Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 1st December 2009, 04:12   #1  |  Link
martinreed

Integrating subtitles into mobile versions of films

I have been using DVD-RB since it went Pro and have been giving it some extra work recently by making iPod versions of my favourite films, because I am currently working overseas and don't have regular access to my film collection.

Quite a number of my films are not in English, and as I am not a native speaker of the languages that the films are in, I want to be able to create the MP4 with integrated English subtitles. I have no problem doing this when creating DVDs (sub-picture=65 or whatever in the pre-commands of the film), but I don't know if it is possible to do this with an MP4.

I notice that DVD-RB allows me to set a source audio track when creating the MP4, but not a preferred subtitle and I am not sure if this is because it is not possible or because it has not yet been implemented, perhaps because no one has yet asked for it. If I am the first, I would be very happy to beta-test any implementation.

Thanks in advance for any pointers...
martinreed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipod, mobile, subtitles