Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 14th June 2019, 17:45   #401  |  Link
janos666

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainlesskodi View Post
"I managed to find a fix for the broken gamma, and nvidia dithering in windows 1903: you need to go to Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > WindowsColorSystem, and delete the task called WindowsColorSystem Calibration Loader."
Hah, funny. This workaround works for me too (with v435.27 on a machine which has a custom ICM profile for the secondary display).
But I am pretty sure I didn't have any custom ICM profiles installed on my AMD notebook (unless Windows Update tried to grab one from the manufacturer but I saw no indication of this anywhere and those rarely have a modified 1DLUT anyway) and it just went away between random driver installs (+ a DDU run but no task scheduler tinkering).
janos666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 15:16   #402  |  Link
el Filou

I have filed a feature suggestion to MS Feedback Hub for adding a 'audio-only display output' feature to Windows (could be useful for HTPCs). Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://aka.ms/AA5emb3
Old 21st June 2019, 10:13   #403  |  Link
huhn

no one cares? that's very disappointing...
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2019, 12:42   #404  |  Link
ryrynz

Yeah, everyone jump into the Feedback Hub and upvote it.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2019, 22:59   #405  |  Link
SamuriHL

I upvoted it. I just think MS won't care. I've been through this with them already for a different kind of issue. Even when they did eventually add the feature I was looking for, it was for something completely different but they closed my issue and merged it with the other one anyway. So...good luck I guess?
Old 24th June 2019, 21:36   #406  |  Link
Nicog

Stuttering on RTX

Hi!

Maybe I'm a noob but I still have stuttering on 430.xx drivers my my RTX. For me last working driver is 418.91...

I played with that (https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...&postcount=151) for hours without any success (not sure also to have understood the purpose of the attached files with Nvidia inspectorů).

I'm the only guy who still have this issue?
Old 24th June 2019, 23:06   #407  |  Link
janos666

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
I have filed a feature suggestion to MS Feedback Hub for adding a 'audio-only display output' feature to Windows (could be useful for HTPCs). Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://aka.ms/AA5emb3
Thanks. I was thinking about filing a "phantom display" request but I figured it would be pointless (some generic tech support guy would simply tell me it's either impossible or non-standard/compliant, whatever - with no way to argue about it any further).

Last edited by janos666; 24th June 2019 at 23:30.
janos666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 00:11   #408  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicog View Post
Hi!

Maybe I'm a noob but I still have stuttering on 430.xx drivers my my RTX. For me last working driver is 418.91...
Finally got my 2070 back today. nVidia replaced it with a shiny new one. Thanks, nVidia!! Anyway, I had to reinstall Windows 10 several times while troubleshooting the card. Now that I have the card back, I pulled the 1060 and dropped the 2070 in there without even doing a driver reinstall. No stuttering at all. However, what i DID do after my last Windows reinstall with the 1060 is replace the DCH driver with the standard driver. On a clean Windows install this is somewhat of a pain in the ass. My anecdotal non-scientific could be total nonsense evidence seems to point to the DCH driver as being the culprit in this case. I manually set Power and Vertical Sync to adaptive as my two settings changes. I've NO idea if this will help you, but, it's all I got. If you want to know the nightmarish kind of process used to whack the DCH driver and replace it with standard, see here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/250415/p...-how-to-fix-it

Good luck if you do go down this path. I'd be curious what your results are because as I said, I don't have the stuttering and this is what I did.