Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th April 2008, 17:47   #1  |  Link
pilot550

AC3 from MKV with AAC Problems

I converted an MKV with a 5.1 AAC soundtrack to h264 with an AC3 5.1 soundtrack with MeGUI. I muxed them to a .m2ts file with tsMuxeR for my PS3. Unfortunately I used the wrong aspect ratio in my conversion. I tried to re-encode with the correct AR and the video encoded fine but the audio encoding keeps freezing at 53.37%. I'm not getting an error message in the log because it is just frozen.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MeGUI, neroAacEnc and FFDShow. I lost the original AC3 file when I tried to re-encode it. I tried using tsMuxeR to demux the .m2ts file but the demux option is grayed out.

Does anyone know why MeGUI worked converting an AAC 5.1 track to AC3 5.1 before and is not working now? Does anyone know how to demux my AC3 file from the original .m2ts file I made?
pilot550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 21:12   #2  |  Link
pilot550

Well I have still had no luck encoding the audio. I left it "encoding" all night and after 9 hours it was still stuck in the same place. I was able to solve / get around my problem though. I loaded my h264 file with the correct AR into tsMuxeR. I then loaded my first .m2ts file with the AC3 stream into tsMuxeR. I deselected the video from the .m2ts file and muxed a new .m2ts file from there. I loaded it on my PS3 and it works.
pilot550 is offline   Reply With Quote