Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2013, 01:33   #121  |  Link
paradoxical

Ok try *link removed*, Selur.

Last edited by paradoxical; 27th January 2013 at 20:32.

Old 27th January 2013, 10:24   #122  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Ok try this, Selur.
-> only throws a 'Illegal instruction: 4' on Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion
Old 27th January 2013, 12:10   #123  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical View Post
There's nothing that can be done. It's the side effect of having a Qt app on Windows that can be both GUI and CLI. The only alternative is separate apps which is a pain in the ass. Other OSes have no such issue. If you want a fix contact the Qt people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
that is a problem of the other application (I know this can be suppressed, since bdsup2sub++ doesn't 'popup' in Hybrid)
OK, thanks. I'll try to redirect stdin, stdout and stderr. I suppose the QT console is there to connect them to something, right?
Old 27th January 2013, 12:18   #124  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
I suppose the QT console is there to connect them to something, right?
I only connect to stdout and stderr of bdsup2sub++ (in Qt bdsup2sub++ doesn't popup if you simply start a process with it instead of starting a detached process).
Old 27th January 2013, 12:41   #125  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I will try. Thanks again.
Old 27th January 2013, 18:17   #126  |  Link
paradoxical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
-> only throws a 'Illegal instruction: 4' on Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion
Hmmm... Okay, let me check my settings for compile. Make sure things weren't set at minimum 10.8.

Edit: I think I know the prob. I have the latest Mac Mini which means it compiled with support for all SIMD stuff through AVX which is more likely the issue. I guess I'll limit my Qt to only SSE3 which should work for a minimum Core2Duo.

Last edited by paradoxical; 27th January 2013 at 19:05.

Old 27th January 2013, 20:36   #127  |  Link
paradoxical

Selur, try this *link removed*. Compiled min 10.7 with nothing beyond SSE3.

Last edited by paradoxical; 28th January 2013 at 15:47.

Old 27th January 2013, 20:54   #128  |  Link
digitall.h

Hi Sassbot, hi @all.
I'm trying to compile BDSup2Sub++ in Linux Mint KDE 13.
I have all build packages installed, and also installed libqxt 0.6.1 (this is the version in repositories).
I downloaded source from https://github.com/amichaelt/BDSup2SubPlusPlus
When I qmake in terminal I get this error:
Code:
WARNING: /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/features/qxt.prf:7: Variable QMAKE_RPATH is deprecated; use QMAKE_LFLAGS_RPATH instead.
When I then make in terminal, it throws a long lost of errors (I may paste if you think it's necessary) and exits with error 1, and compiling nothing.

What am I doing wrong?, wrong tools version?. Do you need further information to help me compiling?.
Old 27th January 2013, 21:07   #129  |  Link
paradoxical

That's not really an error. But, sure if you can post the line you're using to compile and the part where the errors start I can try to help you. Also the version of your compiler is needed too. You need to make sure to be using either Clang 4.x or GCC 4.7.x or higher.

Edit to add: Your version of Qt also needs to be compiled with C++11 support since this code uses initializer lists for Qt containers.

Last edited by paradoxical; 27th January 2013 at 21:20.

Old 27th January 2013, 21:34   #130  |  Link
digitall.h

Thank you paradoxical.
Probably I decided to try a task too big for me.
I don't almost compile anything by myself. I install programs and tools from repositories.
Please tell me how can I check my Clang and GCC versions.
In terminal Clang -h tells me that Clang is not installed (probably that's a problem to begin with). And gcc -h throws an error about missing files (this might not be the way to check gcc version )
My compiling code in terminal is just qmake BDSup2Sub++.pro, and after the warning message make.

I also did not compile Qt myself, it is as it was in the repositories, don't know if it was compiled with C++11 support. Also don't know how to check it...

Do you think I will manage to compile it in my system?. I looked for a Linux (Debian) binary with no success...
Old 27th January 2013, 21:37   #131  |  Link
paradoxical

To find your version type "g++ --version". If you didn't compile Qt yourself it probably isn't compiled with C++11 support. I guess I'll change the pro file so it verifies you have C++11 support and then just errors out so compiling never happens.

Old 27th January 2013, 22:34   #132  |  Link
digitall.h

Aaarrrggghhhh,
GCC version 4.6.6

I'm afraid I won't be able to compile BDSup2Sub++ on my system.
And I don't have the time/skill to build in a virtual machine a Linux version just for compiling purposes.

Is it possible anybody compiled it and can provide binaries for Linux 64bit?.
Old 27th January 2013, 22:38   #133  |  Link
paradoxical

You can always ask someone in Mint to put it in their repos.

Old 28th January 2013, 00:19   #134  |  Link
paradoxical

So I now have collaborator access to Sassbot's repo so I can push changes directly. I've fixed the pro file so that it first checks that your Qt libraries are configured with C++11 support and give you an error message and fail out if not.

Old 28th January 2013, 02:10   #135  |  Link
digitall.h

I suppose it's not possible to make compilation compatible with other configuration, specifically with previous GCC versions, no C++11 compatibility and so, isn't it?

I don't know if common 'buntu users will have this specifications here in Linux world.
Old 28th January 2013, 03:58   #136  |  Link
paradoxical

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitall.h View Post
I suppose it's not possible to make compilation compatible with other configuration, specifically with previous GCC versions, no C++11 compatibility and so, isn't it?
Not without a ton of ifdefs and added code that I don't really want to do. C++11 is the future and Qt5 compiles with C++11 support by default. bdsup2sub++ also compiles with Qt5 just fine. It's been ifdefed to account for the header movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitall.h View Post
I don't know if common 'buntu users will have this specifications here in Linux world.
GCC 4.7.2 is the default g++ in Ubuntu 12.10. So it will get more common. There are also ppas for GCC 4.7.x for both Lucid and Precise here: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-toolchain-r/+archive/test so the toolchain can be pulled down. I don't really run Linux outside of doing some Valgrind testing on it in a VM, so I'm not really all that interested in doing ppas for Ubuntu myself. Windows and OS X are my main systems. Like I said, I suggest you ask someone who runs your repos if they can make a package for you.

Last edited by paradoxical; 28th January 2013 at 04:02.

Old 28th January 2013, 15:54   #137  |  Link
paradoxical

So I'm refreshing the builds bumping the version number to 1.0.1 since I believe all my changes warrant so and I've created a tag to match the current builds. Selur *link removed* the OS X binary. Posting the new Windows binary with bumped version number shortly.

Edited to add:

Here is the new Windows binary.

Edited to add again:

I'm going to fix the OS X binary I posted. The Qt it is statically linked with apparently was using my system's libjpeg instead of the built-in Qt libjpeg. If anyone already downloaded the previous binary and wants to use it, you will need to know you need to install libjpeg.8.dylib into /opt/local/lib/. Otherwise, just wait until I fix it in about 4 hours.

Last edited by paradoxical; 28th January 2013 at 21:46.

Old 28th January 2013, 22:41   #138  |  Link

The discussion for this tool is moving to:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1613303
Closed Thread