Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 6th June 2020, 01:03   #18561  |  Link
FurbyTime

Is there anyway to have the batch function process multiple audio tracks at once? I deal with a lot of multi-audio video and would love to be able to avoid having to manually enter the second track if possible.
FurbyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2020, 02:16   #18562  |  Link
fits79

I download the latest version and when i add one mkv file it bring me this error with the ffprobe.exe file:

Why?
fits79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2020, 06:42   #18563  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

That sounds Greek to me. Literally... Can you summarize the meaning of this error in English?

PS: Apparently it's just the simple "application stopped working" message. Not much to learn from that one. May simply be a corrupt file.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 6th June 2020 at 07:16.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2020, 08:21   #18564  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Update's

Hi Atak,

It's been about 5 weeks since the last update, and I have been sniffing around, and I think there are some newer builds available.

L-smash, ffmpeg, mkvtoolnix, avisynth 3.60 and even the very important eac3to, it's latest (although old) is 3.34, and RB has 3.33.

And there might even be a few more, eg:- x264 or x265, etc.

Cheers

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 9th June 2020 at 13:57.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2020, 03:10   #18565  |  Link
Ripmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmann View Post
Another minor feature request for consideration: Right-click on a job -> Duplicate Job.

Rationale: I often need to do several encodes of the same source using different settings. I do it to compare quality, but others do HEVC and non-HEVC versions or size-limited (4gb DVD)and CQ (12gb HDD backup) versions for example. Adding a duplicate job for the same source can take a while (demuxing, subs, etc.) It would be much easier to be able to duplicate the first job with all the subtitles, names and other settings, and just tweak the one or two values you want to change.
If you're ever going to take a look at that jobs UI, here's another non-essential one to consider:

The ability to delete multiple jobs at once, instead of removing them one by one. For example:

Select multiple jobs -> and

A) Press DEL key (currently does nothing)
B) Click Remove (currently only removes the last job in selection and auto-selects next (makes total sense when removing one job but may cause confusion with multiple jobs selected))
C) Right click->Remove Job (currently doesn't exist; redundant anyway)

Rationale: not an issue with a few jobs, but for those who deal with many small files it should be a welcome addition. I just had an unusually large number of jobs in the queue (67 mini conversions), and the ability to remove all 58 selected jobs at once would certainly be helpful, compared to clicking Remove 58 times. Thankfully my usual job count is nowhere near as large, but I assume that people who do full series batches with dozens of episodes would love it.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2020, 03:44   #18566  |  Link
Ripmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaCOP View Post
Hi,

Been using RB for a handful of months and it's become my go-to encoding software with killer features for me being Tonemapping and DE, although I've encoded with Handbrake for years. So, I'm moving on now to encoding in a slightly advanced manner - namely using the following script to MDegrain3 certain of my encodes, principally older movies with plenty of grain.

LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
super=MSuper(video,pel=2)
bv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=1,overlap=4)
fv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=1,overlap=4)
bv2=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=2,overlap=4)
fv2=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=2,overlap=4)
bv3=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=3,overlap=4)
fv3=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=3,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain3(video,super,bv1,fv1,bv2,fv2,bv3,fv3,thSAD=800)

It all works beautifully but I'm having to copy and paste the script every time into the AVISynth '#denoise' section in the AVISynth video window which is a pain, especially if I forget. Is there a way to get my 'MDegrain3 custom script' into the DENOISE dropdown box next to the window so I can just select it rather than copy/paste each time? Or is there another method I could use? (I've set up a specific X265 profile to introduce --aq-mode 3 although naturally the X265 script doesn't influence the script passed to AVISynth).

Incidentally I find KNLmeansCL hopeless...either one or both my servers regularly stalls when I engage KNLmeansCL....no biggy, MDegrain is good for me.
Thanks for your MDegrain3 settings. Old movies are too grainy for the unmodded MDegrain2 preset, so I've been tweaking it instead. With your preset as a guide, I finally decided to do a few trial MDegrain3 runs to compare the results.

By the way, did you try Atak's suggestion of saving the code as a custom script? I'm curious how it'll work if I run it together with "KNLmeansCL" in the Denoise menu. Will it be processed similarly to "Mdegrain2+KNLmeansCL" or not? I assume it's not as simple (at the very least the processing order will probably be messed up), but I don't know AviSynth nearly well enough to guess.
Old 12th June 2020, 11:32   #18567  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
If you're ever going to take a look at that jobs UI, here's another non-essential one to consider:

The ability to delete multiple jobs at once, instead of removing them one by one. For example:

Select multiple jobs -> and

A) Press DEL key (currently does nothing)
B) Click Remove (currently only removes the last job in selection and auto-selects next (makes total sense when removing one job but may cause confusion with multiple jobs selected))
C) Right click->Remove Job (currently doesn't exist; redundant anyway)

Rationale: not an issue with a few jobs, but for those who deal with many small files it should be a welcome addition. I just had an unusually large number of jobs in the queue (67 mini conversions), and the ability to remove all 58 selected jobs at once would certainly be helpful, compared to clicking Remove 58 times. Thankfully my usual job count is nowhere near as large, but I assume that people who do full series batches with dozens of episodes would love it.
Hey, that is a good suggestion, however, if you go to the Main "tab" (under Settings) in RB, there is an option to "Keep jobs after successful conversion", I think it's checked by default, if you unchecked that, then it will "clean" the job queue, as it goes.
Old 12th June 2020, 11:49   #18568  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Thanks for your MDegrain3 settings. Old movies are too grainy for the unmodded MDegrain2 preset, so I've been tweaking it instead. With your preset as a guide, I finally decided to do a few trial MDegrain3 runs to compare the results.

By the way, did you try Atak's suggestion of saving the code as a custom script? I'm curious how it'll work if I run it together with "KNLmeansCL" in the Denoise menu. Will it be processed similarly to "Mdegrain2+KNLmeansCL" or not? I assume it's not as simple (at the very least the processing order will probably be messed up), but I don't know AviSynth nearly well enough to guess.
If you have saved MDG3 as a custom filter, you should be able to choose that from the custom dropdown, and choose knlmeans from the "denoise" dropdown...OR you might be able to make another custom for both..

For KNLMeansCL (mono setting of 2):-

#After_Prefetch_Denoise
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll")
video=KNLMeansCL(video,d=1, a=2, s=4, h=2, device_type="GPU", device_id=0)

OR

For KNLMeansCL (adaptive) (mono setting of 2):-

#After_Prefetch_Denoise
denoisemask=ConvertToY(video)
denoisedvideo=KNLMeansCL(video,d=1, a=2, s=4, h=2, device_type="GPU", device_id=0)
video=Overlay(video,denoisedvideo,mask=denoisemask,opacity=1.0)

Might look a bit like this :-

#Custom
video=KNLMeansCL(video,d=1, a=2, s=4, h=2, device_type="GPU", device_id=0)

LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
super=MSuper(video,pel=2)
bv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=1,overlap=4)
fv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=1,overlap=4)
bv2=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=2,overlap=4)
fv2=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=2,overlap=4)
bv3=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=3,overlap=4)
fv3=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=3,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain3(video,super,bv1,fv1,bv2,fv2,bv3,fv3,thSAD=800)

or you could tidy that up a bit, as long as all the "command's" are there.
Old 12th June 2020, 12:29   #18569  |  Link
Ripmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
If you have saved MDG3 as a custom filter, you should be able...
Thanks for taking the time to write down all your suggestions. Appreciate it.

Edit: By the way, is it possible to edit the list of the Lock Size values somewhere? I constantly have tweak them to adjust to my personal needs. As one example, for the dual-layer media I have, 8150 often produces oversized files. I use 8135 to get consistent results to fit it. The single-layer media I have is the opposite: 4480 is usally too low to hit the max capacity, so I use 4488 all the time.

Last edited by Ripmann; 15th June 2020 at 17:28.
Old 16th June 2020, 01:49   #18570  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to write down all your suggestions. Appreciate it.

Edit: By the way, is it possible to edit the list of the Lock Size values somewhere? I constantly have tweak them to adjust to my personal needs. As one example, for the dual-layer media I have, 8150 often produces oversized files. I use 8135 to get consistent results to fit it. The single-layer media I have is the opposite: 4480 is usually too low to hit the max capacity, so I use 4488 all the time.
OK, I'm no expert when it comes to this program, and I don't use the Lock Size option very often, as I just let it create the size output file that the settings process.

As for a "hidden" setting for the Lock Size numbers, there doesn't seem to be one. But I'm sure someone could prove me wrong.

HOWEVER, in "Batch" you can edit all the settings and then save them as default, so you could use Batch for your re sizing, either one at a time, or as many as you like
You will find reference to these settings in the RipBot264.ini file.

It would actually be a really nice addition to the main job settings, wouldn't it....

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 16th June 2020 at 02:00.
Old 16th June 2020, 05:30   #18571  |  Link
LucasSimba

Hey everyone,

I recently discovered RipBot264 and found it really useful, especially because I want to use specific encode settings. Everything works fine, except for one setting: chroma-qp-offset

I set --chroma-qp-offset -3, but for some reason the video file created has --chroma-qp-offset -6. Every other settings entered in the command line section of RipBot264 is respected.

Any idea why this happens? And is it possible to have -3?

Thank you!

Encode settings:

Code:
cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=32 / lookahead_threads=4 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=3000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=31250 / vbv_bufsize=31250 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=3:1.00
CLI command:

Code:
--cabac --ref 4 --deblock -1:-1 --partitions i4x4,i8x8,p8x8,b8x8 --me umh --subme 9 --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --merange 24 --trellis 2 --8x8dct --cqm flat --deadzone-inter 21 --deadzone-intra 11 --chroma-qp-offset -3 --threads 32 --lookahead-threads 4 --bframes 3 --b-pyramid normal --b-adapt 2 --b-bias 0 --direct auto --weightp 2 --keyint 250 --min-keyint 25 --scenecut 40 --rc-lookahead 50 --bitrate 3000 --ratetol 1.0 --qcomp 0.60 --qpmin 0 --qpmax 69 --qpstep 4 --cplxblur 20.0 --qblur 0.5 --vbv-maxrate 31250 --vbv-bufsize 31250 --nal-hrd none --ipratio 1.40 --aq-mode 3 --aq-strength 1.00
LucasSimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2020, 15:00   #18572  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I see this
Quote:
/ fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=32 /
Where do you see -6 ???
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2020, 16:43   #18573  |  Link
LucasSimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I see this

Where do you see -6 ???
The encode settings are the ones that I want and that I enter in RipBot264. I see -6 when I select the video file created with RipBot264 in MediaInfo.
Old 16th June 2020, 17:47   #18574  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

x264 encoder most likely automatically changes that value because in my case after adding --chroma-qp-offset -3 to default profile I got chroma_qp_offset=-5
I suspect that value (-3) is incorrect with other settings and thus has to be automatically corrected by x264.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2020, 21:48   #18575  |  Link
LucasSimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
x264 encoder most likely automatically changes that value because in my case after adding --chroma-qp-offset -3 to default profile I got chroma_qp_offset=-5
I suspect that value (-3) is incorrect with other settings and thus has to be automatically corrected by x264.
That’s weird because I can get -3 when I encode with Hybrid. But with Hybrid, analyse=0x3:0x113 becomes analyse=0x3:0x133 for some reason.
Old 17th June 2020, 18:39   #18576  |  Link
SKPN

Is there any way to encode to WEBM using VP8/VP9?
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 02:27   #18577  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
Is there any way to encode to WEBM using VP8/VP9?
You've asked about this before.....

I'm pretty sure that RB can not do this...(but I could be proven wrong)

I would suggest that you give Handbrake a go...

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/...ontainers.html

or there's this :- (command line stuff, )

https://www.webmproject.org/

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 18th June 2020 at 13:40.
Old 18th June 2020, 12:16   #18578  |  Link
SKPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
You've asked about this before.....

I'm pretty sure that RB can not do this...(but I could be proven wrong)

I would suggest that you give Handbrake a go...

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/...ontainers.html

or there's this :- (command line stuff, )

https://www.webmproject.org/
I did ask once before, but I never got an answer. I've been using Handbrake for those encodes, but I was hoping to be able to use RB for the distributed encoding.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 13:49   #18579  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
I did ask once before, but I never got an answer. I've been using Handbrake for those encodes, but I was hoping to be able to use RB for the distributed encoding.
Yes, it is a little frustrating when you don't get a reply that you really want...

It's also a shame that the creators of Handbrake don't seem to be interested in adding a distributing encoding function

I guess to get the best out of HB is to have a powerful cpu, and fast storage (NVMe)

I guess you have a legit reason for wanting this format.

Cheers
Old 20th June 2020, 15:50   #18580  |  Link
Tlen

Hi,

i found this thread and this program searching for distributed x264 encoding.

So i'm going to try this (finger crossed)!

I've seen there is only a 2 pass mode.

Could you add a 3 pass mode?

I know most people think that even 2 pass its just useless,

but comparing thoroughly entirely many films in my collection

I've found that a third pass gives that little improvement (seen as better line, geometry, grain preservation)

that in a "Archival" scenario is wanted, no matter what.

So a 3 pass mode could be added?

Thank you very much

Last edited by Tlen; 20th June 2020 at 15:52.
Tlen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360