Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 27th May 2009, 13:11   #3001  |  Link
strad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
To all: Please be a bit more patient. I'll be ready with the new version soon. A lot of bugs were found in 613 and fixed.
Dean
Wouldn´t it be a good idea to hold questions back for a while?

I think no software in the world so far has been taken care the way Dean does for weeks, immediately being ready and helpful for everyone, always patient! We all are spoiled!

PLEASE, GIVE HIM THE TIME ! ! !
...to finish the new version without constant interruptions...

Last edited by Trahald; 27th May 2009 at 14:55. Reason: remove large font and bold type. Rule 9
strad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 15:41   #3002  |  Link
strad

Sorry, I was not aware of that. Usually dislike big letters myself, but in this case thought it might be OK. Won´t happen again!
strad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 16:11   #3003  |  Link
Gaidamak

Can I avoid splitting .m2ts files?
Gaidamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 17:52   #3004  |  Link
drelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaidamak View Post
Can I avoid splitting .m2ts files?
It's easy :
In the box "MT2S split at" replace 3999 by big value like 999999.
The M2TS created during compilation will are not splitted.
drelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 13:29   #3005  |  Link
phate89

i've a question for you dean...how your program split the files in mts files? because for the videos with standard solution i use your program to create an avchd to see the movies with my ps3...but with the non standard solution avchd doesn't work..so i try to use tsmuxer to convert it in mts/m2ts..but usually it unsync the audio...but yesterday i try to create the avchd with your program and play the mts files in stream folder...the audio is perfect! how can i obtain the same result without create everytime anavchd?
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 13:57   #3006  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It uses tsMuxeR.
Old 29th May 2009, 00:12   #3007  |  Link
matrix

Hey deank, I don't mean to bother you, and I don't know if this is the right time, but I meant to ask you something for a wile.
Is it possible to make it remember the last played title?
You know, when going back to the menu after watching several titles, instead of going back to the one you started watching, to go to the last one you played.
I think it would be the correct way. Well, I would like it that way.

Anyway, this is becoming better and better, and I wanna thank you for this great software, your efforts, and the way you help everyone right away.

Regards.
Old 29th May 2009, 00:30   #3008  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, this will be the way playback order will be set for XMB/SLI/CAR menus in the next version. At least I'll try.

*** edit: I just tested it and it works, so it will be available soon.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 29th May 2009 at 00:54.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 01:03   #3009  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
It uses tsMuxeR.
but with what settings?
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 13:31   #3010  |  Link
kenguru2005
FinalCut´ter

mmmh ... ffmpeg does not do an "redundant job" anymore, when eac3to fails to converts dts. MultiAVCHD just takes the dts file even when "use ffmpeg when needed" is checked. Who else does consider this. Perhaps it is my system setting.

CORRECTION: my fault ... used m2ts for that ... that does not work

Last edited by kenguru2005; 29th May 2009 at 18:59.
kenguru2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 13:34   #3011  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It is fixed in the upcoming release.

*** edit: DTS conversion works for MKV files only (at the moment).

Last edited by deank; 29th May 2009 at 19:01.
Old 29th May 2009, 16:23   #3012  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You can now download Version 3.0.

It requires full-download, because of updated tools folder.

multiAVCHD is completely rewritten. It is possible that there are some minor problems, but after your bug reports I'll try to fix them.

Special thanks to:

strad, drpaulng and kenguru2005 for the time they took to test multiAVCHD and suggest new features + share ideas.

Dean
Old 29th May 2009, 17:07   #3013  |  Link
drelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelin View Post
Hello,

I've just tested the "slide menu" compilation and it's a good option for create a AVCHD with only one title (but with acces to chapters).
Just a remark and a request : Can you provided in next build the option "no reflections...." for the title thumbnail like as the option avialable for carroussel menu.
With custom background the reflection is not always a good rendering.

Thank.
I just start test (mores test this week end) and I rlaunch this request for cosmetic with slide menu.
if you will see this point when you can.

The editor is great with now selection and import of external files.
Thank for the new release.
drelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 17:12   #3014  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Version 3.0 Build 615:

NB!: Extract version 3.0 into a clean (empty) folder. Core CalcIt library is changed + 2 tsMuxeR versions are used. Never update any of the tools in 'tools' folder.

* Fixed tons of bugs
* Input content is processed on loading (not during the compilation)
* All auto-loaded external audio/subtitle/chapter/poster files are available in Title properties
* Media tab shows info for the selected item (Name, duration, size)
* You can now load/save projects:

You can assosiate .mpf files with multiAVCHD.exe for quick access to your saved/created compilations.

Project files are essential part of the new version. There are two variations:

1) The one you can Save + the one that multiAVCHD saves in its own folder: it contains information about all files which you loaded in multiAVCHD. This type allows you to continue preparation of your compilation at any time.

2) multiAVCHD.mpf saved in the output folder. This type replaces multiMENU/multiCHAP/etc. and is used for importing existing compilations.

Never edit .mpf files generated by multiAVCHD.

Title properties:

* You can now add/remove/auto-generate chapter marks
* Preview (with directshow) can be used for precise possitioning
* Video playback if you click the preview-thumbnail
* You can now use poster images
* Menu preview for XMB/Slide/Carousel menus will show poster images for titles 1-4
* You can now individually trim titles with "trim start/trim end"
* [x] Show this title first option - if checked - selected title menu page will be displayed first in XMB/CAR/SLI menus. It doesn't affect title order.
* Action after play option allows you to choose individual playback sequence for each title
* External Audio/Subtitle/Chapter files tabs allow you to add or remove external files, to edit language IDs and create auto-chapter marks

* Import of Blu-ray and AVCHD playlists is improved:

multiAVCHD will use the original chapters from imported Blu-ray discs or AVCHD compilations (from camcoders or multiAVCHD)

Join mode (m2ts join/split) now works and allows splitting/merging of playlist contents.

If you use M2TS split size but an imported playlist-playitem exceeds that size, playlist will be parsed in JOIN/SPLIT mode, so the output will be compatible with the required split point (for FAT32 for example)

This option makes one click Blu-ray discs import possible.

* If returning from a title (after playback finishes or a menu-call) - last played title will be displayed in XMB/CAR/SLI menus and correct menu page will be displayed for Classic and Thumbnail menu (the one that contains the last played title)

* Log tab shows different and more useful information during loading files/folders/DVDs/Blu-rays/AVCHD compilations.

I can't remember all things that I've changed and added for the last week, so if you have problems and questions - let me know.

If you decide to report a bug - be specific of all things you've done and the files you've used. Don't post with "Why *** doesn't work?" questions - I'll ignore such posts.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 29th May 2009 at 21:16.
Old 29th May 2009, 20:06   #3015  |  Link
malimarek

Hi, that’s me again, an user who could not get poster into menu for hours. New version is nice and generally I am getting along with it. The issue I have though is:
- I get poster from http://www.impawards.com (maximum resolution)
- I get it into MultiAVCHD

so far is very cool
but then the poster in menu is stretched vertically, I would prefer not scale it in PS or something. Is it possible to have unstretched?
Sorry for asking – it is probably somewhere explained in the thread. But since you answering how not to split the m2ts file so I am taking my chance too. Great work otherwise. Regards. marek
malimarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 20:13   #3016  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by malimarek View Post
Hi, that’s me again, an user who could not get poster into menu for hours. New version is nice and generally I am getting along with it. The issue I have though is:
- I get poster from http://www.impawards.com (maximum resolution)
- I get it into MultiAVCHD

so far is very cool
but then the poster in menu is stretched vertically, I would prefer not scale it in PS or something. Is it possible to have unstretched?
Sorry for asking – it is probably somewhere explained in the thread. But since you answering how not to split the m2ts file so I am taking my chance too. Great work otherwise. Regards. marek
I noticed this too. Happy to create something in Photoshop if need be but would need to know what the ideal resolution is for the poster images.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 20:25   #3017  |  Link
malimarek

First I thought to have canvas vertical with aspect ratio of the menu box, as MultiAVCHD is scaling picture to fit the menu box, and then paste the poster in the middle of that canvas. Poster would be small though and it would be waste of good visible space. The simplest solution IMO would be to create Thumbnail menu #2 with vertical box. That would suit me at least.
malimarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 21:24   #3018  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I already explained about the poster few times.

Use 16:9 aspect. Best poster images would be 1920x1080 or 1280x720. Only 16:9 - that's it - in any resolution. You can use 384x216 if you wish.

You'll have to CROP your original posters or prepare one in 16:9 to have it in native AR. Everything in multiAVCHD is in 16:9 and I won't change it.

*** You can get an idea how your poster will look like if you use MENU PREVIEW - that's a new feature in 3.0 (works for JPEG poster files only).

*** I think that tomorrow I'll try to merge MEDIA tab and EDITOR tab. I find it hard to use both and it will speed-up/ease title manipulation.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 29th May 2009 at 21:27.
Old 29th May 2009, 21:28   #3019  |  Link
rendez2k

Thanks deank - I think this thread is getting a little big to search through all the relevant posts to a question! You should have your own sub forum! v3 really is superb as always. One small suggestion so far is that a next button could be added to the editor screen so you can skip to the next tile to edit.

Also, where is the watch, learn, play and enjoy text being generated from? I don't see an option to change it unless I'm being blind as usual!
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 21:33   #3020  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
Thanks Dean...

[cut]...a next button could be added to the editor screen so you can skip to the next tile to edit.

Also, where is the watch, learn, play and enjoy text being generated from? I don't see an option to change it unless I'm being blind as usual!
Yes I'm adding << >> buttons but once I merge media and editor it will be easier.

You're not blind I guess, but the "watch... enjoy" text is in XSC tab - "Smart line:".

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author