Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 13th April 2009, 13:29   #1  |  Link
Globerex

Remuxing Neros Mp4 container wiht ac3 to a standard conform container

I'am trying to remux my old non standard mp4 containers made with nero recode.

The files contain a h264AVC video and AC3.5.1 audio stream in a MP4 container which is not standard compliant.

I've demuxed the 2 streams with mp4 box and yamb (latest beta's) and received 2 files:

TestVideo(AC3-5.1)_track1.h264
TestVideo(AC3-5.1)_track2.sac3

I renamed the sac3 to ac3.

When i try to remux these files with yamb i get the following error in the log file:
[14:16:38] : Error importing G:\TestVideo(AC3-5.1)_track2.ac3: BitStream Not Compliant

Does anyone have a hint how i can work around that?
Globerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 09:40   #2  |  Link
Globerex

Anyone?
Old 21st April 2009, 14:35   #3  |  Link
Brazil2

Maybe with the latest MP4Box version:
http://kurtnoise.free.fr/index.php?d...v_20090226.zip
Brazil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 23:36   #4  |  Link
Globerex

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i tried the latest version of yamb and mp4box within my test... did not work
Old 22nd April 2009, 00:39   #5  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Globerex
Well, how about muxing mp4->mp4 in YAMB directly, without demuxing? If that is not works, try to mux mp4->mkv using mmg(mkvtoolnix) and then mkv->mp4 using YAMB.

Update:
Ok I just tried this by myself.
You need to demux streams using YAMB, then mux them into mkv using mkvmerge(which is part of mkvtoolnix). SAC3 stream have some non-AC3 data which will be skipped. After that you can remux mkv to mp4 using YAMB or in the way you want.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 22nd April 2009 at 01:22.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:13   #6  |  Link
Globerex

Thanks for your tests!

I've tried mkvmerge. Mkv should be my new target container so this could be sufficent. The warning about 10 bytes non AC3 Data appeared here also.

Unfortunately, the new mkv File has problems while skipping in VLC and crashes ZoomPlayer without even starting to play the video

But i think the is the right direction. I will investigate that furter. I suppose the parameters for the muxing must be adjusted...

If anyone has more ideas about the skipping and crash: any help is appreciated
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:41   #7  |  Link
Globerex

When i use the MP4 conatainer (=recode original outfile with h264 avc and ac3 5.1) as input for remuxing in mkvmerge gui, i get an error with the FourCC and receive a video without audio.

I tried the MP4 conatiner as input, disabled the containing audio (sac3) and added the .sac3 file which i got from demuxing the container in yamb/mp4box. That worked! No crash no skipping issues.

I suppose the ZoomPlayer Crash and the skipping issues in VLC are because of problems with the screen format (16:9 / 4:3). The video output of my first test where not 16:9 (the mp4 source is 16:9).

Using the second appraoch wiht the original file and the .sac3 from the mp4box seams to preserve some essential video informations.

Anyway, i think i can solve my problems in that way. Further tipps are welcome!

Last edited by Globerex; 22nd April 2009 at 12:45. Reason: Missing infos
Old 29th April 2009, 13:39   #8  |  Link
mediator

The following simple commandline-tool remultiplexes MP4-files using the old Nero syntax for AC-3 (at the implementation time there was no related ETSI-standard) to such using the new ETSI-syntax:

http://www.nero.com/redir.php?id=4568

Hope it's useful.

(Please note that in the remultiplexed file Nero 8 ShowTime might not anymore recognize the AC-3 audio track. If you are a Nero 8 ShowTime user, you should keep the original file)
mediator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 09:38   #9  |  Link
Globerex

Thanks for that tip. I will take closer look.

Showtime is no problem. The reason for my efforts is to escape nero

I understand you right, that actual nero recode stores AC3 now standard compliant in MP4? This would be very good news.... which version should use/update to?

Last edited by Globerex; 2nd May 2009 at 09:42. Reason: typo
Old 4th May 2009, 09:59   #10  |  Link
Globerex

Hello Mediator,

i've testet your tip and it is the missing link

Now i can batch remux my nero mp4 container / files to standard compliant mp4 with AC3.

After that i'am able to convert the new MP4 files to mk4 containers by using xmedia recode (the nero versions are not recognized to contain audio).

Then i can set up a job list with the new mp4 container as source for audio and video and select as target container mkv and choose copy audio and video.

Solved! thank you very much!
Old 4th May 2009, 11:07   #11  |  Link
mediator

Quote:
I understand you right, that actual nero recode stores AC3 now standard compliant in MP4? This would be very good news.... which version should use/update to?
The version of Recode which is next in the "release queue" will create ETSI-compliant AC-3 tracks in MP4 right away.
mediator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 15:02   #12  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
The version of Recode which is next in the "release queue" will create ETSI-compliant AC-3 tracks in MP4 right away.
Nice one....

Do you know if Nero will be extending "ETSI-compliant AC-3" playback support to NeroDigital certified hardware devices?

Tags
container, mp4, nero