Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th April 2009, 13:22   #1  |  Link
datman

audio delay

I have had this occasional delay, about 2 seconds after a BDRB encode. The entire sound track lags behind the picture. The fact that it has happened several times would have me think I’m not the only one this is happening to.

It has been suggested that the problem may be on my end. So I’m trying to figure out what may be the cause of it.
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 18:24   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

Perhaps too obvious a question but, have you checked to make certain that (after ripping with AnyDVDHD) your original BluRay disc doesn't exhibit the same behavior?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 20:09   #3  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Hi!

Perhaps too obvious a question but, have you checked to make certain that (after ripping with AnyDVDHD) your original BluRay disc doesn't exhibit the same behavior?
Yes even off a fresh rip the same movie will have the delay no matter how I process it. It's seems to be only a few movies that have the problem. I'm running W7 so it may have something to do with that. If nothing else I will install Vista and see if it works. I'm surprised than no one else has had this.

You may recall I posted a week ago how Hunt for the Red October was having this problem. That turned out to be 2 bad discs, a borrowed one, and mine or so I think. Both would play just not rip to 100%
Old 19th April 2009, 20:22   #4  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
Yes even off a fresh rip the same movie will have the delay no matter how I process it. It's seems to be only a few movies that have the problem. I'm running W7 so it may have something to do with that. If nothing else I will install Vista and see if it works. I'm surprised than no one else has had this.

You may recall I posted a week ago how Hunt for the Red October was having this problem. That turned out to be 2 bad discs, a borrowed one, and mine or so I think. Both would play just not rip to 100%
Could you list the several discs that you are experiencing this out of synch audio problem?
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 21:15   #5  |  Link
setarip_old

@datman
Quote:
Yes even off a fresh rip the same movie will have the delay no matter how I process it.
And, as the first step in the chain, if you play your ORIGINAL, COMMERCIAL BluRay disc onm the same system, does it also exhibit this problem?
Old 19th April 2009, 23:44   #6  |  Link
datman

Quote:
@datmanAnd, as the first step in the chain, if you play your ORIGINAL, COMMERCIAL BluRay disc onm the same system, does it also exhibit this problem?
If I play off the disc they all "play" fine. If I mux them they play fine. Only after I encode them and we are only talking about a few. HFTRO, Indiana Jones 4,and one more I can't remember right now.
Old 20th April 2009, 09:01   #7  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
If I mux them they play fine.
What multiplexing are you performing after ripping the original BluRay disc and before encoding with BD-RB?
Old 20th April 2009, 22:43   #8  |  Link
rockingstud

I have an audio problem too!

I've been having this problem for weeks now. I can't find any answers anywhere. I copied the full movie to my computer with anydvd hd. Then I used bd-rebuilder to extract. I took only the main audio and video. After It encoded I copied the movie to a bd-re. Then I played the disc in my ps3. I noticed about 15 mins into the movie the audio became out of sync. Can anyone please try to help me. Feel free to ask questions to find my solution.. Thanks

I also , after I copied the full movie with anydvdhd , I ran the imgburn program.I ran the image using powerdvd. I noticed there wasnt any problems. I guess Its somewhere between encoding or something..
rockingstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 22:43   #9  |  Link
datman

Quote:
What multiplexing are you performing after ripping the original BluRay disc and before encoding with BD-RB?
As of late none, except On one, I think it was The secret life of bees. I used tsmuxergui.

On these I have tried both of the off the full rip and off the the muxed file, both having the same audio delay. If not before when W7 runs out I will try vista.

I guess this some glitch on my end.
Old 20th April 2009, 22:48   #10  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingstud View Post
I've been having this problem for weeks now. I can't find any answers anywhere. I copied the full movie to my computer with anydvd hd. Then I used bd-rebuilder to extract. I took only the main audio and video. After It encoded I copied the movie to a bd-re. Then I played the disc in my ps3. I noticed about 15 mins into the movie the audio became out of sync. Can anyone please try to help me. Feel free to ask questions to find my solution.. Thanks

I also , after I copied the full movie with anydvdhd , I ran the imgburn program.I ran the image using powerdvd. I noticed there wasnt any problems. I guess Its somewhere between encoding or something..
the ones I had a problem with the entire audio track was out of sync. Except Secret life of bees that the first 15 min was fine and at a MLS point it became out of sync. This is a multi MLS film
Old 20th April 2009, 22:55   #11  |  Link
rockingstud

so right now, br -rebuilder can't handle it?
Old 20th April 2009, 23:08   #12  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingstud View Post
so right now, br -rebuilder can't handle it?
I wounld not go that far. It may be a rare bug but most don't have this issue.

what OS are you running, which movies did not work for you?
Old 20th April 2009, 23:09   #13  |  Link
rockingstud

I have win xp... Also I have problems with the bourne supremacy and iron man.. I havent really tried anything as of yet
Old 20th April 2009, 23:12   #14  |  Link
datman

that rules out W7
Old 20th April 2009, 23:15   #15  |  Link
rockingstud

yeah, I hope its not my computer . lol
Old 20th April 2009, 23:29   #16  |  Link
datman

I don't think it's mine. My HTPC has only software I use for HTPC uses, it is only connected to the internet for windows updates and has no virus software. Other than one HD that may be going bad this has been my only problem
Old 21st April 2009, 02:03   #17  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
I don't think it's mine. My HTPC has only software I use for HTPC uses, it is only connected to the internet for windows updates and has no virus software. Other than one HD that may be going bad this has been my only problem
...So "thedatman" on the slysoft forums isn't you then?

Could try a different version of tsmuxer?
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 03:37   #18  |  Link
rockingstud

any suggestions for audio delay

i was working Is there a workaround for my problem?

Thanks guys
Old 21st April 2009, 12:32   #19  |  Link
rockingstud

tools folder?? maybe trying to fix my audio delay

I was wondering , am I supposed to click on the tools folder that came with the bd-rebuilder. I read on the forum, some people did that. Do I have to install them or anything or just use the bd- rebuilder icon to start.

Thanks
Old 21st April 2009, 17:28   #20  |  Link
setarip_old

@rockingstud

Hi!
Quote:
am I supposed to click on the tools folder that came with the bd-rebuilder.
No...