nvidia geforces 8700m) and everything else matches up, and I tried all of the settings listed there.

But I would imagine the settings would be exactly the same between players, since every time I change a setting in one version of MPC-HC it carries over to any others.

If I could get a compile of v1.2.908.0 with the DXVA carried over from v1.3.1249, I would be complaint-free...
Can you post screenshots etc.. like requested in that link i gave you.
The problem is related to one of the many new settings that where introduced since 908
Old 17th November 2009, 13:57   #10498  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
Can you post screenshots etc.. like requested in that link i gave you.
The problem is related to one of the many new settings that where introduced since 908
Well here are screenshots of the 1080p Avatar trailer using v1.2.908.0 and v1.3.1249.0, respectively.

Code:
http://a.imagehost.org/0177/ava2.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0470/ava3.jpg

It's hard to really pinpoint what exactly is wrong with the image, other than the feeling of strain on my eyes that it induces if I stare at it for a few seconds. The 1.2.908.0 one doesn't do that.

Thank you for your time.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:11   #10499  |  Link
Steveo08

i have a question for using pixel shader at mpc-hc, what is the different between using "combine shaders" & "combine screen space shaders" when i use the shader "sharpen complex 2" ?
Old 17th November 2009, 14:27   #10500  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo08 View Post
i have a question for using pixel shader at mpc-hc, what is the different between using "combine shaders" & "combine screen space shaders" when i use the shader "sharpen complex 2" ?
The function of these "combiners" remains the same independently on chosen shader. They just allows you to use more than one shader or screen space shader at time.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 17th November 2009 at 14:29.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc