Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 29th March 2011, 21:03   #1161  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matching_Mole View Post
Using BDinfo, you can know what the differents mpls "contains" and so help to know what mpls I want to play. Not the better way but currently Bdinfo help a lot.
That's the graphical way, sure. Same idea as scanning with eac3to to get the biggest playlists.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:11   #1162  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I can offer an option to disable the timestamp correction in LAV Splitter, then it'll output the exact same timestamps as the MPC-HC splitter, untouched from the file - but thats not always what you really want.
Actually, i lied. Offering such an option wouldn't be good. A vital part of that code is that it parses the packages and re-assembles them to form full frames (especially in MPEG-TS the frames are split across packages all the time), and some decoders just do not like getting half frames.

I suggest turning on Frame Time Correction (which is a hacky solution in a even hackier renderer), or get a good renderer like madVR.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:34   #1163  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Plays fine for me, both with EVR-CP (frame time correction on) and madVR.

One thing i did recently notice was that EVR-CP usually needs Frame Time Correction for alot of movies, while madVR just works, this also depends on the decoder being used. I don't know how EVR-CP manages to mess up that badly, though.

I can offer an option too disable the timestamp correction in LAV Splitter, then it'll output the exact same timestamps as the MPC-HC splitter, untouched from the file - but thats not always what you really want.
You're right when enabling frame time correction with EVR-CP it's playing fine
Also if it's not too much can you look at VC-1 settings cause I cant play any VC-1 (i) with nero decoder (which it's playing fine with MPC-HC's internal mpeg splitter) no matter what setting I choose in LAVSplitter = black screen or freeze video while sound it's playing.

Last edited by Mercury_22; 29th March 2011 at 21:47.
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 06:51   #1164  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Also if it's not too much can you look at VC-1 settings cause I cant play any VC-1 (i) with nero decoder (which it's playing fine with MPC-HC's internal mpeg splitter) no matter what setting I choose in LAVSplitter = black screen or freeze video while sound it's playing.
Try disabling the "Enable VC-1 Timestamp Correction" checkbox on the splitters config.
Old 30th March 2011, 08:46   #1165  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Try disabling the "Enable VC-1 Timestamp Correction" checkbox on the splitters config.
As I've mention above I've tried all 3 settings including "disable" Also for VC-1 Progressive it seem to work although sometime it shows a green screen then normal image then again green and so on...
Old 30th March 2011, 09:05   #1166  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Then the nero decoder is not supported.

With that option disabled, it outputs exactly the same as the MPC-HC splitter.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 30th March 2011 at 09:25.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 09:34   #1167  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Then the nero decoder is not supported.

With that option disabled, it outputs exactly the same as the MPC-HC splitter.
Strange since with MPC-HC's splitter it's working very nice (both VC-1 i & p with 10-bit RGB and no "Enable frame time correction" needed)

Anyway thanks for trying
Old 30th March 2011, 12:20   #1168  |  Link
jj666

I have rather a strange issue. All of my files are remuxes from original BD -> .TS with HD audio and PGS subtitles (via EAC3TO/TSMUXER).
Previously, was using an ancient version of Haali splitter in combination with AC3FILTER to bitstream TrueHD and DTS-HD cores to my receiver via Coax.

Now using the LAV splitter, and LAV decoders for both audio and video (CUDA). Obviously the LAV audio decoder doesn't currently bitstream audio, but it's currently decoding fine.

I tried to use FFSHOW audio decoder to bitstream the audio (assuming that it would be able to pass the core and bitstream that to the receiver). Unfortunately, with DTS-HD, FFDSHOW claims that it's receiving a 96hz DTS 7.1 channel track (when in reality its a 48hz DTS 5.1 channel track), this then borks MPC-HC and it doesn't play at all.

Assume that splitting the core audio from HD-audio in the current version isn't implemented? Is that something that could be implemented in the future? If not, it's not a big issue, as the LAV decoder is working and I'm not generally doing much playback on the PC.

Thanks very much for your work on the filters etc, it's allowed me to clean up the system and finally remove the Haali splitter :-)

Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 12:23   #1169  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The splitter will always send the full DTS-HD to the decoder. Why ffdshow gets confused by that, i cannot say. It should manage itself to split the core out of it and bitstream that, although i did read recently that they broke DTS Core bitstreaming out of DTS-HD some time back.

I will offer bitstreaming myself sooner or later, so if decoding works for you and you can be patient ..
Old 30th March 2011, 12:53   #1170  |  Link
jj666

Thanks for your feedback - patience is no problem, like mentioned, I'm not using the PC for much playback anyway (PCH C-200 media player here) and the decoding is working 100% anyway.

Let us know if you decide to accept some form of donations (the CUDA stuff is really great!) in the future.

Cheers,

-jj-
Old 30th March 2011, 13:17   #1171  |  Link
god_md5

hello , i have test some japan ts file have Memory leak(use all the memory),than hang .
and the other ts with dvbsub subtitle is not work well.
dvb with sub
http://www.mediafire.com/?hvs7d05u3voxzpn
but it not have mpc-hc black screen problem

Last edited by god_md5; 30th March 2011 at 13:24.
god_md5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 13:33   #1172  |  Link
mindbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj666 View Post
I have rather a strange issue. All of my files are remuxes from original BD -> .TS with HD audio and PGS subtitles (via EAC3TO/TSMUXER).
Previously, was using an ancient version of Haali splitter in combination with AC3FILTER to bitstream TrueHD and DTS-HD cores to my receiver via Coax.

Now using the LAV splitter, and LAV decoders for both audio and video (CUDA). Obviously the LAV audio decoder doesn't currently bitstream audio, but it's currently decoding fine.

I tried to use FFSHOW audio decoder to bitstream the audio (assuming that it would be able to pass the core and bitstream that to the receiver). Unfortunately, with DTS-HD, FFDSHOW claims that it's receiving a 96hz DTS 7.1 channel track (when in reality its a 48hz DTS 5.1 channel track), this then borks MPC-HC and it doesn't play at all.

Assume that splitting the core audio from HD-audio in the current version isn't implemented? Is that something that could be implemented in the future? If not, it's not a big issue, as the LAV decoder is working and I'm not generally doing much playback on the PC.

Thanks very much for your work on the filters etc, it's allowed me to clean up the system and finally remove the Haali splitter :-)

Cheers,

-jj-
you can try the mpc hc internal DTS decoder. set it to spdif.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 22:13   #1173  |  Link
josey_wells

Quote:
I had this exact same problem. The latest LAV 0.19 and ffdshow from http://www.xvidvideo.ru/ fixed the problem.
josey_wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 23:10   #1174  |  Link
jj666

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated :-)

Cheers,

-jj-
Old 31st March 2011, 06:49   #1175  |  Link
PaxRoma

I can not seem to get LAVfilter to register. It says dllregister server succeeded but nothing happens. Still cannot play MKV in WMP
PaxRoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 09:16   #1176  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxRoma View Post
I can not seem to get LAVfilter to register. It says dllregister server succeeded but nothing happens. Still cannot play MKV in WMP
Maybe this is the solution
Quote:
Binaries built by me currently require the VC++2010 Runtime (download 32-bit & 64-bit)
OR newer Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) & Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
or increase the merit or remove (if exist) Haali's

Last edited by Mercury_22; 31st March 2011 at 09:21.
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 19:41   #1177  |  Link
CruNcher

Is the Audio decoder using for every format supported libavcodec and has it 32 bit support like ffdshow and mpc-hc internal filter ?
also using libavformat for the mp4/mov part will it by default support everything it would in mplayer or did you removed fourccs by purpose ? like for example mjpg a/b or PNG support inside .mov ?

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 31st March 2011 at 19:47.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 21:47   #1178  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If you use LAV Splitter and LAV Audio together, it can decode everything that libavcodec supports. I also added 32-bit float support for AAC, AC3, DTS and MP3. Additionally it should also be possible to add it to Vorbis when i feel like doing it.

The demuxer, in theory, supports everything libavformat supports. If some specific file does not play properly or does not connect to some decoder, it probably needs its DirectShow media type fixed. My sample collection is not infinite, there will always be files that need fixes.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:43   #1179  |  Link
NanoBot

Should the LAVF Splitter already be able to open raw flac files ? It works fine together with ffdshow as flac decoder when I am opening mastroska files containing flac audio tracks. But when I am trying to open a raw flac file I get "cannot render the file" within MPC-HC.
NanoBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 04:11   #1180  |  Link
mindbomb

no, it doesnt appear to be a flac source filter.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter