Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 18th January 2012, 14:38   #8321  |  Link
jos99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos99 View Post
Hmm...when I remove all internal codecs and filters in MPC-HC, set LAV Video Decoder and LAV Splitter Source as preferred in external filters, MPC decoder just shows up when I try to play WMV9/VC1 MP content, even if I block it, any ideas?
Doh, solved, WMV3 & VC1 weren't ticked on LAV Formats tab, same for LAV audio, wma and wmapro were unticked (using Shark codec pack).
jos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 15:32   #8322  |  Link
CruNcher

Lav wouldn't it be a good idear to merge AV Splitter and Lav Splitter resources into 1, both of you seem to reach for the same goal
Av Splitter feels a tad more stable has Program Switching (a custom graph system,including mediatype manipulation) for .ts and Lav Splitter has some more neat features combining both would be a good idea i guess
Though of course Mr Kytmanov would need to open up his code completely in the first place

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 18th January 2012 at 15:40.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 15:46   #8323  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Not going to happen.
I only work open source, and with people that respect and endorse open source, both of which don't apply here.

Also, I don't want any graph manipulation things, that's not the splitters job.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:06   #8324  |  Link
CruNcher

Sad i found the idea of this German/Russian Collaboration exciting though i fully understand your points and as said obviously Mr Kytmanov would have to wakeup maybe starting to contributing to lav splitter would be a good start

PS: Though i guess still Lav Splitter leads in overal interoperability recent test show that it's still ahead in playback efficiency also Av Splitters stream switching fails on many Streams in the test database even fails @ detecting programms sometimes @ all Also it has a lot of Latm issues that Nev can perfectly fix on both sides having the Audio decoder also under his control .
And because of this there are much more unsync situations as well which require to change the whole decoding chain just because of 1 file gets unsync with this decoder using another decoder its fine but another stream gets unsync that worked with the first (this is practically eliminated in Lav Splitter and most video audio decoder combinations especially lav video + lav audio + coreavc + ffdshow + cyberlink).

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 18th January 2012 at 17:28.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:48   #8325  |  Link
RBG

CruNcher
Can you, please, upload any video samples, on which you encounter problems with AV. By the way, what version of AV do you use in your testing?

nevcairiel
I don't know, maybe you were asked this question few times before, but do you plan implementing mkv segment linking support to your splitter in the future? That surely is a nice feature supported by both AV and Haali, and it is sad that LAV is some kind of outsider here.
RBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 17:55   #8326  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Honestly, its a useless feature, not a nice feature.
It will be implemented some day, but don't hold your breath.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 18th January 2012 at 18:00.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 17:59   #8327  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBG View Post
CruNcher
Can you, please, upload any video samples, on which you encounter problems with AV. By the way, what version of AV do you use in your testing?

nevcairiel
I don't know, maybe you were asked this question few times before, but do you plan implementing mkv segment linking support to your splitter in the future? That surely is a nice feature supported by both AV and Haali, and it is sad that LAV is some kind of outsider here.

they're a lot of issues (also some which it shares with lav splitter best example the mp4/mov freeze issue, most probably a core ffmpeg,libavformat issue) though im not putting the same effort into 2 different projects with the same goal (based on the same core) either they become 1 and share the same principals of the core they use or i have to decide for 1 and this decision is fairly clear for me for now (and it wont be the dark side )

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 18th January 2012 at 18:19.
Old 18th January 2012, 18:24   #8328  |  Link
MasterNobody

nevcairiel
Why there is no FFV1 support in LAV Video (I didn't found it on formats tab)? I thought it is rather easy to support it when you use ffmpeg. So why it is not there?
MasterNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 18:41   #8329  |  Link
adam777

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
If there is a full matrix, you can do whatever you please (except increase the overall gain above 100%, because that would have a potential for clipping).
Just when I was about to ask if there are some news regarding this issue.
Glad to see it's still somewhere on the to-do list
(Oh, I'm totally ignoring the "if" at the beginning )
adam777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 18:44   #8330  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Only post-processing i will offer is a mixer, all the other features i have absolutely zero interest in supporting.
By a mixer, I suppose you mean a 7+1 channel matrix or what did you have in mind ?
With a matrix based solution (maybe with presets for 2.0, 5.1 downmix), I think everybody could do it's own thingie
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 19:12   #8331  |  Link
RBG

CruNcher
Dark side, lol... I have to agree with you, merging both projects would be great especially for end users, one splitter to rule them all, but sadly I must admit, that is something of the plane of dreams.

nevcairiel
Personally, I don't think it's useless, segment linking is relatively common among anime society. But again, nobody cares about anime lovers...
Old 18th January 2012, 19:14   #8332  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

common doesnt make useful.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:43   #8333  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Not to mention that presently most animés are N0T worth watching , to begin with
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 19:56   #8334  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
they're a lot of issues (also some which it shares with lav splitter best example the mp4/mov freeze issue, most probably a core ffmpeg,libavformat issue)
I thought these issues were fixed in the latest Lav version(s)
Can you upload a mov/mp4 that still freezes with LAV 0.44 ?
Thanks !
PS: just to quickly rule out the core : do these mp4/mov's also crash in FFplay ? Output FFprobe ? Also freeze in Mplayer / Mplayer2 / Avplay (libav only) ?

Last edited by Pat357; 18th January 2012 at 20:07.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 20:25   #8335  |  Link
RBG

Midzuki
Don't be so stodgy, I've got plenty of old good titles in my collection, where segment linking is being used, eg Clannad, Darker than Black, Kanon, and I still want to have perfect seamless playback of them. Also if this year was poor for worthy anime, that doesn't mean in any way that next year will be the same.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:51   #8336  |  Link
Andy o

Is that such a big deal? I've watched a couple of cartoons with that feature for openings/endings, and why would anyone want to watch an identical opening/closing every episode? Is there any other way it is widely used?
Old 18th January 2012, 20:57   #8337  |  Link
clsid

You could just continue to use Haali splitter for MKV and use LAV Splitter for everything else.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:20   #8338  |  Link
RBG

Andy o
They are not always identical, that's the point. Also I prefer to have full episode and not cut version and it is better when you yourself can decide to watch or not to watch op/ed, you can always rewind them, gladly there are markers on the time line of potplayer.

clsid
That could be an option, if it wasn't so damn annoying to switch between splitters manually, especially when you're watching something for the first time.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:11   #8339  |  Link
CruNcher

ehh you just register haali disable all the other plugins leave only mkv and then register lav splitter and disable mkv parsing the only problem is you need decoder DXVA/Software that work fine in every case with Haalis Splitter (and every supported format haali supports) and bug fixing is problematic most probably the decoder has to adapt but that's also problematic if you think about 3rd party decoder
But the Manually switching that really was yesterday

Nope the MP4/MOV (H.264 only so far) problem isn't fixed though the streams can be fixed by remuxing them though not every muxer fixes those freezeing streams yet most probably that's also why they have appeared after editing. The Origin for most of these streams seems to be Apple Finalcut
Most interesting parser player beahaviour with such a stream is VLC it will reload the stream right in the middle with a small hickup and continue, while ffmpeg based software often just freezing the Video Stream :P

It is about Time

Last edited by CruNcher; 18th January 2012 at 22:44.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:43   #8340  |  Link
zmaster
nvidia user

A small question about the splitter. It is theoretically possible that the splitter can ignore certain parts with a certain name (the chapter name)?
zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter