Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 8th January 2018, 06:01   #1  |  Link
Snap

Thoughts on a UHD Blu-Ray ripping general thread

So it's been mentioned before but the key posting sticky has unofficially become a bit of a general purpose discussion thread for UHD-related things since decryption has become available via leaked keys, despite the topic title.

Some user questions are obviously specifically related to posts in the key posting sticky and perhaps creating a new topic seems unusual to some just to respond or ask questions about a particular post, and so a user there suggested a more general purpose thread.

Additionally the Blu-Ray decrypting tools sticky is 10 years out of date (in terms of latest developments).

Could someone who has been following the UHD side of things create a UHD ripping discussion thread with relevant info in the OP (supported drives, tools, guides, key list links, etc)? I have a directory of such info I've been saving since looking into it however my drive has yet to arrive so I haven't had first-hand experience with it yet and figured I mightn't be the best person to offer help.

One issue perhaps with creating a non-sticky topic is after a month of inactivity any thread will disappear from the sub-forum view, which would make it a little more difficult for others to find as easily. Guess we'll see if there's enough interest.

Last edited by Snap; 8th January 2018 at 08:12.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 17:32   #2  |  Link
Dandu

I use MakeMKV with a LG BH16NS55 under macOS.

And it works too with an Asus BW-16D1HT under Windows 10.
Dandu is offline   Reply With Quote