Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2008, 01:21   #281  |  Link
Geremia

it's used only in fw verification during fw upgrading
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:25   #282  |  Link
Zotty

Got me confused there. The AES tables are only used for fw purposes? They have nothing to do with AACS?
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:18   #283  |  Link
Geremia

When i did the most reversing, seemed so.
The opinion was that there is a separated "crypto engine" outside the FR30 cpu.
fw area 208000-20BFFF is also strange, it's not FR30 code, just a couple of xref to top this area, but this area is part of the standard fw upgrade, probably it's some code for this "crypto engine".

For example at 0x40074 (internal ram) you can find AACS_LA X.
How it's used? it's copied to somewhere near 0x900000 along with some other parameters (i traced a few), then waits with some nops, then reads the "result" somewhere still near at 0x900000.

0x900000 area is used the same way in various function, put data and parameters there, read back result.
Old 11th July 2008, 18:20   #284  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Has anyone been able to patch the firmware in this way of a blue ray drive yet?

Geremia: Could you explain to me where you started tracing and how you found this spot in ida?

edit: nevermind. i found the command handler

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 12th July 2008 at 10:51.

Old 22nd October 2008, 23:20   #285  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

how do you use this program? it will not start for me? thanks
Old 23rd October 2008, 01:57   #286  |  Link
Oopho2ei

I don't know what program you mean and you sound a bit like a windows user (telling from the other postings you made lately) so you better take a look at SlySoft's AnyDVD HD. Getting decryption to work using open source tools like aacskeys only currently involves patching the drive firmware which is risky if you have no idea what you are doing.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 23rd October 2008 at 02:05.

Old 21st November 2008, 23:52   #287  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Did anybody get fetchvid to work on an up-to-date software player?
I currently have the latest version of PowerDVD8 and ArcSoft TMT installed - the former needs a special hack to play HD DVD which I currently haven't set up, and with TMT I get nothing. My drive is an LG GGW-H20L so of course there's the patched firmware and my Xbox360 HD DVD drive also divulges HD DVD keys - but there's at least one HD DVD capable drive for which there's no way but the hard way to get keys - the new LG USB drive (no idea why they dropped HD DVD on the other two models but not the external one but that's another matter) - and I've had my eye on that for when LG stops the current generation of dual format drives is being retired.
Old 25th November 2008, 02:00   #288  |  Link
ala42

/offtopic
For the current LG BD writer to have HD read (internal: GGW-H20N/L, external BE06 LU10) or not to have HD read (internal: GBW-H20N/L, external BE06 LU11) is just a matter of the installed firmware. There is strong evidence that these drives are identical, at least the firmware can not distinguish the drives .
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:56   #289  |  Link
KenD00

Recently i upgraded the firmware of my GGW-H20L to the latest unpatched version and ran some tests with TMT. I wasn't able to get anything with FetchVID but something with DumpVID. For Blu-Ray the available DumpVID BD version worked quite well, but for HD-DVD's i almost everytime got nothing. However, modifying DumpVID to use only one AGID instead of all 4 yielded into successful VID retrieval.

After checking the source of FetchVID again i think the problem is that it does try to read the VID only once, this makes timing even more crucial than with DumpVID.

Old 2nd December 2008, 14:35   #290  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Any chance of that modified dumpvid being released?
Old 4th December 2008, 01:35   #291  |  Link
KenD00

Uhm, no. I've taken the opportunity to make some more improvements, check out the DumpHD thread for a new DumpVID release .

Old 15th May 2015, 14:20   #292  |  Link
Kdmeizk

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124294&page=13

Dead links. Can you update this please ?
Old 27th May 2015, 08:29   #293  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdmeizk View Post
Dead links. Can you update this please ?
Update with what? You notice the dates on these posts? You're looking at projects that died, developers who lost interest, 7 to 8 years ago. What are you looking for? There may be more up-to-date tools available. Anything this old is almost certainly obsolete and useless.
Old 27th May 2015, 15:19   #294  |  Link
Kdmeizk

The only ways FREE to decrypt blu-ray seems stay here. And, you think it's obsolete ? I'm not sure but the way to decrypt blu-ray seems to be the same than few years ago.
An easy way for an easy and light software (90Ko), I don't need more.

I ask only an update of links, not a software update.
Old 27th May 2015, 18:37   #295  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdmeizk View Post
The only ways FREE to decrypt blu-ray seems stay here. And, you think it's obsolete ? I'm not sure but the way to decrypt blu-ray seems to be the same than few years ago.
An easy way for an easy and light software (90Ko), I don't need more.

I ask only an update of links, not a software update.
You're missing the point entirely. You want links to stuff that probably no longer exists anywhere on this planet - not even on the hard drive of the original authors.

What would have been more productive than necroing an ancient thread would be to start a new thread asking what free tools are being used today. If you'd done that, you'd be directed to the likes of "Blu-ray Disc Ripper", MakeMKV, and "AACSKeys-0.4.0e" if you can find it. See that 'e' at the end? Earlier versions won't work.

There is a thread for AACSKEYS right here on Doom9, but don't bother. Those links are dead too, because those versions of AACSKEYS don't work any more, which is also true of most of the stuff you're looking for.

MakeMKV is so easy it's ridiculous. Most folks here plop down the bucks for AnyDVD HD because it's so versatile and simple to use, and it's constantly updated.

One request - don't post in this thread any more - let it rest in peace, because unless you have a special arrangement with the Almighty, there will be no updated links. Start a new thread.
Old 28th May 2015, 01:20   #296  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaust View Post
Update with what? You notice the dates on these posts? You're looking at projects that died, developers who lost interest, 7 to 8 years ago. What are you looking for? There may be more up-to-date tools available. Anything this old is almost certainly obsolete and useless.
Well, I did update the links in the AACSKeys thread anyway; at least they point to version e and the latest keydb now.

This thread has served its purpose and deserves to rest.
Closed Thread