Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 15th September 2008, 16:02   #1241  |  Link
Nullity

Feature Request

dmz01, if you are still around and still developing this application, I would like to request a feature.

It would be very beneficial if you added the ability to open/import more than one file at a time, and then select the desired tracks for output - similar to the way TsMuxer handles this.

TsRemux has a few features that TsMuxer does not have (correct TrueHD handling being a big one), but the ability to only open a single file at a time is a huge hindrance.

This is a great program and I only hope that it continues to improve.
Nullity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 16:17   #1242  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullity View Post
dmz01, if you are still around and still developing this application, I would like to request a feature.

It would be very beneficial if you added the ability to open/import more than one file at a time, and then select the desired tracks for output - similar to the way TsMuxer handles this.

TsRemux has a few features that TsMuxer does not have (correct TrueHD handling being a big one), but the ability to only open a single file at a time is a huge hindrance.

This is a great program and I only hope that it continues to improve.
I second that! Great program, the only one that doesn't bugger up TrueHD audio! Please if possible can it be developed to add files from seperate sources to mux together.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:03   #1243  |  Link
Digi

Anyone help i used TsRemux 0.21.2 on a Blu ray recently with TrueHD audio and stripped everything else out, Now when i tried this i found that every few seconds the {icture speeds up and audio loses sync then everything goes back to normal. Anyone.

Thanks
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:52   #1244  |  Link
ryankenn

Similar Issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOnyx View Post
When I select the main video stream and DTS-HD Master Audio stream from an existing blu-ray m2ts that I want to remux into a new Blu-ray, I think I might be losing the HD audio. If I open the output once complete, tsremux shows that it's a DTS-HD Master Audio stream, but tsmuxergui and my PC's software player just show DTS, not DTS-HD MSTR. Unfortunately I can't bitstream to test on my receiver right now, but am I doing something wrong, is it actually there and this is a labeling issue, or does tsremux not handle this properly right now?

The convert truehd/dtshd to DTS is NOT checked when I remux.

Any help would be appreciated.
Same here. I selected the main movie stream, and the DTS MHD audio track and Muxed to a Blu-Ray output in the software. I burned it to a BD-RE and as a disk in my PC it plays fine with picture/sound in PowerDVD, on my PS3 however, the picture is great, but there is not a DTS MHD audio stream that my PS3 knows about. I bitstream Multichannel audio to my Denon.

I know the audio is there, its just not working on my "standalone" player.
ryankenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 21:20   #1245  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankenn View Post
Same here. I selected the main movie stream, and the DTS MHD audio track and Muxed to a Blu-Ray output in the software. I burned it to a BD-RE and as a disk in my PC it plays fine with picture/sound in PowerDVD, on my PS3 however, the picture is great, but there is not a DTS MHD audio stream that my PS3 knows about. I bitstream Multichannel audio to my Denon.

As far as I am aware TsRemux doesn't like DTS-HD muxing, you'll need to use TsMuxer instead, I've had no problems with any DTS-HD audio using TsMuxer.

Last edited by hdpete; 26th September 2008 at 21:59.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:01   #1246  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankenn View Post

Yeah, me too, bummer. I thought TsRemux was supposed to handle TrueHD, but apparently not. Coversion to PCM using eac3to is the only option to keep uncompressed audio from TrueHD.
Old 27th September 2008, 23:06   #1247  |  Link
peterjcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Yeah, me too, bummer. I thought TsRemux was supposed to handle TrueHD, but apparently not. Coversion to PCM using eac3to is the only option to keep uncompressed audio from TrueHD.
TsRemux does handle TrueHD, though not always -- I've found it to be pretty good with BD TrueHD and less good with HD DVD TrueHD. I'm bitstreaming from a Popcorn Hour A-110 to an Onkyo 605 and an M2TS or TS stripped with TsRemux often plays TrueHD fine. What movies are you guys using?
peterjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 01:39   #1248  |  Link
kretin

I am having a problem backing up Meet the Robinsons and Ratatouille with the audio going out of sync. I am trying to convert the movies to 720p h.264 mkvs. I have read that TSRemux is the right tool to help me with my problem, that once I have muxed all the m2ts files into a single m2ts that if I run that through TSRemux it fixes it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked.

Originally I was using TSMuxeR to create the single m2ts file. Playing the m2ts file everything was in sync, but the converted mkv (using AutoMKV) had audio sync issues, in sync at the beginning, but gradually falling out of sync towards the end.

I then used TSMuxeR to join the m2ts files, then ran the resulting m2ts through TSRemux, twice actually, once to create a new m2ts file (with video and 3 ac3 streams), and then again to create a .ts file which AutoMKV prefers. Again the converted file has the same sync problems.

From what I have read it seems to be the audio that is the problem, that the video is likely fine. Any ideas what I can do to demux, create or convert the 3 AC3 streams correctly?
kretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 02:11   #1249  |  Link
eas4uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretin View Post
I am having a problem backing up Meet the Robinsons and Ratatouille with the audio going out of sync. I am trying to convert the movies to 720p h.264 mkvs. I have read that TSRemux is the right tool to help me with my problem, that once I have muxed all the m2ts files into a single m2ts that if I run that through TSRemux it fixes it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked.

Originally I was using TSMuxeR to create the single m2ts file. Playing the m2ts file everything was in sync, but the converted mkv (using AutoMKV) had audio sync issues, in sync at the beginning, but gradually falling out of sync towards the end.

I then used TSMuxeR to join the m2ts files, then ran the resulting m2ts through TSRemux, twice actually, once to create a new m2ts file (with video and 3 ac3 streams), and then again to create a .ts file which AutoMKV prefers. Again the converted file has the same sync problems.

From what I have read it seems to be the audio that is the problem, that the video is likely fine. Any ideas what I can do to demux, create or convert the 3 AC3 streams correctly?
I think you will find the best way to prevent your "audio drift" is to join all of the m2ts file with eac3to

After the first "pass" eac3to will advise you it has found audio gaps that need correcting, and you should run the process again, exactly the same as before (you will notice extra files relating to the audio gaps)

After the 2nd pass, you should then run through tsremux or tsmuxer to mux to ts and then your good to go...
eas4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 03:31   #1250  |  Link
kretin

Thanks very much, eac3to was the trick.

Rather than starting again I found someone suggesting to demux the m2ts with eac3to twice, utilizing .gaps files which fixed the audio. Then I was able to just remux the converted h.264 and the eac3to ac3 files, yay
kretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 16:41   #1251  |  Link
kaid

For using TsRemux under Linux/MacOS X see this thread.
kaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 12:59   #1252  |  Link
jof

"Presentation Graphics Stream" Subtitles don't work

v.0.0.21.2
When I load my mpeg program stream files recorded from a Nebula DigiTV card & software, the DVB(UK) subtitles are correctly detected as "Presentation Graphics Stream # 32".
So far so good.
After remuxing to TS or M2TS format, neither VLC nor VideoRedoTVS see the subtitles.
Can anyone help with this?
jof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 14:07   #1253  |  Link
odin24

I'm trying to remux a m2ts file with TrueHD, originally muxed with tsMuxeR. I get an error though;

Code:
Unhandled exception has occured in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore and attempt to continue... or Quit.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I thought this was they way to get TrueHD playback?

EDIT: I rebooted my PC and it remuxed fine.

Last edited by odin24; 18th October 2008 at 14:35. Reason: Problem Fixed
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 03:26   #1254  |  Link
Benkh

If anybody has experience on joining 'mts' files and converting it to 'ts' file ?

My Panasonic HDC-SD9 generates 'mts' video files after every 'start/stop' recording. There can be 40-60 'mts' files for one hour records and I wish to merge all of them in a single file to facilitate management. I have tried 'tsMuxeR v.1.8.8b' and 'tsSplitter v.1.0' to join the 'mts' file and convert it to 'ts' format by 'tsRemux v.0.0.21.2'. The output file can be played but it will hang-up at every joint of video clips. However, the video can be continued to next joint after I press 'stop' and 'play' again.

There are some optional settings at 'tsRemux v.0.0.21.2' like the 'Use async I/O' and 'Bypass Audio Alignment' but I do not know its exact function. Is there any new version of 'tsRemux' ? Is there any other freeware that can merge / join 'mts' files and convert it to 'ts' file directly ?
Benkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 02:26   #1255  |  Link
jeffnoone

Split by size e.g. 4GB

Anyway to get TsRemux to write a Bluray structure, but limit the .m2ts file size to 4GB - so several chunks to make up a typical movie)

(tsMuxeR allows the 4GB chunks, but cant do TrueHD as well as TsRemux)

any ideas

Jeff
jeffnoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 00:07   #1256  |  Link
flyingernst

Hi I have the Popcorn Hour B-110. With TSmuxer DTS-HD works realy fine but with TSRemux TrueHD doesnīt the same.
I have one movie without any problems: Cloverfield. I can play every Audio Stream I want and switch any time...I also can make a time seek.
I have real problems iwth "I am lagend" "Hancock" and other TrueHD Movies. Mostly the TrueHD works if I switch to it at the beginning of the movie, but I should not change the audio Stream after that. If I do that, TrueHD is gone. ALso I can not jump to another moment without losing TrueHD.
What is wrong?
- What is the best way to remux a mainmovie m2ts: m2ts?ts? which settings with audio Alignment and asynch I/O?
- Since TSRemux canīt handle BR-Playlists I have to Mux/Join same Blurays (like Cars and Hancock) with TSmuxer bevor handling it in TSRemux. Which is the best way here? Whoch destination file in TSmuxer and which settings in TSRemux while remuxing this TSmuxer-File?!
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY to join multiple m2ts Files, without the lags, that TSmuxer is doing to the TrueHD Streams?!

Thanks, Greetings Michael

Last edited by flyingernst; 5th November 2008 at 00:48.
flyingernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 18:46   #1257  |  Link
rica

Hi,

Created m2ts by TSMuxer (includig thd+ac3 demuxed by eac3to) can no be remuxed as BD by TSRemux while it can be remuxed as m2ts-works on Graph-

i get this error:

Here is the sample thd+ac3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6...d9c5c0b2214fdd

EDIT: This is carried from eac3to thread/and deleted there/ since madshi told it is not related with his thread.
_ _ _ _ __

Last edited by rica; 8th November 2008 at 19:13.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 03:58   #1258  |  Link
swordm512

hi, all,

I convert some ts files to blu-ray folder with TsRemux, on PS3, the video work normally, but no audio,

ts file info:
Video: h264, yuv420p, 720x480 [PAR 8:9 DAR 4:3]
Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s

is there any tips?
Old 20th December 2008, 15:33   #1259  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordm512 View Post
I convert some ts files to blu-ray folder with TsRemux, on PS3, the video work normally, but no audio
is there any tips?
always have to uncheck the bypass audio alignment to get the audio to work
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 16:45   #1260  |  Link
wiak

heres two mirrors
http://x264.nwgat.net/TsRemux/0.21.2/TsRemux.exe
http://x264.nwgat.net/TsRemux/0.21.2...ux.exe?torrent
http://x264.nwgat.net/TsRemux/0.21.2...x0.21.2src.zip
http://x264.nwgat.net/TsRemux/0.21.2...rc.zip?torrent

Last edited by wiak; 27th March 2009 at 16:54.
wiak is offline   Reply With Quote