Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 1st June 2007, 16:32   #1381  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
@Haruhiko:
I gave your TS file with the aspect ratio change in it a try, but I really doubt it's my AviSynth filter that causes this, as the aspect ratio doesn't change with it disabled either.

It does, however, change as soon as you check "Video Frame/Keep Aspect Ratio" in MPC, so maybe this has something to do with how MPC uses Haali's renderer?
"Video Frame/Keep Aspect Ratio" is checked. It's the default behavior of MPC.
The AR changes without AviSynth filter or with old AviSynth filter.
With your AviSynth filter on, the AR changes once but the next moment the AR goes back to the former AR.
I hope this information help you to reproduce.

(The sample we are talking about is "test.ts" that has been discussed here. The AR changes during playback.)
Old 1st June 2007, 16:54   #1382  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
"Video Frame/Keep Aspect Ratio" is checked. It's the default behavior of MPC.
The AR changes without AviSynth filter or with old AviSynth filter.
With your AviSynth filter on, the AR changes once but the next moment the AR goes back to the former AR.
I hope this information help you to reproduce.

(The sample we are talking about is "test.ts" that has been discussed here. The AR changes during playback.)
Sorry, but I still can't reproduce this.

Using Casimir666's latest MPC release (with "Keep Aspect Ratio " and "Touch Window From Inside" checked), clsid's rev. 1220 ffdshow build (with only "Subtitles" and "AviSynth" checked), Haali's latest renderer and AviSynth 2.5.7 (+ tsp's updated multithreading-supporting avisynth.dll) it simply works here with the following script:

Code:
Subtitle(String(ffdshow_dar_x) + ":" + String(ffdshow_dar_y))
It starts out as 4:3, then switches to 16:9, which is also subtitled into the upper left corner of the picture - just as it should be.

By the way - setting the "Overlay aspect ratio" to anything but "Default" makes the image crap out with Haali's renderer just like my DVD did when opening the file, while adjusting it while the file is playing will suddenly fix this...

np: Anders Ilar - Ludwijka 6 (Ludwijka Extended Visit)
Old 1st June 2007, 17:11   #1383  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Sorry, but I still can't reproduce this.

Using Casimir666's latest MPC release (with "Keep Aspect Ratio " and "Touch Window From Inside" checked), clsid's rev. 1220 ffdshow build (with only "Subtitles" and "AviSynth" checked), Haali's latest renderer and AviSynth 2.5.7 (+ tsp's updated multithreading-supporting avisynth.dll) it simply works here with the following script:

Code:
Subtitle(String(ffdshow_dar_x) + ":" + String(ffdshow_dar_y))
It starts out as 4:3, then switches to 16:9, which is also subtitled into the upper left corner of the picture - just as it should be.
Your script says 16:9, but the screen remain 4:3. I use MPC's internal source filter/splitter, if it helps.
Old 1st June 2007, 17:26   #1384  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
Your script says 16:9, but the screen remain 4:3. I use MPC's internal source filter/splitter, if it helps.
I'm afraid it works the same with both Haali's splitter and MPC's internal one.

My filter always sets a new DAR on the TffPict it returns at the end of process() (which it obviously got right as can be seen by the subtitle), so I honestly can't think of what else I could do to make it work correctly on your machine... :/

np: The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build A Home (Ma Fleur)

Last edited by Leak; 1st June 2007 at 17:31.
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 18:55   #1385  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

i get a weird half-screen when i enable osd within haali render

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
cc979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 20:21   #1386  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

________ Software ________

Media Player Classic
Avisynth
FFDshow
MT
Removegrain 0.9
Removegrain 1.0
MT_Masktools
Masktools
Colormatrix
Fluxsmooth
Seesaw

Media player classic

Nvidia codec

FFDshow Audio Decoder

FFDshow

Result

________ SeeSaw Avisynth ________

Codecs: All supported
Avisynth: YV12 checked, Add FFdshow Video source checked

SetMemoryMax(1024)
FluxSmoothT(3)
ColorMatrix(Mode="Rec.601->Rec.709",scaling=2,threads=2)
MT("SeeSaw(NRlimit=0, NRlimit2=5, Sstr=2.40, Szp=1, Slimit=50, Sdamplo=16, Spower=1, sootheT=95, SdampHi=39)",3)
lanczosresize(1280, 800)

Queue & Output: Queue output samples checked
Output: YV12 checked

________ FFdshow Audio Decoder ________
- Check OSD,and Check Jitter.
- Close FFdshow Audio Decoder, and play a movie.
- While the movie is playing. You'll the the word "Jitter" in the top left of the screen.
Beside the word Jitter is a number. Write this number down, or remember what it was.
- Open the FFdshow Audio decoder again.
Check the Delay Tab. Set each box to the number you wrote down in the previous step.

Leak. To reproduce the error I'm getting.
Please use the plugins I've included, and the software I've linked too.
Use the settings in the pictures.
I see you've got other colorspaces checked in the Avisynth tab, and are using blackmanresize.
Please copy the settings I've posted.

It's not giving me the same results as your getting.

Edit. I'm using vista premium.
Old 1st June 2007, 21:58   #1387  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Duncan View Post
Edit. I'm using vista premium.
Well, let's see... I don't have the nVidia decoder and I don't have Vista, nor do I want to have or "acquire" any of them.

But even when I try to replicate your settings as closely as possible (using Gabest's standalone MPEG2 decoder instead of the nVidia one, and Windows XP Professional), I don't get that behaviour. It should especially not say "requested none" there, as that would mean that no frame was requested from AviSynth by my filter, which should only be possible if your script doesn't do use the input video at all, like if you use "Version()" as your script.

There's several things you can try:

* Use as few filters as possible that don't come with ffdshow, i.e. use it's own MPEG2 decoder (preferable libmpeg2) instead of nVidia's

* Select a definite renderer in MPC instead of "System default", or at least tell me which one is listed in the "Filters" submenu of MPC's context menu

* Try a simpler script, i.e. either comment out everything in it and add stuff back line by line, or just use "Info()" as a script for a start

* Start your AviSynth script with "#debug" as the first line, run DebugView, then re-open MPC and play your DVD for a bit, use "Save as..." in DebugView to save it's log and mail it to me (leak (at) gmx (dot) at)

* Start your DVD, then run Graphedit (which is a tiny part of Microsoft's huge Platform SDK), select "Connect to remote graph..." in the file menu, choose the hopefully only graph in the list and post a screenshot of the result.

Sorry, but that's the only advice that I can give you...

np: Slicker - Knock Me Down Girl (Telefon Tel Aviv Remix) (Telefon Tel Aviv Remixes Compiled)
Old 1st June 2007, 23:45   #1388  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
I'm afraid it works the same with both Haali's splitter and MPC's internal one.

My filter always sets a new DAR on the TffPict it returns at the end of process() (which it obviously got right as can be seen by the subtitle), so I honestly can't think of what else I could do to make it work correctly on your machine... :/
OK, then I'll try on it.
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:42   #1389  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

* Use as few filters as possible that don't come with ffdshow, i.e. use it's own MPEG2 decoder (preferable libmpeg2) instead of nVidia's

I used a few filters.
I tested casimirs Media Player Classic, and used the last one gabest made.
With casimirs I used vrm9 renderless and vista evr.
I used dscaler video codec and ffdshow audio codec on casimirs mpc, and the mpc video codec and the ffdshow audio codec on gabest's mpc.
I tested Zoomplayer pro with the ffdshow audio decoder, vmr9 windowless, and the dscaler video codec.

* Select a definite renderer in MPC instead of "System default", or at least tell me which one is listed in the "Filters" submenu of MPC's context menu
I tested vmr9 renderless, vmr9 windowless, and vista evr.

* Try a simpler script, i.e. either comment out everything in it and add stuff back line by line, or just use "Info()" as a script for a start

* Start your AviSynth script with "#debug" as the first line, run DebugView, then re-open MPC and play your DVD for a bit, use "Save as..." in DebugView to save it's log and mail it to me (leak (at) gmx (dot) at)
I'll post the files below.

* Start your DVD, then run Graphedit (which is a tiny part of Microsoft's huge Platform SDK), select "Connect to remote graph..." in the file menu, choose the hopefully only graph in the list and post a screenshot of the result.
It showed no graph on the list for both mpc versions and zoom player pro.

Here's a solution, but I don't know how to do it.

I am unable to connect to remote graph from my application after installing vista sdk. Everything was working fine till i installed vista sdk. after installing vista sdk, when i click on connect to remote graph i get the message box diaplaying the pid and IFiltergraph id. but when i hit OK, nothing happens. I registered the proppage.dll file also. but still its not working. can any one please help me. Thanks.

In Vista, the proxy/stub code used by the "remote graph" feature was moved from quartz.dll to proppage.dll. That means, on Vista you need to register the Vista SDK version of proppage.dll. But on a pre-Vista OS, do not register that version of proppage.dll, because then you'll get the wrong proxy/stub version.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...44377&SiteID=1

Here's those debug logs
http://files.filefront.com//;7669173;;/
Old 2nd June 2007, 02:34   #1390  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Here's the vista version of proppage.dll, but I don't know how to register it with Regsvr32.
May I ask for some help. Please.

http://files.filefront.com//;7669395;;/
Old 2nd June 2007, 07:55   #1391  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
These three pictures used Casimir666's Media Player Classic, and Vista evr.
They all used the seesaw setting I posted.

1, used the basic video decoder included with MPC.

2, used the DScaler video codec.

3, used the Nvidia video codec

To use graphedit, I had to run this: I opened accessories, then ran command prompt as admin. I then put the .dll into system32 and ran this in the open cmd prompt:
Code:
regsvr32.exe %systemroot%\System32\proppage.dll
I tried running graphedit with Zoomplayer, and it didn't work.
Old 2nd June 2007, 09:30   #1392  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Duncan View Post
Here's the vista version of proppage.dll, but I don't know how to register it with Regsvr32.
May I ask for some help. Please.

http://files.filefront.com//;7669395;;/
Well, as far as I can see from those logs the filter is working as it should, it's just that the info in the OSD is bogus...

It would have been nice if you had started DebugView before even opening your player app to see what happens when the filter connects, but those files at least show that only the OSD seems to be whack... but unless I find a way to reproduce this I'm not sure what to do against it...

np: Mouse On Mars - Blood Comes (Radical Connector)
Old 2nd June 2007, 11:40   #1393  |  Link
DeepBeepMeep

Quote:
Thank you very much. Currently RFF is not implemented in ffdshow, but that's our job to do.

Good to read that Haali and the ffdshow team have progressed on this issue ! As long as the IVTC flags are given by the the splitter and the timestamps are properly set, there isn't any need to implement RFF (that is to repeat fields in the output). This flag is only useful to display progressive content on an interlaced display (by turning a 24fps progressive movie into a 30 fps interlaced movies). The only thing that may be required is to further adjust the timestamps if RFF is detected.
DeepBeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:14   #1394  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBeepMeep View Post
This flag is only useful to display progressive content on an interlaced display (by turning a 24fps progressive movie into a 30 fps interlaced movies).
Not neccessarily - my AviSynth filter will produce 30FPS interlaced out of 24FPS progressive (or "not quite progressive", as some DVDs that I own demonstrate) into 30FPS interlaced using only the TFF/BFF flag if you select "Apply pulldown", by evaluating the TFF/BFF transitions from frame to frame. That way you can salvage those wrongly flagged DVDs by running TIVTC or Decomb on them...

Of course, that's probably a bit too CPU-intensive for HD material...

np: Mouse On Mars - Funky Tiste (Glam)
Old 2nd June 2007, 19:34   #1395  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
It would have been nice if you had started DebugView before even opening your player app to see what happens when the filter connects
Here you go.
Link

Edit this one only use fluxsmoothet(3) in the avisynth text box. I didn't use #debug

Last edited by Jeremy Duncan; 2nd June 2007 at 20:00.
Jeremy Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 20:02   #1396  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Here's another log. I "started DebugView before even opening your player app to see what happens when the filter connects".

This is the avisynth code I used in the avisynth text box.

Code:
#debug
SetMemoryMax(1024)
FluxSmoothT(3)
ColorMatrix(Mode="Rec.601->Rec.709",scaling=2,threads=2)
MT("SeeSaw(NRlimit=0, NRlimit2=5, Sstr=2.40, Szp=1, Slimit=50, Sdamplo=16, Spower=1, sootheT=95, SdampHi=39)",3)
lanczosresize(1280, 800)
Here's a link to the log.
Link
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:34   #1397  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Parallelized h264 decoder:
http://rapidshare.com/files/34883716...2_xxl.exe.html

Patch from:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/

Only for testing!!!Maybe broken.

Last edited by _xxl; 7th June 2007 at 11:11.
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:58   #1398  |  Link
amt

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil_xxl View Post
Patch from:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/
Tested with a couple of files and it crashes mpc with almost every x264 encoded video and corrupts part of the picture from h264 broadcast captures.
amt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:14   #1399  |  Link
Px
>>^^__^^<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil_xxl View Post
Some second core usage on 10 Mbps video, crash on most of my test h264 video
Px is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 04:09   #1400  |  Link
jidelite

Quote:
Well, let's see... I don't have the nVidia decoder and I don't have Vista, nor do I want to have or "acquire" any of them.

But even when I try to replicate your settings as closely as possible (using Gabest's standalone MPEG2 decoder instead of the nVidia one, and Windows XP Professional), I don't get that behaviour. It should especially not say "requested none" there, as that would mean that no frame was requested from AviSynth by my filter, which should only be possible if your script doesn't do use the input video at all, like if you use "Version()" as your script...
Leak, I basically get the same OSD as
Jeremy Duncan (0 in the back/ahead fields and "requested none" with my SeeSaw script when I usually see back=0 / ahead=1) when I use ffdshow_rev1220_20070529_clsid.exe but everything is good when I use ffdshow_rev1220_20070531_clsid_sse_icl9.exe...

jidelite
jidelite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl