Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 31st August 2005, 19:26   #161  |  Link
agilpwc

Somewhere since version 1.4.0 the following bug has occured.
When I used the CLI and I specifiy the wrong PID, after correctly setting them using the "Detect PID" menu option. The program saves a project with a blank name '.d2v' instead of using whatever I specified on the command line, and it also uses a blank name for the audio files. In version 1.4.0 and earlier it always used the project name specified.
Old 31st August 2005, 22:20   #162  |  Link
Backwoods
ReMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
2. Fixed improper handling of the right arrow button.
Sorry, that was my fault. I was pretty drunk and the button just looked so good and...

Seriously though, you're awesome for putting so much attention into this program. Thank you.

EDIT: Just curious, but from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 the EXE was cut in half meg wise. Pretty large change, how come?

Last edited by Backwoods; 31st August 2005 at 22:23.
Old 31st August 2005, 23:55   #163  |  Link
Rockby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods
EDIT: Just curious, but from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 the EXE was cut in half meg wise. Pretty large change, how come?
The Spash Screen has been removed...
Old 1st September 2005, 00:30   #164  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockby
The Spash Screen has been removed...
The built-in default one was removed. You can still have one if you provide your own BMP file, as described in the DGIndex user manual.
Old 1st September 2005, 00:36   #165  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by agilpwc
Somewhere since version 1.4.0 the following bug has occurred. When I used the CLI and I specifiy the wrong PID, after correctly setting them using the "Detect PID" menu option. The program saves a project with a blank name '.d2v' instead of using whatever I specified on the command line, and it also uses a blank name for the audio files. In version 1.4.0 and earlier it always used the project name specified.
Please provide the exact series of steps I need to perform to duplicate this. Thank you.
Old 1st September 2005, 12:43   #166  |  Link
rig_veda

Did anybody notice a difference in speed going from version 1.4.0 to 1.4.3? I'm not sure why, but the time necessary to save a given project (without audio) went from around 5 minutes to almost four times as much using the same settings. Another weird thing after switching is that i seem to not get any image preview in vdub 1.6.10 while manually scrolling the time line, while I do in vdubmod 1.5.10. weird.. looking into this
Old 1st September 2005, 13:08   #167  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by rig_veda
Did anybody notice a difference in speed going from version 1.4.0 to 1.4.3? I'm not sure why, but the time necessary to save a given project (without audio) went from around 5 minutes to almost four times as much using the same settings.
I don't see any difference. Are you sure all the conditions were the same?

Quote:
Another weird thing after switching is that i seem to not get any image preview in vdub 1.6.10 while manually scrolling the time line, while I do in vdubmod 1.5.10. weird.. looking into this
VirtualDub 1.6.10 works fine for me.
Old 1st September 2005, 13:31   #168  |  Link
rig_veda

I'm quite sure that all settings were the same, but the problem seems to be somewhere else in my setup, I think, since I noticed that I'm not able to get a picture in vdub 1.6.10 at all anymore, unrelated to the dgmpegdec version used. The speed issue also wasn't reproducible. Quite to the contrary: with another sample, the faster version this time was 1.4.3, (again by far, which is weird), so it might have been source dependend. Sorry for the trouble.. I hope i find the error in my system.
Old 2nd September 2005, 10:09   #169  |  Link
fatxy

a little suggestion for the template feature

instead of

video = mpeg2source("__src__")

it would be cooler if its only the src name without extension

why? =>

video = mpeg2source("__src__.d2v")
audio = MPaSource("__src__.mpa")

you dont have to edit the avs for audio

if someone has time to implement it would be great, thanks in advance

fatxy
Old 2nd September 2005, 12:33   #170  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatxy
video = mpeg2source("__src__.d2v")
audio = MPaSource("__src__.mpa")

you dont have to edit the avs for audio
That won't work because the audio file name gets decorated with various audio-specific information.

Also, we already have this issue on the development list stickie. One problem is what to do if there are multiple audio tracks.
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:08   #171  |  Link
fatxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
That won't work because the audio file name gets decorated with various audio-specific information.
hehe your thoughts are to 'complicated'

a little example of what meant and which should be simple to add:
i do often record via dvb some tv stuff -> .pva -> demux with pvastrumento
ill get a mystream.mpv and a mystream.mpa
drag the mpv in dgindex, create a project and avs via template

current template
video = mpeg2source("__src__")
audio = MPaSource("__src__")
AudioDub(video, audio)

this will result in
video = mpeg2source("X:\mystream.d2v")
audio = MPaSource("X:\mystream.d2v")
so i have to edit always the avs again (changing d2v to mpa or sometimes wav)

thats why a src name without fileextension would be useful imo, i guess the ones that use dgindex to demux vobs or similar with ac3 and stuff dont have a audio part in the template anyway
or maybe they decode them to wav and a ___src___ + .wav would be nice too, thats the good part, you can decide the extension yourself

since a likely feature is already sticky on list it shouldnt take so long to expect in further build, should it? :P
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:22   #172  |  Link

DGIndex is written to be consistent with itself, not with third-party applications. If you can't wait for me to get to this feature, please get the source code and do it yourself.
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:23   #173  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by agilpwc
Somewhere since version 1.4.0 the following bug has occured.
When I used the CLI and I specifiy the wrong PID, after correctly setting them using the "Detect PID" menu option. The program saves a project with a blank name '.d2v' instead of using whatever I specified on the command line, and it also uses a blank name for the audio files. In version 1.4.0 and earlier it always used the project name specified.
OK, I've duplicated this. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it in the next beta.
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:28   #174  |  Link

Since version 1.4.3 has gone final, this development thread is now closed. Please open new threads for problems or issues. A version 1.5.0 development thread will be created for the next version.
Closed Thread