Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd December 2009, 22:17   #1  |  Link
martinreed

"No PGCs PREPARED for MOBILE Encode"

I am converting all of my DVD films to iPod versions, using the standard settings for mobile encoding: 320x240 MP4 with 64kbit AAC audio.

Most films seem to work OK, but when I get something that is very short (I've not yet determined the threshold, but it's less than 20 minutes), DVD Rebuilder does the Prepare but then immediately aborts the Encode with the message "No PGCs PREPARED for MOBILE Encode".

I have also selected the menu option "Force Reencoding (for Filters)", but that makes no difference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Last edited by martinreed; 22nd December 2009 at 22:45.
martinreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:12   #2  |  Link
martinreed

Please ignore this for the moment, I didn't see the "Testing MOBILE Encoding on Small VTSs" Sticky that was staring me in the face. I'll test with the suggestions made in that and then delete this post. Sorry for the waste of time...
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:17   #3  |  Link
martinreed

OK, so it now works for me using the VTS_MIN_SIZE and PGC_MINIMUM_FRAMES parameters in the REBUILDER.INI file. Specifically, I used

[Options]
VTS_MIN_SIZE=100000
[Mobile]
PGC_MINIMUM_FRAMES=15000

and those parameters picked up both of the small VTSs that I wanted (the pilot of My Name Is Earl, from the Season 1 DVD, and Dinner For One, a 10-minute black and white short, very funny).

Either this thread could be deleted by an admin, or maybe left, as there is no other thread that mentions the "No PGCs PREPARED for MOBILE Encode" error message, and someone else is bound to run into it, as I did.

Thanks again for a great product!

Tags
ipod, mp4