Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 3rd February 2009, 10:28   #1001  |  Link
Custom_VCD

1000 posts, geez

Im still getting a wavi.exe error at the end of Dances with Wolves European Edition, buy only with Windows 7
Custom_VCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:49   #1002  |  Link
MR.WaynesWorld

I have been trying to get Heroes Season 2 Disc 1 and have not had any success. I read about the ENCODE_QUALITY=6 for I figured I'd give it a try. It failed this morning.

@jdobbs, if you require any other info please let me know.
MR.WaynesWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:34   #1003  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post
RE: Setting "ENCODE_QUALITY=6"

I got a failure in the multiplexing phase.

Code:
[15:46:28] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
  - Source:  PRIDE_AND_GLORY
  - Input BD size: 19.66 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:10:09.426]
  - Target BD size: 7.72 GB
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[15:46:32] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [15:51:10] Collecting video information [00004]
   - Video: 1920x1080, 23.976fps
   - Bitrate: 7,200 Kbs
 - [15:51:11] Reencoding: VID_00004, Pass 1 of 2
 - [17:18:55] Reencoding: VID_00004, Pass 2 of 2
 - [21:19:56] Video Encode complete
 - [21:19:56] Extracting/reencoding audio tracks
 - [21:21:21] Multiplexing M2TS
 - Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00004.meta
[21:24:42] - Failed to build structure, aborted
I'm re-running it again.
It appears you are getting an error from TSMUXER. Wierd that you'd get that when you didn't get it before. The "=6" only changes settings for X264, not the mux. If this happens again, try running the mux from the command line and see what error it returns. You'd type this from the command line:

"n:\pathtobdrebuilder\tools\tsmuxer" "n:\pathtoworking\workfiles\mux_00004.meta" "n:\pathtoworking\TMP"

Of course the drive/path depends on how you installed it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd February 2009 at 14:37.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:13   #1004  |  Link
flytox

Good day and thanks you for this app.
I'am trying to use Bd rebuilder but since v18 it stopps working at the start due to this:
[16:02:52] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
- Source: 61879766_HELLBOY
- Input BD size: 6,62 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:23:08.146]
- Target BD size: 7,72 GB
[16:02:54] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
[16:02:55] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

Also you can see the input BD size of 6.62g rather than 40g+ (this movie is mpeg2)
Here you have the same problem with another movie but the input size is correct (AVC):

[16:04:07] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
- Source: STREET_KINGS_F4
- Input BD size: 30,95 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:48:48.730]
- Target BD size: 7,72 GB
[16:04:09] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [16:04:10] ExtractAudioSubs() 00013 4
[16:04:11] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted.

Prior to v18 the process stopped after video encoding and the error seems the same if i remeber.
I made several BD using megui,eac3to and tsmuxer for my PS3 and i can open and read all BD and HD things with mpc or zplayer on my pc.
Thanks for your work.
flytox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:32   #1005  |  Link
jdobbs

That probably means that your selections have resulted in no audio being used.

Example: In "House of Flying Daggers" there are some extras that have Chinese language only (with forced subtitles). In my SETUP I have told the BD-RB to keep English language tracks only. When BD-RB tries to extract the audio for that extra -- it ends up with a META file that has no tracks selected. The result is a "nothing to do" error in TSMUXER -- and an error return from its shell call.

I've made a correction for the next release that will allow this -- but I should note that in most cases it isn't really what is intended by the user.
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:14   #1006  |  Link
smnckl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalistor View Post
Anyways, lately, encountered a couple problems, not sure if they're bugs though:

1. The last three rebuilds, all of them at BD9, play in a narrow format on my Sammy BD-P2500. The first 10-12 backups all played flawlessly (as long as I remember to enable "Stricter AVCHD"), but the last three are messed up. I get big sidebars on my 16:9 DLP. The movies play fine on my PC using Classic Media Player at the proper wide aspect ratio of 2.35:1. I checked my HT setup by testing some previous backups, no problem, so I know my config is good. The only way I can fix it is to switch my BD player to output 720p and "format" the TV to "wide expand", but then the movie is obviously cropped and PQ is down. Like I said, this probably isn't a bug, but maybe someone knows what the dealio is.
@mcalistor:

Use BDedit to take a look at the PLAYLIST and CLIPINF values in the movie that was created after BD-RE had finished running.
I would not be surprised that your PLAYLIST tab did not have a 720p or 1080p in the STN view.
And, would also be not surprised if the CLIPINF tab shows that the AR is 4:3.

If that is the case, using a hex editor to change the AR value in the 00001.clpi file, and changing the AR in the 00000.mpls using BDedit would get you the 16:9 display back.

@jdobbs:
There are many movies that are not in 16:9 AR (usually 2.35:1 or 2.4:1) on discs. From what I have read, it is due to "artistic license" by the directors or whatever.
I would guess that is the problem with mcalistor's source as I have come over several such discs myself.

The only way I could overcome the issue -- before BD-RE "came on the market" was to re-encode the video and adding borders to force a "true" 1920x1080 and then re-mux, replacing original video with the letterboxed copy that I made.

Since BD-RE does report the correct display dimensions after reading in the source
Code:
[20:54:52] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [20:58:56] Collecting video information [00001]
   - Video: 1920x816, 23.976fps
   - Bitrate: 7,608 Kbs
 - [20:59:01] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
would it be possible to include logic in BD-RE to check the dimensions and then during x264 run, add borders to force display XY to be fully 1920x1080?

I hope what I have written makes sense and if this is a OT feature request, please make appropriate "hmmm" noises and disregard.

James
Attached Images

smnckl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:16   #1007  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarWun View Post
The movie that I was initially having problems with (Max Payne) has multiple parts. If my memory serves me correctly, the other movie I tried and had problems with (Ghost Town) does not. I'll have to check when I get home from work to make sure though.

By skipping I mean that the video will freeze for a fraction of a second, and then skip ahead to a point where it is in sync with the audio again. The audio plays without any glitches. I've only made it about two minutes into the movie, and the freezes happen every four or five seconds over that period.

This was posted as a work around on another forum. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe it will provide some insight to the problem.

Anyways, here's what I did that ended up fixing the problem:

- Opened up the *.AVS.264 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB) in H264info
- checked the "Remove pulldown" checkbox
- ran H264info and created a new file, *_NoPulldown.AVS.264
- opened up TSMuxer GUI
- added the newly-created no-pulldown 264 file, and the *.AC3 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB)
- selected the "Create Blu-ray Disc" option and ran it
- burned the resulting folders to a DVD+RW using ImgBurn with UDF 2.50
Has anyone else reported that this fixes it?
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:15   #1008  |  Link
flytox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That probably means that your selections have resulted in no audio being used.

Example: In "House of Flying Daggers" there are some extras that have Chinese language only (with forced subtitles). In my SETUP I have told the BD-RB to keep English language tracks only. When BD-RB tries to extract the audio for that extra -- it ends up with a META file that has no tracks selected. The result is a "nothing to do" error in TSMUXER -- and an error return from its shell call.

I've made a correction for the next release that will allow this -- but I should note that in most cases it isn't really what is intended by the user.
Thanks for your answer,
in my case i just make movie only mode with the detected english track, this track is also selcted in my setup. This happens with any movie i tried (more than 10). I tried other languages and the error is always the same.
flytox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:22   #1009  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
It appears you are getting an error from TSMUXER. Wierd that you'd get that when you didn't get it before. The "=6" only changes settings for X264, not the mux. If this happens again, try running the mux from the command line and see what error it returns. You'd type this from the command line:

"n:\pathtobdrebuilder\tools\tsmuxer" "n:\pathtoworking\workfiles\mux_00004.meta" "n:\pathtoworking\TMP"

Of course the drive/path depends on how you installed it.
I get the exact same error with version 18.7 even if I change back to ENCODE_QUALITY=2, but it completes normally with 17.13. That's odd since they both use the same version of TSMuxer.

I'll give the command line a shot..
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:52   #1010  |  Link
DarWun

The encode to BD9 finished using BD Rebuilder v0.18.07 and the older version of x264. Using the older version of x264 did not resolve the stuttering and skipping issue when the m2ts file is played back on the PS3. The m2ts files that were left over in the working directory play fine (or at least the four that I tried did).

Quote:
In the other forum where this issue was being discussed, a number of people asked questions about the pulldown workaround after the original post. However, nobody reported back on whether or not it worked. I am going to try it when I get home tonight. I'll post back with more after that.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:33   #1011  |  Link
drmih

I have found an issue with Universal discs (Mummys / Bournes) where after doing full menus conversions to bd-9 the audio is not accessible on my sony standalone - the audio is there on the pc and also as a data stream on the ps3. It must be something trivial in the flags but I can't figure it out.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:15   #1012  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The encode to BD9 finished using BD Rebuilder v0.18.07 and the older version of x264. Using the older version of x264 did not resolve the stuttering and skipping issue when the m2ts file is played back on the PS3. The m2ts files that were left over in the working directory play fine (or at least the four that I tried did).

