Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 28th October 2005, 08:06   #81  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Bug report.

Select a Title and go all the way to last sub dialog (PUO value by clicking on Input Value button) in image and just click on OK to set and exit.

When doing so, the Prohibited User Operations dialog is on top and you then can successfully exit that by clicking OK. After this, you can also click on OK to exit PgcEditor dialog. Business as usual.

The problem lies if you try to do it again. Now, when you repeat the same procedure going all the way to PUO value dialog and clicking OK, the Prohibited User Operations dialog disappears too. What happens next is that you cannot close out the Pgc Editor dialog and therefore PgcEdit is locked. The only way to exit is using task manager.
Old 28th October 2005, 09:16   #82  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks. It's strange indeed. I don't understand why it works the first time but not after...
Note that when you experience this problem, you can bring the PUO window on top again by clicking somewhere on the PGC Editor window. No need to kill PgcEdit.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2005, 17:02   #83  |  Link
Tobii

It is very easily possible to produce an applications error with the macro "import title closing clip",if the PGC doesn't have a title number.

Example (last VTS):

VTSM 12 , LU 1 (en) , 1 (dummy) RootM
VTSM 12 , LU 1 (en) , 2 (0:01) 1b.
VTST 12 , 1 TTN 1 (3:29) Title 11
VTST 12 , 2 TTN 2 (13:47)

If one selects the last PGC and then calls the macro,it comes to the applications error.

Error: can't read ":: pgcs(12,2,Title)": no such element in array

One can use only the macro, if the PGC has a title number? r0lZ?
Tobii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2005, 17:16   #84  |  Link
spyhawk

VMG Title must be defined for "VTST 12,2 TTN2". The macro just needs another check before importing.
spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2005, 17:21   #85  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes. It is theorically possible to have something like that:

VTST 12 , 1 TTN 1 (3:29) Title 11
VTST 12 , 2 TTN 1 (13:47)
(Note that both PGCs are related to TTN 1)

But it is not legal to have a TTN without a title number at all.

Anyway, I will fix this issue.

Thanks, Tobi and spyhawk.
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:30   #86  |  Link
radius

Hi
i found a small issue with the "PGC Playback Time" fixing,
I've build a dvd with maestro then when editing the title pgc i get this Warning message:

If i click yes then ok to leave the pgc editor window then reopen the pgc editor the "remove cells" doesn't work as it should, cells are not directly deleted (and there's no "Building cell tab..." in background), if i remove a cell then again ok to leave and reopen editor the previously "removed" cell is gone and i get another warning.
Btw i've been using the menu editor to redirect some things and i've done a lot of illegal commands before figuring it was illegal ^^, it would be great if the big button with the command was in red as in commands window when creating an illegal thing
finally ^^, are you thinking in adding vobs PUOps editing ?
Thanks

Last edited by radius; 3rd November 2005 at 01:34.
Old 3rd November 2005, 10:13   #87  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the bug report.

I know the Remove Cell bug, but it is somewhat occasional, and I have many difficulties to fix it. Maybe with your report I will be able to find it more easily...

For the menu editor, what did you exactly? It is theorically impossible to encode an illegal command in the command editor, but it is possible to use a command that cannot be present in a menu button. Is it what you did?
Note that it's not easy to highlight an illegal command in the menu editor, because I don't have the routine to check for the illegal commands in menu buttons. Will see what I can do...

No, I have no plans to implement VOB PUOs editing. In the PUO plugin, there is a function to clear all PUOs in the VOBs. My advice: use it to get rid of any VOB PUOs, and set the PUOs in the IFOs only. It's easier and faster. (However, with this method it is impossible to set the GoUp PUO, which, for an obscure reason, cannot be used in the PGCs.)
Old 3rd November 2005, 11:10   #88  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Be careful in getting rid of VOB PUOps where there are angles. In many players, the little angle icon comes on (if these have been removed) and can not be turned off.

I only turn off VOB PUOps if there are no angles.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2005, 12:10   #89  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

But you can set the Angle PUO in the IFO, and remove it in the VOBs, no?

Maybe I have to modify the PUO plugin to allow the user to selectively remove some PUOs in the VOBs, but not all of them...
But IMO, it's the player fault. What a stupid idea to display the Angle symbol on screen! You should have at least a way to disable it. (My Sony is smart enough and don't display it!)
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:33   #90  |  Link
radius

yeah as you said i used legal commands but not allowed on menus
for the puos i'm actually using maestro to mark the vobs
Old 12th November 2005, 23:11   #91  |  Link
Sir Didymus

PgcEdit & Kill Pgc Playback Macro...

Big sorry if the question has been already discussed or in case I am missing something fundamental...

I think the Kill Pgc Playback Macro is one of the most appreciated by PgcEdit Users.

Noticed in a couple of titles (really... just on two examples) that it did not killed the pgc playback. The reason was that into these specific situations the navigation among pgcs, after the playback of the pgc, was not performed through post commands (linkpgcn or other flow control instructions) but by means of the "NextPgc" link.

Do you think it should be possible, in the macro, to check if the last post command in the Pgc is an instruction of unconditional branch, and in case it is not, to insert as a last instruction of the pre command section a new branch instruction (LinkPgcn) pointing to the NextPgc ?

All the best,
SD
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2005, 23:38   #92  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It should be possible to append anyway a LinkPGCN command when the NextPGC link is not zero, and doesn't point to itself. If the PGC is exited by a post command, the LinkPGCN will never be reached. Right?

[EDIT] Just finished modifying the code. Seems adding a LinkPGCN anyway works fine.
Thanks for your bug report, Sir Didymus.

Last edited by r0lZ; 13th November 2005 at 00:26.
Old 13th November 2005, 13:44   #93  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

I'm pretty sure 2COOL reported on this and made a little guide on how to fix it for multi PGCN titles.

EDIT: Here it is - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=90773

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Last edited by blutach; 13th November 2005 at 13:51.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 14:43   #94  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, maybe it's another thing 2COOL has encountered. He doesn't say if the playback jumps from PGC 1 to PGC 2 by means of a NextPGC link, or if it jumps directly to the next PGC in the list because there are no post-commands nor NextPGC link. I don't know if it's something possible, but I'll test this scenario.

If there is a NextPGC link in PGC 1 pointing to PGC 2, my method will work: a new LinkPGCN to PGC 2 command will be added after the pre-commands of PGC 1, therefore the playback will be bypassed, and the pre-commands of PGC 2 will be executed normally.
Old 13th November 2005, 17:21   #95  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
It should be possible to append anyway a LinkPGCN command when the NextPGC link is not zero, and doesn't point to itself...
Mhhh. Very smart!!!

And what about, in case the link is 0, to add instead a LinkPGCN to the immediately following PGC ?

This should cover the situation described by 2COOL also in case no NextPGC link is present in PGC 1...

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 13th November 2005 at 17:28.
Old 13th November 2005, 17:59   #96  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, but I need to be sure it's legal. IMO, if there are no post commands nor NextPGC link, the DVD must simply exit. This is how it's simulated in the trace.
Old 13th November 2005, 18:17   #97  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have tried all software players I have. All are stopping after the first PGC. So, I suppose that there is a NextPGC link in 2COOL's example, and that my current method should work in all cases.
Anyway, I prefer that, or I will add false references to some PGCs. This may confuse the Cross References and Go to Calling Command functions.

Last edited by r0lZ; 13th November 2005 at 18:21.
Old 13th November 2005, 18:39   #98  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
Yes, but I need to be sure it's legal.
Agreed. I will check the matter on some documents...

Quote:
I have tried all software players I have. All are stopping after the first PGC. So, I suppose that there is a NextPGC link in 2COOL's example, and that my current method should work in all cases...
That's a good point... anyway feeling unsafe in totally thrusting on sw players, even in case all show the same behaviour...

Quote:
Anyway, I prefer that, or I will add false references to some PGCs. This may confuse the Cross References and Go to Calling Command functions.
Fully understood and agreed. A BIG for all of the work you are putting into your beautiful application.
Old 17th November 2005, 14:54   #99  |  Link
frank
Banned

Time for a new thread to PgcEdit 0.6.2, isn't it?
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 15:11   #100  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, if you want so. But 0.6.2 is still in beta phase. I have added a workaround for blutach's problem with the backups when burning with PgcEdit. This workaround still needs to be tested. After that test, I will release 0.6.2 final.

Anyway, if you want to test it, you may download 0.6.2 beta 1 here.