Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 27th February 2003, 05:21   #1  |  Link
j5

MP4 transcode and live capture: Mp4Studio 2.4.x

Hi everyone , I am Jerry Liu, VP of technology at TBX Tech. Co.,Ltd. (Beijing).
TBX believes the MP4 File format will become widely accepted while MPEG4 is widely adopted in set-top-box, on-demand streaming, 3GPP video. In response to this need TBX release mp4studio professinal editon 2.4.2 (http://www.tbx.com.cn/d.jsp)

1. What is mp4studio?
Mp4studio is a WIN32 GUI tool to transcode and live-capture mp4, which run on microsoft windows 2000/xp.

2. Features
* AVI,ASF/WMV/MPEG1/MPEG2/MPEG4 file transcode (to mp4)
* Directshow architecture
* Direct DVD transcoding, subtitile select, audio select
* AVI+Vobsub transcodeing
* Direct VCD/SVCD transcoding
* Divx/MP3/AAC codec interface
* Live capture , video/audio sync
* Vob subtitle, Audio select
* Multiple VOB select (auto DVD information discovery)
*mp4 full compatible with Quicktime 6(http://www.quicktime.com/),
Mpeg4ip(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpeg4ip) wmp4player players, Realone Player(http://www.real.com/realone/).
* Video file (AVI,ASF/WMV/MPEG1/MPEG2/MPEG4) play

3. Download and Installation

Mp4studio prerequisite:

Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
Directx 8.1+
Sound card
Divx Codec 4.12/5.02/5.03 (http://www.divx.com&/#65289;

Registered user (free registrition, or use test:test ) can download mp4studio via: http://www.tbx.com.cn/d.jsp

Evalution edition is full functional, except all media (mp4) will have
an tbx logo marked. Commercial edtion will remove this. If you are interested in commercial usage of mp4studio. Please contact sales@tbx.com.cn
or visit http://www.tbx.com.cn/d.jsp

If you use live capture function, must have any WDM streaming devices (USB camera or bt8x8 based capture card ) installed on you system. VGA (640x480) live mp4 capture need Intel P4 2.0+ CPU or equivlent.

4. Contact
We also provide simple chinese edition. pls contact sales@tbx.com.cn
any bugs and question pls contact
jerry@tbx.com.cn
Old 27th February 2003, 14:44   #2  |  Link
ChristianHJW
Matroska Team

EDIT : sorry, you say transcode, not transmux ? So you are reencoding the video into a MPEG4 ISO video stream ? Does your company pay license fees to MPEG-LA ?

Old post ( maybe obsolete now ) :

What a nasty hackery to allow AVI transcoding into MP4 container. Only 0.5% of the codecs that can be used in AVI are allowed to be muxed into MP4 container without breaking the specs completely.
Also i bet every sum that you are not reordering the frame order of MPEG4 streams with b-frames to the correct frame order for muxing into MP4. Your files are completely outside MP4 specs, if you dont do that, as there are no such things as dummy frames allowed in MP4 specs.

And, although you are offering a free 'evaluation' version of your software you are definitely violating the forum rules by advertising your closed source products here IMHO ... but its the moderators who have to take appropriate action i guess.

Last edited by ChristianHJW; 27th February 2003 at 14:49.
ChristianHJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2003, 18:36   #3  |  Link
deXtoRious

You aren't being very kind to a person who just recommends a (maybe) good program. If this program sucks, the thread will just sink down. On the other hand if it doesn't, why not try it?
deXtoRious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2003, 03:36   #4  |  Link
Neo Neko

1. It is just this one post. He is not spammin multiple threads. That is ok by me.

2. This is new software or news to me. And it does deal with new upcomming formats. So I suppose it is ok by me.

3. Software does not have to be free or opensource to be allowed IIRC. Although I myself preffer it to be.

If we keep it to this thread we should be fine. But in the future it would be better for such announcements to be made to modderators or submitted to be added as front page news items. We don't want the forums to become overrun with ads.

Having said that I have just completed the painfull process of downloading. My God that was slow! 1+kbps I guess broadband has spoilt me. And is the page supposed to look that way? It is all blocked and offset weird.
The GIMP - Free raster graphics and photo editing software.
Planeshift - Free 3D MMORPG. Cause everyone needs some fun.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2003, 04:04   #5  |  Link
Neo Neko

The software was a complete no-go for me. Nada nothing. I have XP SP1 with DX8 of course and Divx 5.03.

I tried simple direct stream copy and re-encapsulation. The program crashed.

I tried re-encoding a file inside the program while saving it. The first time it crashed. After a reboot I was able to get it to go after dismissing a popup window about not being able to connect to a logo filter? But the program was only teasing me as the CPU usage sat at about 1% and the progress never left 0.

I tried live capture and the program crashed.

I even tried using the filters manually via graphedit. Graphedit crashed.

Not a shining performance. Still some spit and polish to be put on the product.
Old 1st March 2003, 05:38   #6  |  Link
j5

Neo, Thanks for you kind advice. Direct video stream copy is only for any MPEG4 Video(DivX 411+),direct audio copy only for MP3 and AAC(ADTS header). Others must be reencode. DivX311 video do not conform to mpeg4 video standard. Mp4Studio default codec setting(AAC LC) are all ok for mpeg4ip player, quicktime 6 player and realone player.

Some of directshow filter can not link to others, we know that problem, we try to fix this. And some of them can are with chinese GUI, we will fix then.

Live capture tools first check any wdm-streaming device availablity, you'd better have one installed(we just test many USB camera) before you setting up codec(inside capture menu) and going on.

Regard,

Jerry
Old 1st March 2003, 06:55   #7  |  Link
Neo Neko

Quote:
Originally posted by j5
Neo, Thanks for you kind advice. Direct video stream copy is only for any MPEG4 Video(DivX 411+),direct audio copy only for MP3 and AAC(ADTS header).
I am using Divx 5.03 and CBR MP3 in the test clip. It crashes on direct stream copy and re-encode. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Quote:
Originally posted by j5
Some of directshow filter can not link to others, we know that problem, we try to fix this. And some of them can are with chinese GUI, we will fix then.
Come on over and say nihao when it is ready. We will give it a run through it's paces.

Quote:
Originally posted by j5
Live capture tools first check any wdm-streaming device availablity, you'd better have one installed(we just test many USB camera) before you setting up codec(inside capture menu) and going on.
I am using a Hauppage WinTV GO 404 with a BT879 chipset and the "Btwincap" WDM drivers for it if that is any help.
Old 25th October 2003, 22:44   #8  |  Link
bond

huh seems that mp4studio uses divx3.11 as mpeg-4 codec

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2003, 18:15   #9  |  Link
dillee1

Let me try :-)
Nice to see some chinese firms in the mp4 bussiness now.

p.s.

Neko can speak chinese as well? haha
dillee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2003, 10:52   #10  |  Link
ChristianHJW
Matroska Team

Quote:
Originally posted by dillee1 Nice to see some chinese firms in the mp4 bussiness now.
... i wonder if they pay license fees to MPEG-LA for that ??
BTW, the original thread from j5 was from beginning of this year ... i wonder if the software has matured since then ?
ChristianHJW is offline   Reply With Quote