Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 2nd August 2004, 17:04   #41  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Adding or removing chapters may be an option in a future release.

Adding a new cell is impossible with PgcEdit, because there are many parameters that must match the cells of the VOB file. So, if you authored a VOB with only one cell, it is impossible to magically create a new one with an IFO editing. If you want 2 cells in the IFOs, you NEED also 2 cells in the VOB.

Quote:
And adding new chapter at end of IFO I can skip to the end of video using chapters. I know that there is tool for adding blank chapter but I prefer to use 1 tool for all editing.
Have you tried the "Enable Navigation Buttons" function? There is an option "When in last chapter, allow the 'Next Chapter' button to skip to the end of the title". This works well, without the need of a new, dummy chapter at the end of the title.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 17:13   #42  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@ffroms

Quote:
Originally posted by ffroms
I want to change original IFO with only 1 VOB ID and change Cell ID's as they are in new VOB's.
jsoto does have another tool called VIDChanger that you can try on this matter.
Old 3rd August 2004, 16:48   #43  |  Link
ffroms

@r0lZ - I starting to feel like an idiot. There is so many options with your tool and I don't know about it. I apologize for asking stupid questions . I'll try "Enable Navigation Buttons" ASAP. I was asking about changing VOB/Cell ID's just in IFO 'couse my VOB's are already preprared and I just wanted to change IFO but if it can't be done it's OK by me.

@2COOL - Your tutorials are inspiration to many including me. Thank you for your great work.
I know about that tool but it changes IFO and VOB and I only need to change IFO (VOB's are already changed).

FFS
Old 3rd August 2004, 19:30   #44  |  Link
Zeul

@r0lZ
Not directly linked to PGCEdit but important all the same, so hope you can help. I have been having a problem with the following hex command: 30 06 00 01 00 83 00 00 - which i decode to be:
[JumpSS vts_0, vts_ttn_1 : RootMenu] - which is pointing to VTS 0 - incorrect obviously.

I see from your program that this actually means last visted VTS - where did you gather this information, as i have found no reference to this at all. Also scenarist seems to offer no such command.

Hope you can offer some info on this. Thanks
Zeul
Zeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2004, 22:21   #45  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@Zeul
See this thread. BTW, is it a Warner Bros DVD?
Old 4th August 2004, 06:46   #46  |  Link
2COOL

@r0lZ

This is just a question of convenience. Have you considered at one point to program in a toolbar with, at least, small icons? Besides the normal Open/Save/quit icons, maybe a possibility of icons to more common use functions like undo command changes, kill PGC playback, DVD commands info, set provider ID, Scratchbook, resotre backup, etc. Since the minimize button doesn't work and the PGC Selector and Command Editor windows already have scroll bars, IMHO, I think it wouldn't hurt making room for a toolbar.

Though I'm not one to creating buttons, I'm sure there are a lot of helpful and talented people in this community that wouldn't mind contributing if you made a request.
Old 12th August 2004, 20:37   #47  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@2COOL
Toolbar... Yes, it's a good idea. But, as you suspected, I don't have many time nor talent to design the icons.
So, if someone could send me some nice looking icons for the most usefull tasks, I will probably add them in a toolbar. My address is on my homepage.
Thanks in advance
Old 12th August 2004, 20:48   #48  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

PgcEdit 0.3.3 released

PgcEdit 0.3.3 released

Main changes: functions to inspect (read-only) the menu buttons commands and layout. The 'Jump to Target' function works with buttons commands, too.
Note: this function uses an external executable, and is therefore currently available for Windows only.

Download PgcEdit 0.3.3
Version history

Last edited by r0lZ; 12th August 2004 at 20:52.
Old 12th August 2004, 23:33   #49  |  Link
M!ro

Finally i got some free time, downloaded 0.3.3 version, but i was unable to start it

i got this error:
Quote:
Binaries v0.3.3 copied.
Error sourcing /Tcl/work/PGCEDIT/PgcEdit.tcl: syntax error in expression "none+1": variable references require preceding $
M!ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2004, 00:07   #50  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

This error was already reported and will be fixed in the next release. It is due to the "Tearoff Menus" option being OFF in your setups.

Fix:
To get rid of your old setting, you may edit the file "C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USER NAME>\Application Data\PgcEdit\.pgcedit.cfg" (or "~/.pgcedit.cfg" on Linux).
You must delete the line:
set ::config(tearoff_menus) false
This will reset the tearoff menu option to the default setting.

Alternatively, you may also delete completely the config file, but you will loose all your setups (except the Tools configurations).

Leave the "Tearoff Menus" setup option ON (this is the default) to avoid this bug!
Old 13th August 2004, 20:06   #51  |  Link
voo_doo99

Re: PgcEdit 0.3.3 released

Quote:
Originally posted by r0lZ
PgcEdit 0.3.3 released

Main changes: functions to inspect (read-only) the menu buttons commands and layout. The 'Jump to Target' function works with buttons commands, too.
Note: this function uses an external executable, and is therefore currently available for Windows only.
@r0lZ
Congrats, this is a great addition.
We have now reached MenuEdit level, wont be long till DVDRemake level, right? Just kidding , for all I knew, you might have jumped thru hoops to give us this feature because I remembered the tool you used has difficulty parsing VOB files .

With that said, hope you wont mind some requests . Currently, the Show Menu Button is auckward to get to, can it be added to the Button row at least?. And we would want to preview quickly which menu has buttons, so can button scripts be extracted and added to a new integrated section **** button commands: in the Command listing pane?. And, the Button view screen is rather big covering much of the PGCedit screen; it would be great if can be made smaller or integrated into PGCedit. That would be sweet

Finally, now that you can parse VOB files, so maybe PGC Preview is in the future? Hope, hope, hope

Sorry if I am asking too much, just food for thoughts. Thank you for providing many of us with a good tool and FREE too!
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2004, 20:34   #52  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
you might have jumped thru hoops to give us this feature because I remembered the tool you used has difficulty parsing VOB files
This is why I use an external executable (based on libdvdread for Linux, and written in C) to do the job.

Quote:
Currently, the Show Menu Button is auckward to get to, can it be added to the Button row at least?
It's possible. However, I think the buttons pane should be limitted to editing commands. Perhaps in a future toolbar...?

Quote:
And we would want to preview quickly which menu has buttons, so can button scripts be extracted and added to a new integrated section **** button commands: in the Command listing pane?
No, the button commands are read-only, ant therefore can't be placed in the editor window. Sorry. But I can add a special marker in the PGC selector pane to show that there are buttons in the PGC...

Quote:
And, the Button view screen is rather big covering much of the PGCedit screen; it would be great if can be made smaller or integrated into PGCedit.
Difficult. There must be enough room for all the stuff, including a full command disassembly... I'll try some solution...

Quote:
Finally, now that you can parse VOB files, so maybe PGC Preview is in the future?
Not in the immediate future. I need to adapt the exe for Unix and Mac users, then finish some other new functions I am working on... and take some hollidays!
Old 13th August 2004, 20:59   #53  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
It's possible. However, I think the buttons pane should be limitted to editing commands. Perhaps in a future toolbar...?
I forgot about the TearOff menu, it should be good for this

Quote:
But I can add a special marker in the PGC selector pane to show that there are buttons in the PGC...
That would be sweet, thanks!
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2004, 01:00   #54  |  Link
sweetness

@r0lZ
for your toolbar what size icons are you looking for? and for what functions? last, what would you want it to look like? ms word or photoshop? i'll see if i can put something together(between webdsign and backups) for you, but i'm not the best.
Old 14th August 2004, 09:52   #55  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@sweetness
The best is 32x32, 256 colors Windows .ICO files.

For the look, It's up to you!

Waht functions? Good question. I suggest:
  • File/Open DVD, Save DVD, Reopen DVD, New DVD, Create Backup, Restore Backup, Open Scratchbook, Save Scratchbook, Check DVD Size, Explore DVD Folder, Quit
  • Utilities/Title Play Map Table, Domain Stream Attributes, Region Code, Show Menu Buttons, New PGC, Set Provider ID, Set DVD-TEXT General Name
  • Info/Find Unused GPRMs
  • Macros/Kill PGC Playback, Enable All Operations
  • View/Tcl Calculator/Converter
  • and maybe one generic icon for the user's Tools
Of course, if this is too much work, I will be happy with some of them. I'm sure that, if a toolbar exists in the future, there will be other guys interested in creating icons. All I need is something to start with.

Thank you verry much for helping me

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th August 2004 at 10:10.
Old 14th August 2004, 10:09   #56  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@voo_doo99
Quote:
Quote:
And, the Button view screen is rather big covering much of the PGCedit screen; it would be great if can be made smaller or integrated into PGCedit.
Difficult. There must be enough room for all the stuff, including a full command disassembly... I'll try some solution...
I have added an Options submenu allowing to choose the size of the Menu Buttons screen: Full Size (even bigger: 1/1 resolution), Normal (as now: 2/3 resolution) and Small (1/2 resolution).
And this window can now be iconified (although for technical reasons, it is not possible to work in the main window before you close the Button window).
Old 16th August 2004, 10:11   #57  |  Link
2COOL

@r0lZ

I tried out PgcEdit v0.3.3's new button menu display feature with My Big Fat Greek Wedding (R1) root menu and got an error message. I decided to e-mail you my findings.

Last edited by 2COOL; 16th August 2004 at 10:13.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2004, 17:25   #58  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@2COOL
I've found the problem. Should be fixed in the next release. Read your mails for more infos...
Old 16th August 2004, 20:10   #59  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
@2COOL
I've found the problem. Should be fixed in the next release. Read your mails for more infos...
Great!

I have another request or bug. Say I have Cells commands existing. Below is an example.

********** cell commands:
[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 01] 1 LinkPGN Program 1
[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 02] 2 LinkPGN Program 2

I want to keep the existing ones but want to add another Cell Command. Now, if I add one at the end, there's no disruption on navigations as the cells in this PGC still retain their unchanged Cell Command #s to jump to.

[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 02] 2 LinkPGN Program 2
[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 03] 3 LinkPGN Program 3

But if I add my new command anywhere before Command #2, like this...

[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 03] 1 LinkPGN Program 3
[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 01] 2 LinkPGN Program 1
[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 02] 3 LinkPGN Program 2

or

[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 03] 2 LinkPGN Program 3
[20 06 00 00 00 00 00 02] 3 LinkPGN Program 2

...there's going to be navigation errors. During playback, the cells still hold their original cell command jumps but now, they are pointing to a different command.

What i'm requesting is that the original cell commands in the Cell Playback be updated/incremented. Sort like how you did the "goto #s" when you delete/add/change a command.

I hope you understand what I mean. You can add or delete cell commands but PgcEdit should update the Cell Playback area to reflect the edits.

Last edited by 2COOL; 16th August 2004 at 23:40.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2004, 22:12   #60  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK. Understood.

Note that you may add any new cell command as the last command in the list, and use this command for any cell.
There is no need for the cell commands to be in a specific order (although I understand that it is better to match the cell number with the command number.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 16th August 2004 at 22:46.