Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 22nd May 2010, 01:34   #21  |  Link
Undead Sega

VidFire can actually be done in Avisynth.
Undead Sega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 15:27   #22  |  Link
2Bdecided

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilog jones View Post
Field restoration from telerecordings has been done: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VidFIRE
I have not seen any of the restored programmes mentioned (they don't seem to broadcast them very often) but it sounds promising.
No, VidFIRE may sound similar, but the fluid motion it restores is completely fake i.e. re-created. AFAICT it is normally used with telerecordings where the two fields are completely inseparable / blurred, or even where there's only one field present (skip-field telerecording).

On this specific telerecording, both fields are present, and they're wonderfully clear. So a suitable technique could recover the actual original video motion, not some re-creation of it.

Cheers,
David.
2Bdecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 15:29   #23  |  Link
2Bdecided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Sega View Post
VidFire can actually be done in Avisynth.
Yes, you can convert 25p>50p>50i using MVtools using AVIsynth.

IMO VidFIRE is a slightly more subtle, and far less artefact-prone process than what you get from MVtools. It's likely though that the worst artefacts of VidFIRE are simply edited out manually; if so, it's not possible to make a fair comparison.

Cheers,
David.
2Bdecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 01:35   #24  |  Link
zilog jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
No, VidFIRE may sound similar, but the fluid motion it restores is completely fake i.e. re-created. AFAICT it is normally used with telerecordings where the two fields are completely inseparable / blurred, or even where there's only one field present (skip-field telerecording).
I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying. I thought it actually recreated something using what original fields were left on the film (so assumed it wouldn't work with skip-field, spot wobble, etc.) but I guess not.
zilog jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avisynth, filters