Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 5th December 2016, 23:57   #1  |  Link
xekon

Question about porting LoadVirtualdubplugin

I am needing to do some color correcting, when I was still using Avisynth I used Gradation Curves virtualdub plugin and loaded it directly in my Avisynth script so that I could pass it to x264 for encoding http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=133191

I loaded the virtualdub plugin using LoadVirtualdubplugin

so I am wondering the quickest/easiest approach to getting Gradation Curves loaded in Vapoursynth.

would it be easier to port the code for LoadVirtualdubplugin to a Vapoursynth equivalent? is that even possible?

or would it be easier to port/create a way to use Gradation Curves from scratch with a new Vapoursynth function/plugin just for Gradation Curves.

I am hoping somebody familiar with porting could point me in the right direction, I am not even sure where the source code for LoadVirtualdubplugin resides.
xekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 10:45   #2  |  Link
shekh

Gradation Curves is very simple plugin, should be less difficult to port directly to VS.
Old 6th December 2016, 11:02   #3  |  Link
xekon

I found the code for LoadVirtualdubplugin in Avisynth source, its in plugins.cpp, at first glance looks to be about 60 lines of code.

edit: ahh ok, thank you shekh, i think the hardest part will be looking at the gradation curves source and understanding how the code works and which parts need to be converted to python.

Last edited by xekon; 6th December 2016 at 11:08.
xekon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gradation, gradation curves, loadvirtualdubplugin, vapoursynth, virtualdub