Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd January 2009, 08:44   #801  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@Chefkoch_ico:
If you demux the original .M2TS into its elementary streams, audio and video, rename the files to match identical to BD-RB's files in the "Workfiles", replace it and just press backup again, and as long as you have not changed anything else, it will rebuild again with the new file. You may want to remove the original folder with the first rebuild BDMV files or it will overwrite them.
I dont think this works like this, because the m2ts is created already after encoding, so I would need to create the m2ts myself. Would not be a problem, but what are the other steps done on this m2ts (not in building stage, but directly after encoding and muxing it, before encoding the next one).

Bye
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:49   #802  |  Link
Steff 320i

I did some more testing with beta 0.18.4, always trying to make BD-Rebuilder's output playable on my Samsung P1500.

Here's a few results:
I made a second backup of "Ultraviolet" PAL. Full backup, high quality. After encoding, I deleted the Auxdata folder and burnt it on DVD-R. It played fine on my Samsung P1500, fitted with newest firmware.
If I don't delete the Auxdata folder, the Samsung won't play the disk. So I thought deleting Auxdata is the way to go.

Then I went and tried exactly the same with "Lost - season 4" PAL, which contains 3 episodes, menus and extras. I made a full backup.
After encoding, I deleted the Auxdata folder and burnt it on a DVD-R. I threw the disc into my Samsung player, but it just wouldn't play. Seems like deleting "Auxdata" is no guarantee that the disc will play.
It worked for "Ultraviolet", but it did not work for "Lost".

I don't know if this is relevant for jdobbs, but to me it looks like BD-rebuilder can handle some movies better than others. Some backups will play, while others won't. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys, I mean, if you want me to test tweaks or stuff.
Steff 320i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:11   #803  |  Link
MR.WaynesWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
@ Mr.WaynesWorld...
I will be doing X-Files tonite, so I will let you know how I get along with it...
One question though... why does yours say only 3 VIDs?
Not sure that's what it came up with after selecting Movie only.

Last edited by MR.WaynesWorld; 23rd January 2009 at 12:52.
MR.WaynesWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:25   #804  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.WaynesWorld View Post
Not sure that's what it came up with after selecting Movie only.

I just noticed that you're doing X-Files 1, sorry I was comparing to my X-Files 2 which showed 17 VIDs.
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:36   #805  |  Link
MR.WaynesWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
I just noticed that you're doing X-Files 1, sorry I was comparing to my X-Files 2 which showed 17 VIDs.
That one I did no problem with the new software.... I also had the same issue with League of Extraordanary Gentlemen and Knocked Up. I am re-tring Knocked Up but turned off do not encode DTS and AC3 Audio to see what happens.
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:49   #806  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.WaynesWorld View Post
@jdobbs,

Can you give any insight into the issue I am seeing now with the latest release of the software.

I seem to be getting it on a number of movies now....

Thanks..
It is getting a failure response from TSMUXER. Try to do a mux from the command line:

"x:\pathto\tsmuxer.exe" "x:\pathto\mux_movie_only.meta" "x:\TEST"

That should at least make it clearer what is causing the error. Of course the drive/path would depend on your implementation.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd January 2009 at 13:58.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:01   #807  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkoch_ico View Post
I dont think this works like this, because the m2ts is created already after encoding, so I would need to create the m2ts myself. Would not be a problem, but what are the other steps done on this m2ts (not in building stage, but directly after encoding and muxing it, before encoding the next one).

Bye
It looks for the m2ts files -- if they are there it will simply use them to rebuild. If one or all of the M2TS files are missing, and the encoding is already complete, it will remux all of them again to create each of the M2TS files (without reencoding) and then rebuild.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:04   #808  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkoch_ico View Post
Hi!

Could you please by default select all subtitles, for the next version. This saves a lot of clicks, when in full backup mode, the main movie is split in more m2ts files.

I often have german and english more than 1 times and only the first one is selected.

Bye
It should select all subtitles by default now. The only way they would not all be selected is if the config file was editied or they were removed manually using the streams list.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:08   #809  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyte_E_YT View Post
Sorry if you guys already discussed this, but has anyone tried Deja Vu? I get an error almost to the end of processing whilst making a full-disc BD-25.
What was the error? When did it happen? What were the circumstances?

I can't fix "an error" -- I need more details.

Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:34   #810  |  Link
MR.WaynesWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It is getting a failure response from TSMUXER. Try to do a mux from the command line:

"x:\pathto\tsmuxer.exe" "x:\pathto\mux_movie_only.meta" "x:\TEST"

That should at least make it clearer what is causing the error. Of course the drive/path would depend on your implementation.
Thanks jdobbs.. I will do this when I get home and post the results.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:47   #811  |  Link
Capsbackup

@Chefkoch_ico:
Use the original .m2ts from the Blu-ray rip and demux that file, not the one BD-RB created. Then rename and replace that one in the "Workfiles" folder. It will have to be renamed exactly like BD-RB created it(vid-***.264, aud***.ac3, etc..) Then when you click "backup", it will just rebuild all the previous encoded files and the new, unencoded original file to a new folder with your finished BDMV folder.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:50   #812  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@Chefkoch_ico:
Use the original .m2ts from the Blu-ray rip and demux that file, not the one BD-RB created. Then rename and replace that one in the "Workfiles" folder. It will have to be renamed exactly like BD-RB created it(vid-***.264, aud***.ac3, etc..) Then when you click "backup", it will just rebuild all the previous encoded files and the new, unencoded original file to a new folder with your finished BDMV folder.
Remember, though, that if there is a significant difference in size it might cause your output to be too big. Also, you'll have problems if the original wasn't H.264 -- because BD-RB expects a .264 file for the mux. You could probably get around that if you used the MKV file as your intermediate.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd January 2009 at 18:57.
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:00   #813  |  Link
jdobbs

If possible I'd like to hear if anyone is having issues playing back when the "Stricter AVCHD compliance" checkbox it set. If not, I may just set that as the default. My system plays the discs back fine. The stricter option removes several empty directories when creating movie-only discs.
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:05   #814  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

No takers on why my Panasonic BD-30 crashes after opening Logo on BD-25 Full back ups, yet they play fine in power dvd 8?
Also the Player plays Straight BD-25 to BD-25 and BD-50 to BD-50 copys fine!!
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:10   #815  |  Link
jdobbs

Are you doing full backups or movie-only?
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:17   #816  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If possible I'd like to hear if anyone is having issues playing back when the "Stricter AVCHD compliance" checkbox it set. If not, I may just set that as the default. My system plays the discs back fine. The stricter option removes several empty directories when creating movie-only discs.
I've done 4 movies with the new setting, and they have all come out good.

I don't know what the setting does besides removing the AUXDATA folder, but it would be useful to allow it for "Full Movie" copies too. I don't know for sure if removing other empty folders amkes any difference or not, since my copies have played well when I manually removed just the AUXDAT folder, before you released the new option.

It has been noted that removing just the AUXDATA folder also makes full copies playable on some players. That was the experience of one person with the Samsung BD-P1500 and I found the same to be true with the Samsung BD-P2500, for the two movies I've tested so far. I get menus, scene selection... everything, although I haven't tested for BD-Live functionality.

All my copies have been to BD9 (DL DVD)

I hope this information is useful.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:44   #817  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Full Back ups to BD-25
I've done loads of movie only rips manually in the past, even HD DVD movie only rips and they all play fine, all straight backups using anydvd hd and imgburn play fine, i even Ripped The Mummy, The Mummy returns And The Scorpion King from HD DVD, reauthored them with forced subs and DTS Audio in Scenarist and ran it through your program to shrink it from 54GB to 25 GB and that worked fine.

Heres an example

Beowulf:-
Power DVD 8: Plays Warner Logo > Plays Movie > all menus call fine.
Pannasonic BD-30: Plays Warner Logo > Plays Copyright warning messages in 20 Languages and Loops Playback > Crashes trying to call Menu.

Resovoir Dogs:-
Power DVD 8: Plays Lionsgate Logo > Plays Main Motion Menu > all menus and extras link fine.
Pan BD-30: Plays Lionsgate Logo > Black screen > Player crashes when trying to call menus, takes a while to eject disk.

Please Help.
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:52   #818  |  Link
jdobbs

Try adding "FIX_CLPI=0" to the "[Options]" area of your config (INI) file. The Panasonic BD-30 and BD-35 seem to have a problem with a CLPI file where the chapter jump tables have been corrected. I think it is a bug in the player since it seems to be only those that have an issue -- but it hasn't been proven one way or the other yet.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd January 2009 at 19:55.
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:56   #819  |  Link
TheOfficeMaven

I just did a full movie encode for the BD "Wanted" in DVD-9 format using the "Stricter AVCHD compliance" setting. The resulting disc played okay on my PC using PowerDVD 7.3 (all the menus seemed to work great, but the main movie wouldn't play - it gets stuck right after all the FBI warning screens come up). However, the disc wouldn't play on my Samsung BD-P2550 (which is the same exact unit as the BD-P2500 only with Pandora radio included).

I checked the disc and noticed that the AUXDATA folder was still there??? It turns out that the folder wasn't empty (it contained files named "0000.otf" and "dvb.fontindex") and so I guess that's why BD-RB didn't remove it. I went ahead and manually deleted the AUXDATA folder and then re-burned the disc using ImgBurn. After that, PowerDVD would no longer play the disc (it complained about invalid disc format). My BD-P2550 really wanted to play the disc this time around, but it tried to load it up and then just fell over with a blank screen. Thus, it looks like I do indeed need that setting in BD-RB as having it controls whether the disc will play in PowerDVD or on my Samsung BD player.

BTW, I'm using the latest release of BD-RB (i.e. 0.18.04).

Interestingly, I tried a movie only encode of the BD "The Ant Bully" in BD-5 format and it played just fine on my BD-P2550. I was thinking about trying to do a movie only encode of Wanted as well, but it took 31 hours to complete the first time around (on my Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM) and I just don't feel like waiting that long again (especially when the end result was a disaster). I'm going to move up to a Core i7 machine next week so I'll try it then instead. Hopefully that machine will encode movies a lot faster.

Last edited by TheOfficeMaven; 23rd January 2009 at 20:21.
TheOfficeMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:30   #820  |  Link
isoss

hey jdobbs

the progam works fine even if you make it a BD size but my only problem i have is that the BD-player(panasonic dm-30) wil play every thing bud wil not go to the menu.
is it posible to make it more competible whith this player. and when wil the real BD rebuilder be compleet (no beta)

greatings

isoss
isoss is offline   Reply With Quote