Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Old 10th January 2021, 18:25   #1  |  Link
easy2Bcheesy

Adobe Premiere truncating VirtualDub captures

This has been a problem I've observed for years. If I capture AVIs from VirtualDub (or indeed AmaRecTV), there's something like a 30% chance that importing the file into Adobe Premiere will truncate the length of the capture to circa two minutes.

Cutting the file into chunks of less than 12,000 frames will allow me to import the footage. Transcoding the footage in Handbrake to h.264/HEVC allows me to import the footage. These solutions are time consuming.

Transcoding the footage via ffmpeg doesn't work if I choose AVI or MOV containers, or even transcode to another codec like ProRes. Transcoding the chunks in VirtualDub into another codec doesn't work, neither does using a different container via VirtualDub2.

All footage imports just fine into Da Vinci Resolve.

This seems to be an Adobe Premiere bug, but I wonder if any one has managed to find a solution?
easy2Bcheesy is offline   Reply With Quote