Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th September 2017, 13:55   #26441  |  Link
jdobbs

Are you overclocked? That's usually the reason for an X264 crash. If so, slow down the clock a little and try again.
Old 17th September 2017, 13:58   #26442  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Just when is the check for LAV install done?
At startup, and again anytime you save and exit from the "View/Edit Config File" menu option.

It also checks:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}\InprocServer32

or

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}\InprocServer32

(depending on 32/64 bit Windows) to make sure the LAV Splitter is installed.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th September 2017 at 14:01.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 14:08   #26443  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Okie-dokie. It does since the GUI passes all into to merge.

I thought BD-RB had been passing PGS (SUP) and SRT to MKV all along, but no. I had been converting my BD's to MKV and disc for a while, as well as importing MKVs to make BDs to get around Cinivia and other stuff. Not noticing SRT wasn't being retained but converted. OOps! Usually I'm more astute than that. Hmm..

May I sneak in *hehe hehe* a request? Mark SRTs as SRT in the GUI rather than PGS_XXX_Language? Like SRT_XXX_Language? That way we all know which is which, from beginner to advanced users?
That's kinda' correct, but not completely. Yes, SRTs are converted to SUP (so they are BD compliant) during import into the PSEUDO-BD folder. But... the original SRT is retained as well (in the PSEUDO folder). Then when you run a ALTERNATE job (to make an MKV) against the PSEUDO-BD folder, BD-RB recognizes that an SRT exists and adds it to the MKV. MKV players like SRT subtitles, but most won't recognize PGS streams (there are probably some that do, but I'm not familiar with them).

I was just going through the code and noticed something... I already added the option to keep the SUPs some time ago apparently (long enough [2012] that I didn't remember it). Look at this option in HIDDENOPTS.TXT:

MKV_MUXSUPS=n n = 0/1 - If set to "1" (default), ALTERNATE/MKV output will include selected .SUP subtitles

It started defaulting to "1" in 2013, so by default the selected SUPs should be included in the MKV file...

I think I did it so that an MKV file created with BD-RB could later be imported to BD without losing the original subtitles.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th September 2017 at 14:33.
Old 17th September 2017, 15:33   #26444  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
At startup, and again anytime you save and exit from the "View/Edit Config File" menu option.

It also checks:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}\InprocServer32
Default = C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\LAVSplitter.ax
Quote:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}\InprocServer32
Default = C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x64\LAVSplitter.ax

The LAVVideo and LAVSplitter AX files are in the locations indicated.

Versions 18 and 20 do not find them either. But, as you can see, it is there on my system (XP-64).

Is there a test version I can run, or set up some added debugging info?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 15:53   #26445  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Default = C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\LAVSplitter.ax

Default = C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x64\LAVSplitter.ax

The LAVVideo and LAVSplitter AX files are in the locations indicated.

Versions 18 and 20 do not find them either. But, as you can see, it is there on my system (XP-64).

Is there a test version I can run, or set up some added debugging info?
Go to the HELP menu and run INSPECT again. It's really odd that it wouldn't be showing up.

Try right-clicking on BD-RB and "Run as Administrator". Then do INSPECT again. I'm wondering if it is an access issue.
Old 17th September 2017, 16:03   #26446  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Go to the HELP menu and run INSPECT again. It's really odd that it wouldn't be showing up.
Not there.
Quote:
Try right-clicking on BD-RB and "Run as Administrator". Then do INSPECT again. I'm wondering if it is an access issue.
I do not have a separate administrator account on the XP-64 box. But, doing this shows that the current user is administrator. I unchecked the run with restricted rights and it did not make a difference.

UPDATE: For shits-and-grins, I installed LAV Filters, AVISynth 2.6.0 and BDRB 24 on the Win7-64 box. When BDRB started it complained about the LAV filters not being configured correctly. Once I let it configure it, it shows up in the inspection list.

Could this be an issue with the XP-64 install, since I installed the LAV filters after BDRB and therefore it didn't get to configure it the way you need it configured?

Last edited by MrVideo; 17th September 2017 at 16:14.
Old 17th September 2017, 16:44   #26447  |  Link
MrVideo

DD+ Not Being Handled Correctly

OK, I ran the file with DD+ thru BDRB on the Win7 box and it is not doing as expected, which explains why the XP-64 version is doing what it is trying to do (without the LAV filters).

BDRB is supposed to leave the DD+ audio alone during the first stage, where it builds the BDRB structure. Instead it is converting EAC3 to AC3. That is not what we wanted.

Do not convert DD+ to AC3 until the Backup stage is run.

If you leave the DD+ alone, i.e., just copy it over, then I suspect that the XP-64 version will not error out because LAV wasn't there.

Please don't say that you need to convert DD+ because it isn't Blu-ray compliant. Well, neither can videos be compliant and those are left alone until Backup time. I know, I've imported some videos that my Blu-ray player would not play and I dealt with that.
Old 17th September 2017, 16:45   #26448  |  Link
staina

Quote:
Are you overclocked? That's usually the reason for an X264 crash. If so, slow down the clock a little and try again.
Not overclocked. Standard clock for Ryzen 5 1600X.
staina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 16:52   #26449  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
BDRB is supposed to leave the DD+ audio alone during the first stage, where it builds the BDRB structure.
Not true. It can't leave it alone, because it isn't compliant (it doesn't have a core). There are lots and lots of dependencies based on that -- and I'd have to rewrite a significant amount of code to cover all the bases. I'm not willing to do that just so someone can keep a non-compliant EAC3 rather than a compliant AC3 stream.
Quote:
Please don't say that you need to convert DD+ because it isn't Blu-ray compliant.
Sorry... my program, my rules.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th September 2017 at 17:05.
Old 17th September 2017, 17:06   #26450  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by staina View Post
Not overclocked. Standard clock for Ryzen 5 1600X.
Is it possible the source is corrupt? X264 is pretty rock-solid -- I would suspect almost anything else first.
Old 17th September 2017, 21:05   #26451  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
That's kinda' correct, but not completely. Yes, SRTs are converted to SUP (so they are BD compliant) during import into the PSEUDO-BD folder. But... the original SRT is retained as well (in the PSEUDO folder). Then when you run a ALTERNATE job (to make an MKV) against the PSEUDO-BD folder, BD-RB recognizes that an SRT exists and adds it to the MKV. MKV players like SRT subtitles, but most won't recognize PGS streams (there are probably some that do, but I'm not familiar with them).

I was just going through the code and noticed something... I already added the option to keep the SUPs some time ago apparently (long enough [2012] that I didn't remember it). Look at this option in HIDDENOPTS.TXT:

MKV_MUXSUPS=n n = 0/1 - If set to "1" (default), ALTERNATE/MKV output will include selected .SUP subtitles

It started defaulting to "1" in 2013, so by default the selected SUPs should be included in the MKV file...

I think I did it so that an MKV file created with BD-RB could later be imported to BD without losing the original subtitles.
Right, all this agree with. Hmm.. I think I wasn't clear enough. I shall attempt to break it a bit more because I'm think I'm being misunderstood.

SUP files are being brought into MKVs fine. I remember the creation of MKV_MUXSUPS=n and that it became 1 as default. I was very happy about that. I do recall. Hehe. What my aim has been is focus on SRT files for MKV and MP4.

SRTs are being converted and imported into MKV fine. But since MP4 doesn't allow for them (yet), they're being rejected by MP4Box, makes sense. I've also been testing that outside of BD-RB because I'd forgotten. Like you, it's been some time. I don't use MP4 container often.

When my T.V. when kaput...and I bought another, I noticed the first few MKV's SRT's were not being read or noticed within the container. Checked documents and there isn't any, anymore for most T.V.s now. Argh! Which is why I asked the question here. So, I did the next step to be sure T.V.'s USB "Movie" feature is working correctly. I extracted SRT which was below the PGS streams. I didn't realize or notice or consider that THAT is the challenge as to why SRTs aren't being read. So, extracted and renamed SRT to match "Movie.srt"... Voila!! "Okay, why Not from the container?"

I still didn't notice, or consider the PGS's are above the SRT in MKVs.

I started checking with MP4 container, thinking there's a preference by LG in their newer WebOS features. That's when I noticed BD-RB, or some process isn't injecting the SRT into MKV or MP4 _when_ importing an MKV.

Still, I hadn't reflected about PGS's in MKV at this point. So, I started messing with BD-RB and MKVmerge's GUI some. As well as YAMB.

Dead-end...not going anywhere. "Is it Inside the MKV??" I started checking that. With a test of using MKV's GUI I shifted the SRT above the multiple PGS sreams. Star Wars for the example, and noticed the T.V. from USB now allows me to select from multiple SRT streams. Wooohoo!! HAHA!

In the meantime, I also learned that BD-RB is injecting SRT when it's created from Tesseract...from BD. But not when importing an MKV to Alternate MKV to remove PGS, as I was doing that to only test stuff. So, if you download an SRT from somewhere and add it using MKVMERGE GUI, and later import into BD-RB the SRT is being converted, not left alone and injected at MKV creation. That's what I was hoping for.

So, I learned multiple things buying a new T.V., and I hope this helps to clarify what I thought might be a bug AND the reason for my request. :-D I was a bit confused annnnnd.....slightly frustrated for a little while. Not towards you, but why SRT wasn't working. Never tested, since 2012, that the order of SRTs would matter to anything. Ha!

Now you know why I requested the ability to inject SRTs into MKV (without converting to SUP; by way of Hidden Option) and MP4 (which seems to happen automatically by MP4Box but into a different format instead of leaving it SRT)... I thought MP4 was already being done, but I...admit I didn't recall.

Hope that helps, JD.

P.S. If anyone is interested, the LG Smart TV with WebOS plays MKV containers fantastic. I haven't noticed ANY glitches. Using lossless video and DTS or rerendered DTS to AC3 works great also. Only thing, doesn't read PGS or chapters but has very functional skip/FF.

Another donation coming soon, as I'm reminded just how cool and helpful BD-RB is.
Old 17th September 2017, 21:11   #26452  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Not true. It can't leave it alone, because it isn't compliant (it doesn't have a core). There are lots and lots of dependencies based on that -- and I'd have to rewrite a significant amount of code to cover all the bases. I'm not willing to do that just so someone can keep a non-compliant EAC3 rather than a compliant AC3 stream.
As I said, at that stage of the game, who cares if it is compliant or not. Non-compliant video is allowed to pass. When the Backup stage is done, then it can convert to AC3. Isn't it simple to call the DD+ to AC3 subroutine from the Backup stage and just not call it from the initial stage?

That said, I'm not the only one. I'm sure the list will grow.

Any update on the VFR issue? Mediainfo reports that it isn't VFR, yet VFR still happens.
Old 20th September 2017, 03:30   #26453  |  Link
MrVideo

Why am I so against recoding DD+ to AC3? Dolby Digital was not designed/meant to be recoded. Minute errors and artifacts are introduced when doing so. The ABC network used to delivery AC3 @ 640k to it affiliates, but stopped doing so. I suspect because of the recoding issue. Instead they now deliver MP2 streams that are now recoded to AC3 5.1. Is that any better? I really do not know. NBC uses the same delivery method. Unfortunately the PBS network satellite delivery is AC3. But, since I capture that feed, there is no recoding on my part. The CW and CBS use Dolby-E, which was designed for recoding at the broadcast end for air. I too recode that to AC3 5.1 @ 640k.

Unless the DD+ is left alone in the first stage, for those of us who need it, I will be forced to recode to DTS. Why DTS? I can recode at a higher bitrate, which will hopefully reduce any minute errors and artifacts during the recoding process. Do I have any proof? Nope. But it has to be better than recoding EAC3 to AC3.
Old 20th September 2017, 04:24   #26454  |  Link
MrVideo

VFR issue

BDRB is getting a false positive. I do not know how, since mediainfo seems to be reporting that the video is CFR, which it really is.

I had an idea as to why it is happening. I try and capture the sat feed with the Tandberg IRD via ASI. But sometimes the signal will not lock and I have to use the consumer TeVii USB receiver. Both receivers are used to capture the satellite transport streams as TS files. But, for some reason, the TS file captured by the TeVii trips up BDRB into thinking that the video is VFR. Why it trips up BDRB is unknown.

I need a way to override the VFR scanning and related VFR-CFR conversion. As previously reported that process screws up and produces 59.94 video instead of leaving it at 29.97.

To help find out why things are going wrong, I can supply a 100MB sample to be analyzed.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2017, 02:37   #26455  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
As JD mentions above, 'tweak' is a simple but excellent Avisynth filter to use.
He also said the it can be found under SETUP. But, when I do Settings->Setup, I find no such area in which to add AVISynth filters.

I want to try adding SelectEvery(2,0) in order to get rid of the double frames caused by the improper operation of VFR->CFR (see above posts regarding this issue).

I need to try something until this issue is resolved.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2017, 03:18   #26456  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
He also said the it can be found under SETUP. But, when I do Settings->Setup, I find no such area in which to add AVISynth filters.

I want to try adding SelectEvery(2,0) in order to get rid of the double frames caused by the improper operation of VFR->CFR (see above posts regarding this issue).

I need to try something until this issue is resolved.

Thanks.
Heh, okay... there is NO possible way a smart guy like you could possibly have missed this, but, just in case...

Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 08:57   #26457  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Heh, okay... there is NO possible way a smart guy like you could possibly have missed this, but, just in case...
That's funny...
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 10:15   #26458  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I was looking for a box in which to enter the text. I wasn't expecting a checkbox having to be ticked first. Silly me for thinking that. Oh well.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2017, 17:05   #26459  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Sometimes the most simple solution is the best..even when we see it and we recognize it's a little different than we thought; but still don't check it because it's not what we thought. I remember the first time I wanted to enter in something also and notice the option to check. So I did. ;-)

Lathe, I will admit, too, that was funny. But the Ugly Windows 10 would have been what fooled me... Not. :-)
Old 21st September 2017, 22:26   #26460  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
jdobbs is going to need a lot more info than that.
When blanking titles without an audio track (mostly annoying legal warnings) BDRebuilder replace them with a black screen of 0.480 secs with an audio track (audio id 1100). This causes a error in the internal logic of most Warner titles related to predefined audio tracks for languages other than English, that results in the main movie playing using the main audio track (audio id 1100) instead of the proper dub track (audio id 1101/1102/1103...).
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote