Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Old 22nd March 2002, 17:28   #1  |  Link
ToMaSh

capturing video in winxp+asus v7700 delux

I've upgraded my os to winxp and after that I couldn't caputre video anymore. I've done some reading and d\l'ing the latest drivers (nvidia's wdm 1.08 and technograb's hacked asus driver) and after installing them i was told it would work fine but it didn't, in fact it didn't work at all, as before. after a while i tried it again (capturing video) in vdub and it worked I tried a different prog. and it didn't work I returend to vdub and it didn't work again whats happened? should I reinstall the drivers in a specific order?
ToMaSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2002, 17:52   #2  |  Link
da franksta

what about asus live, what you were supposed to use in the first place?
Old 22nd March 2002, 18:08   #3  |  Link
ToMaSh

I tried to install asuslive for windows2000 and it didn't work.
when i try to run asus digitalvcr norton antivirus warns me about a malicious script is that a known problem?
ToMaSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2002, 02:22   #4  |  Link
kopelen

I have the V7700 Deluxe and Windows 2000.

I am having the similar problems to what you are experiencing, ToMash. When using Virtual Dub for the first time, it works and captures correctly ( max. res 720x480 ). When using Asus Live program, closing it, then opening Virtual Dub again and it doesn't work - I don't get signal and Virtual Dub freezes.

I have tried the Asus capture drivers version 1.1 on the cd, but the max. res is only 704x480. I found so called Asus capture drivers version 1.8 beta. They can be found here. Simply click on the link : asdvcr21.zip ( it's faint, but the link works ).

The wierd thing is when installing the beta drivers, I don't see Asus capture drivers in Virtual Dub, but the Microsoft WDM Image Capture drivers.

But it works and I'm satisfied - so far.