In the other forum where this issue was being discussed, a number of people asked questions about the pulldown workaround after the original post. However, nobody reported back on whether or not it worked. I am going to try it when I get home tonight. I'll post back with more after that.
Thanks. At least that clears a few things. Could you zip up the .META files in the working directory and e-mail them to me as the address below?

dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com

I just went through the command lines, etc for X264 and I can find absolutely nothing that has changed that might have that affect. Obviously something has changed -- so let's see what the muxing looks like. This is very, very odd.
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:29   #1013  |  Link
smnckl

@all

Quick question to those who have done movie-only (maybe also full backups to BD9) and are playing the discs on a standalone player WITH a <42" TV (I have a 37" LCD).

Original source is 1920x1080 that is re-encoded using BD-RE and all the .stats file shows it is 1920x 1080. However, when played back on my Sony S350 via HDMI to my 37" LCD, the video is letterboxed.

Code:
From INFO.INI
[Options]
framecount=181298
framerate=23.975986
width=1920
height=1080
bitrate=8055
trellis=1

From VID_00001.AVS.264.stats
#options: 1920x1080 fps=2500000/104271 cabac=1 ref=1 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x1:0 me=dia subme=2 psy_rd=0.0:0.0 mixed_ref=0 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=0 8x8dct=0 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 chroma_qp_offset=0 threads=3 nr=0 decimate=1 mbaff=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=0 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=3 wpredb=1 keyint=24 keyint_min=1 scenecut=40(pre) rc=cbr bitrate=7330 ratetol=1.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=10 qpmax=51 qpstep=4 vbv_maxrate=17500 vbv_bufsize=14500 ip_ratio=1.40 pb_ratio=1.30 aq=1:1.00
Hope this is not OT as I am trying to figure out whether it is the standalone (latest firmware 7.4.015, as of yesterday) or the encoding process.

TIA, James
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:54   #1014  |  Link
mmace

what's your original disc play like?

you'll find most films are wider than widescreen TV's so need letterboxing, same as DVDs and TV stations that show OAR (like all Sky's movie channels here in the UK)
mmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:17   #1015  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Hi!

I have problems with full backup to BD25, my backups wont go to the main movie.

This happens on Kung Fu Panda and The Mummy 3 (both german BDs). Both get me a black screen, when pressing the Play Movie button in the main menu.

I realized, both of them are BD-Live titles, National Treasure has no BD live, and is working fine.

I set AnyDVD to remove BD live, as AFAIK this is not working anyway with backups. The Original Disc with AnyDVD enabled is working fine, but the BD-Rebuilder recoded shows the above problem.

Btw @jdobbs, do you need anything more the problem described here?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...87#post1244787

Bye
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:29   #1016  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks. At least that clears a few things. Could you zip up the .META files in the working directory and e-mail them to me as the address below?

dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com

I just went through the command lines, etc for X264 and I can find absolutely nothing that has changed that might have that affect. Obviously something has changed -- so let's see what the muxing looks like. This is very, very odd.
I can also confirm DarWun's results using the older version of x264 with 0.18.07.... still skips the same way on my daughter's PS3.
Will send you the Meta file of Max Payne that I just did last night using the above method.
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:33   #1017  |  Link
datman

never mind

Last edited by datman; 4th February 2009 at 03:18.
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:50   #1018  |  Link
smnckl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace View Post
what's your original disc play like?

you'll find most films are wider than widescreen TV's so need letterboxing, same as DVDs and TV stations that show OAR (like all Sky's movie channels here in the UK)
The original plays fine, filling the whole screen. WS DVDs also fill the screen while 4:3 movies (got a whole stack of pre-WS discs, play pillarboxed.

Its not a big deal but just wanted to satisfy my curiosity... and as the saying goes - it might just kill me.

Thanks for the comeback, mmace.

James
Old 4th February 2009, 00:00   #1019  |  Link
NexGen76

Quote:

This does fix the issue with me BD-9 that skipped.Same source used H264info checked Remove pulldown.Worked like a charm thanks.
NexGen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 00:12   #1020  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
I have emailed the .meta files and the .inf files.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote