Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th March 2009, 00:44   #1  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

ac3 from tsmuxer ts is mpa in dgindex

I changed the ini to make the mp1 to mpa, and used mpeg2repair so dgindex output mpa L3.
If I did not use mpeg2repair the ts tsmuxer made would have mpa L1 from dgindex.

But the point is the ts has ac3 audio and dgindex is reading it as mpa.
MPC clsid version sees the ac3 in the ts, and powerdvd calls the audio dts ex.

The source is a blu ray, b13 ntsc widescreen.
Ripped with anydvd.

I read here: link "Fixed a problem that caused DGIndex to miss some audio streams. For example, if AC3 substream 0x80 was present, and MPA stream 0xC0 was present, both would be viewed as Track 1, and only the first one encountered would be detected." So after eading this it dawned on me that maybe dgindex isn't working right.
mpa is different than ac3.

If you want a sample do you want the repaired or none repaired clip?
The repaired clip will output mpa L3 and the non-repaired one will output mpa L1.

Edit,
Also if I include dts in the ts with the ac3 then dgindex only outputs a dts and no ac3 or mpa.

Last edited by Jeremy Duncan; 25th March 2009 at 00:53.
Jeremy Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 00:59   #2  |  Link

Give me the original source stream sample please, i.e., m2ts fragment direct from the bluray disk.

Why do you have to "repair" anything if it comes from a bluray?
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 09:01   #3  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Give me the original source stream sample please, i.e., m2ts fragment direct from the bluray disk.

Why do you have to "repair" anything if it comes from a bluray?
If I do not repair it the audio is mpa L1.
If I repair it the audio is mpa L3.

I just encoded a test and used ignore pulldown on my dgindex files and ignore pulldown in hc enc. And the audio could not be muxed.
I think the fps in the m2v and mpa and ac3 were different because hc enc has no ignore pulldown, only yes or no pulldown.
So I'm encoding with apply pulldown in dgindex and hc enc and will see in 5 hours if the audio can be muxed as either ac3 or mpa.

I think the m2ts has only 1 audio stream if I do not check the 00000.m2ts file. And that would be a very big upload.
And idea on how I can get a small snippet of a sample instead of a huge upload?

Also when I force film on my ts in dgindex the fps is around 19 fps. If I use apply pulldown the fps is 23.976.

The audio stream in a smaller m2ts is dolby I think. No other audio. mpa was never a audio option.

Last edited by Jeremy Duncan; 25th March 2009 at 09:09. Reason: added audio info.
Old 25th March 2009, 13:42   #4  |  Link

Use DGSplit in segment mode to cut out a portion of the M2TS. Make sure the problem can be recreated with the sample before uploading it. 50-100MBytes is fine. Use www.mediafire.com for your upload.

Quote:
Also when I force film on my ts in dgindex the fps is around 19 fps.
You're doing IVTC twice.

Last edited by Guest; 25th March 2009 at 13:46.
Old 25th March 2009, 16:08   #5  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

link to sample from m2ts
When I saved the sample it didn't say m2ts. So I changed the extension to m2ts and it plays fine in pdvd 7, also tsmxer can open it.

And that encoding job I did with dgindex using apply pulldown and hc enc using apply pulldown. i tried to mux the mps L3 and changed the mpa to ac3 and I could not mux it.

I tried using dgindex on the sample and only dts audio was made, no ac3 or other dts languages.

To make the sample I used dgsplit and the m2ts anydvd made.

Last edited by Jeremy Duncan; 25th March 2009 at 16:11.
Old 25th March 2009, 22:14   #6  |  Link

Jeremy, you have to start reading documentation.

In DGIndex, you set the desired audio PID in the stream menu. If you do Stream/Detect PIDs: PAT/PMT, you'll see that there are two DTS streams and two AC3 streams. You select the PID you like and then do a preview with F5. The audio will be detected and displayed in the Info dialog.

There is no MPEG audio in this stream.

As described in the Users Manual, you can demux only the one selected audio PID at a time.

DGMPGDecNV is a bit more user friendly.
Old 26th March 2009, 00:11   #7  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
Jeremy, you'll see that there are two DTS streams and two AC3 streams.
yes, and I told you that using tsmuxer I only checked the ac3.
Then I opened the ts with dgindex.

Interesting about the pids though. Is this selectable in the dgindex ini?
Old 26th March 2009, 01:29   #8  |  Link

Ah, OK, I see your problem. When you remux to ts with just the AC3 stream with tsmuxer, DGIndex fails to detect the AC3 track. DGMPGIndexNV detects it, so it is indeed a problem with DGIndex. I will fix it.

Read the manual for your other question.
Old 26th March 2009, 02:02   #9  |  Link

The problem was caused by remuxing to TS from M2TS. When I see M2TS I make certain assumptions about the audio because it's likely from BluRay.

I have fixed this but I don't want to make a release just for this. If you need the patched binary, please let me know.

I'd rather upgrade to the clean audio stuff as in the NV tools than keep patching up this old warty audio detection code.
Old 26th March 2009, 07:02   #10  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

No, I don't need the binary. Thank you.
Old 27th March 2009, 03:19   #11  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
Ah, OK, I see your problem. When you remux to ts with just the AC3 stream with tsmuxer, DGIndex fails to detect the AC3 track. DGMPGIndexNV detects it, so it is indeed a problem with DGIndex. I will fix it.

Read the manual for your other question.
There is no audio at all from the tsmade with only ac3 audio.
If you make a d2v using the m2ts ripped with dgsplit.
But if I use a ts with a3 only using the original m2ts not ripped with dgsplit there is mpa audio when I make a d2v using dgindex.

Does it stand to reason that dgspilt is not ripping correctly?

I use the ts from the original m2ts and include dts and ac3 and play the ts with mpc, and see dts audio.

But using the ts made from the dgspilt m2ts and making the same kind of ts. the audio shown in mpc is ac3 only.

The movie has a m2ts trailer that has the audio you could use or testing, but it's 300 or so MB and I have no place to upload it too.
Old 27th March 2009, 03:36   #12  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Duncan View Post
There is no audio at all from the tsmade with only ac3 audio.
If you make a d2v using the m2ts ripped with dgsplit.
But if I use a ts with a3 only using the original m2ts not ripped with dgsplit there is mpa audio when I make a d2v using dgindex.
I told you I have fixed it in my build and asked if you wanted the binary. You said no. Why are you bringing it up again?

Quote:
Does it stand to reason that dgspilt is not ripping correctly?
No. In fact there is no MPEG audio in there and the detection of it is a result of the problem I fixed. Depending on where the stream starts the code may happen to see what it thinks is an MPEG audio header. It's just a side effect of the first problem.

Quote:
But using the ts made from the dgspilt m2ts and making the same kind of ts. the audio shown in mpc is ac3 only.
It works after my fix.

Again, do you want the fixed version?
Old 27th March 2009, 04:06   #13  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Actually what I am saying is I can make a ts from either the m2ts dgsplit made or the one anydvd made and play the ts using media player classic.
And depending on which m2ts I used to make the ts the audio mpc shows it's using will be different.
So this has nothing to do with dginex and d2v's, meaning your repaired binary dgindex is of no use in this case.

I'm asking why, if I make a ts using the anydvd m2ts mpc shows the audio to be dts, and if i use the m2ts dgsplit made mpc shows the audio to be ac3?
This is assuming the there is ac3, unconverted dts, and the mpeg2 in the ts tsmuxer makes.

The reason I mentioned dgindex is if I include only ac3 in the ts.
If I made the ts using the anydvd m2ts I get mpa audio when I make the d2v.
But no audio if I use the dgspit m2ts.
Old 27th March 2009, 04:51   #14  |  Link

Quote:
So this has nothing to do with dginex and d2v's
Then it's off topic for this forum.
Old 28th March 2009, 19:47   #15  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

Quote:
I'm asking why, if I make a ts using the anydvd m2ts mpc shows the audio to be dts, and if i use the m2ts dgsplit made mpc shows the audio to be ac3?
My mistake. it's not ac3 if I open the file dgsplit made with mpc_hc and don't add a extension to the file dgsplit made.
It's no different than the one made from the original m2ts, so nothing is wrong with dgsplit I'm guessing.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:47   #16  |  Link

Good guess.