Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th February 2009, 17:21   #1221  |  Link
YolkiePolkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I don't know what this means. You've selected MOVIE-ONLY, and if the movie is contained in only those three streams, that should be what is displayed.

Can you post the contents of LASTCMD.TXT (located in the BD-RB folder)?

Also, can you click on SETTINGS/VERBOSE STATUS REPORTING and run it again? I'd like to see a little more detail.

You also need to have VC-1 decoding enabled.

I'd guess that was a bug in v0.17.13.

Thanks.
Hi,

VC-1 decoding is enabled in FFDSHOW.

Here is the verbose report:

-----------------------
[15:01:53] BD Rebuilder v0.18.8 (beta)
- Source: GALAPAGOS_UK
- Input BD size: 21.67 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:26:52.937]
- Target BD size: 7.72 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[15:01:53] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [16:15:14] Collecting video information [00001]
- Error [01:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
- Error [02:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
- Error [03:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[16:18:25] - Failed video encode, aborted

Here is the contents of lastcmd.txt

"C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXX\Desktop\BD-RBV01808\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.AVS" --crf 16 --output NUL

I've also attached some screenshots of the contents of the galapagos blu-ray disc stream folder and what is displayed by BD rebuilder when it reads the ripped disc folder to clarify the situation.

thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by YolkiePolkie; 12th February 2009 at 17:30.
YolkiePolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 17:24   #1222  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
I would slightly disagree with this only from the perspective of long term compatibilty. I have found that full disc copies to bd-9 are good quality (and you get the full structure), and although the ps3 shows them as data discs, you can still play the streams. Therefore although it won't play straight away like an avchd it's only a couple of clicks to play it and you can work your way through the extras as well. The benefit being that if there is ever an update for the PS3 to make it compatible (and all Sony standalones are) or you buy a compatible standalone when they are cheaper, you have full disc bd-9s
You can play individual streams on the PS3, but I haven't had any success in anything remotely resembling a normal playback for a full movie copy on the PS3, using DVD media. If you have a movie with a single m2ts for the main movie, it will play through, but there will be no chapter selection or any other options. The AVCHD (movie only) copy on the other hand, will play on most, if not all current players. I'm not certain the problem with full movie on BD9 or BD5 isn't somehow related to the fact that the PS3 is a gaming console first and a Blu-Ray player second.

Long term compatibility may be a tricky issue for all of us, but for those with only a PS3 it will likely be a bit more complicated. When considering a new standalone, PS3 owners may want to stay in the Sony family, or at least they make sure they buy a player that fully supports AVCHD.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 17:51   #1223  |  Link
BenieUK

Just tried The Mummy 3 UK version... failed with a crash from x264.exe about 5 and a half hours into it.. full disc mode, movie had been done was the next stream (extras) that it failed on.
BenieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 17:56   #1224  |  Link
jdobbs

I'm thinking it may be saturation, but Dark Shikari would be a better source for that information (he's probably the most prolific developer for X264). I know I ran a test encode last night with the intent of putting a single LOST episode on a BD-9, and found the output to be only 5GB. I ran it again with a BD-5 target and it sized very exactly. I made the assumption that it was encoder saturation -- but didn't follow up by looking at any of the logs.
Old 12th February 2009, 17:57   #1225  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenieUK View Post
Just tried The Mummy 3 UK version... failed with a crash from x264.exe about 5 and a half hours into it.. full disc mode, movie had been done was the next stream (extras) that it failed on.
I'm still waiting for someone to run the failed encode from the command line using LASTCMD.TXT so I can see what we're getting... just the word "crash" alone doesn't give a person a lot to work with. I've already gotten at least 10 of those reports on the new release.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:01   #1226  |  Link
DIVX2009

JDOBBS, support for lpcm 7.1 audio ???
DIVX2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 18:10   #1227  |  Link
jdobbs

Not yet. Maybe some day, after I get past all the major bug fixes.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:25   #1228  |  Link
BenieUK

I have tried what you said (I'm still waiting for someone to run the failed encode from the command line using LASTCMD.TXT so I can see what we're getting) but get no info when the error happens.. do i need to rerun with VERBOSE STATUS REPORTING on before seeing the error report?

Also i dont have vc-1 decoding on in FFDShow as at the min i get around 16fps but if i put it on i get arounf 0.35fps... do i need it on ?
BenieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 20:52   #1229  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkiePolkie View Post
Hi,

VC-1 decoding is enabled in FFDSHOW.

Here is the verbose report:

-----------------------
[15:01:53] BD Rebuilder v0.18.8 (beta)
- Source: GALAPAGOS_UK
- Input BD size: 21.67 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:26:52.937]
- Target BD size: 7.72 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[15:01:53] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [16:15:14] Collecting video information [00001]
- Error [01:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
- Error [02:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
- Error [03:-1] returned from encoder. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[16:18:25] - Failed video encode, aborted

Here is the contents of lastcmd.txt

"C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXX\Desktop\BD-RBV01808\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.AVS" --crf 16 --output NUL

I've also attached some screenshots of the contents of the galapagos blu-ray disc stream folder and what is displayed by BD rebuilder when it reads the ripped disc folder to clarify the situation.

thanks
Hmmm... this seems to indicate that it didn't even get to the point of attempting to encode -- INFO.AVS just writes information about the stream to an intermediate file.

What I don't understand is why it is happening to you but not to me? Can you also post the contents of INFO.AVS?
Old 12th February 2009, 21:54   #1230  |  Link
MikeyBK

Well I also had the x264 crash but only on one title.... It did a fine job a couple nights ago on The Secret Life of Bees, but had the same crashing as Yolkie when I attempted Pride & Glory last night.... I then overwrote that x264.exe with the exe from 0.18.07 and it appeared to encode fine, but when I awoke this morning BD-RB had completely shut down and exited, with only about half of the encoding done???

Anyways I reloaded the current x264.exe back into 0.18.8 and attempted a different movie, SpaceBuddies, and the current x264 no longer crashed.

Just FYI, Pride & Glory is VC-1 encoded..... but GaPony stated that he was successful on this title a couple nights ago already?? Not sure what to think at this point.
Old 12th February 2009, 22:47   #1231  |  Link
YolkiePolkie

Quote:
Hmmm... this seems to indicate that it didn't even get to the point of attempting to encode -- INFO.AVS just writes information about the stream to an intermediate file.

What I don't understand is why it is happening to you but not to me? Can you also post the contents of INFO.AVS?
Here you go:

#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.18.8 (beta)
DirectshowSource("C:\BLU-RAY RIPS\GALAPAGOS BLURAY RIP\GALAPAGOS_UK\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts", fps=29.97, framecount=88260, audio=false)
LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXX\Desktop\Copy of BD-RBV01808\BD_Rebuilder\tools\decomb521.dll")
FieldDeinterlace(blend=false)
Tweak(0.0,1.1,0.0,1.0)
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "[Options]" """)
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "framecount=" ""","framecount")
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "framerate=" ""","framerate")
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "width=" ""","width")
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "height=" ""","height")
ConvertToYV12()
trim(0,-1)

Regards,

YP
YolkiePolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 22:57   #1232  |  Link
Furiousflea

jdobbs, just an apology for not posting that lastcommand.txt thingy, i've got nasty flu and bright lights are killing me eyes. if still needed will post in couple of days. Sorry
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 23:01   #1233  |  Link
mmace

Quote:
Also i dont have vc-1 decoding on in FFDShow as at the min i get around 16fps but if i put it on i get arounf 0.35fps... do i need it on ?
x264 kept saying it was crashing for me with a VC-1 disc so I had to turn it on in FFDShow and it dropped to about the same speed, for a full disc back up it took 12 days, it was either that or it got no where because of crashing
mmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 23:46   #1234  |  Link
jdobbs

I gotta' tell you. If I had to wait 12 days for an encode, I'd probably just buy an extra copy of every movie... more likely though, I'd buy a new computer. You must get tired just from shoveling coal into the rear of that one.
Old 12th February 2009, 23:48   #1235  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkiePolkie View Post
Here you go:

#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.18.8 (beta)
DirectshowSource("C:\BLU-RAY RIPS\GALAPAGOS BLURAY RIP\GALAPAGOS_UK\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts", fps=29.97, framecount=88260, audio=false)
LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXX\Desktop\Copy of BD-RBV01808\BD_Rebuilder\tools\decomb521.dll")
FieldDeinterlace(blend=false)
Tweak(0.0,1.1,0.0,1.0)
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "[Options]" """)
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "framecount=" ""","framecount")
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "framerate=" ""","framerate")
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "width=" ""","width")
WriteFile("C:\BD9S\GALAPAGOS H264 BD9\WORKFILES\INFO.INI",""" "height=" ""","height")
ConvertToYV12()
trim(0,-1)

Regards,

YP
I sure don't see anything wrong with this. I'm making a modification to BD-RB that makes the INFO file a backup method rather than the primary for getting this info.
Old 12th February 2009, 23:50   #1236  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I have tried what you said (I'm still waiting for someone to run the failed encode from the command line using LASTCMD.TXT so I can see what we're getting) but get no info when the error happens.. do i need to rerun with VERBOSE STATUS REPORTING on before seeing the error report?

The best solution is to install Windows Media Player 11. It will install a WMV11 codec that works well. I'll be releasing v0.18.9 tomorrow -- hopefully it will help. The VERBOSE STATUS REPORTING just gives a little more detail in the logs...
Old 12th February 2009, 23:53   #1237  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
One of the 2 disc I have not been able to encode “Patton” was successful last night with 18.8. I also rip to image with anydvd. I tried working off the disc last week and it failed. Anydvd would not rip the movie either. So I tried ripping to image, perhaps that was the fix.

Tonight I’m attempting to encode my hardest film “The Longest Day” I tried it 4 or 5 times. 1st I’m working from folder if that fails I will try from image. I will post my results
Yes it was sucessful in 6.5 hours holy smokes was that fast
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 00:13   #1238  |  Link
jdobbs

Yeah -- but it was probably done with the INI setting at ENCODE_QUALITY=5 (that I left set by mistake), which won't look good in most cases (except possibly BD-25).
Old 13th February 2009, 00:22   #1239  |  Link
MR.WaynesWorld

OK jdobbs, I put back the X264 executable and started the encode of Hancock again. When the x264 error poped up I left it hang. Went into lastcmd to get you the last command.

"C:\Users\Wayne Cierkowski\Desktop\Blu-Ray Tools\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "E:\BLU-RAY WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00123.AVS" --bitrate 4651 --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --filter 0,0 --subme 2 --me hex --bframes 3 --8x8dct --direct auto --weightb --trellis 0 --analyse none --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --stats "E:\BLU-RAY WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00123.AVS.264.stats" --pass 1 --output NUL

What should I do now....
MR.WaynesWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 00:37   #1240  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Quote:
I gotta' tell you. If I had to wait 12 days for an encode, I'd probably just buy an extra copy of every movie... more likely though, I'd buy a new computer. You must get tired just from shoveling coal into the rear of that one.
To Be Fair I think Galapagos is about 10 hours long LOL, well maybe not that long but it is after all a documentry on all the wierd and wonderful creatures of Darwin land, so it does run for a bit.
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote