Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 24th March 2008, 22:34   #3961  |  Link
Tegeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Does ShowTime still play E-AC3 tracks? Can you still use the "Nero Audio Decoder 2" in GraphEdit (after having renamed Graphedit.exe to Recode.exe)?
I haven't tried to make ShowTime play an E-AC3 yet, but the Nero Audio Decoder 2 does not appear in GraphEdit even with the renamed EXE (Vista x64 SP1), Nero licenses are in order as well.

Last edited by Tegeril; 24th March 2008 at 22:36.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:36   #3962  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegeril View Post
I haven't tried to make ShowTime play an E-AC3 yet, but the Nero Audio Decoder 2 does not appear in GraphEdit even with the renamed EXE.
Then eac3to is totally innocent. The Vista SP1 seems to have "uninstalled" some parts of your Nero installation. I'd suggest to uninstall Nero and reinstall it. FWIW, Nero 7 survived Vista SP1 on my Vista 64bit laptop and eac3to still happily decodes with the Nero Audio Decoder on that laptop on Vista 64bit SP1.
Old 25th March 2008, 02:18   #3963  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

all the hd dvds i made with 2.35 were fine so far, but had problem with the new system when combining the new command e.g. 1) with the old ones 1:... 2:.. then I got messages like audio conversion not supported, container not supported (dont have a log atm). so I had to stick with the old system. maybe I just did something wrong though
Old 25th March 2008, 02:31   #3964  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

Quick question, and I'm very sorry if this has been covered somewhere in the previous 199 pages. I did some searching for the last couple hours but have not been able to find anything related to this issue. My question, I am attempting to convert the DD+ audio to track from the HD-DVD of Bourne Supremacacy to ac3 but am running into an issue when i mux the converted ac3 back in with the Vc-1. The audio is about .5 seconds behind the video. I've attempted to use the following command in eac3to to correct the issue:

eac3to bourne.ddp bourne.ac3 +500

This is done in an effort to delay the ac3 but half a second and sync/mux it with the video. I get the following error message however:

"E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 1:48:25, 1536kbits/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27db
This audio conversion is not supported.

I've also tried these commands with the same exact error message:

eac3to bourne.eac3 bourne.ac3 +500
eac3to bourne.ddp bourne.ddp +500
eac3to bourne.eac3 bourne.eac3 +500

Please note that for each of these commands I used EVODemux and changed the extensions under options to match whatever extension i used in those commands.

Can anyone help to either inform me of an error in my commands or how this .5 second delay can be added to the audio track, in whatever format it will work in (i.e. ac3, ddp, etc...)

Thanks.
Old 25th March 2008, 02:32   #3965  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
all the hd dvds i made with 2.35 were fine so far, but had problem with the new system when combining the new command e.g. 1) with the old ones 1:... 2:.. then I got messages like audio conversion not supported, container not supported (dont have a log atm). so I had to stick with the old system. maybe I just did something wrong though
I believe you did. I hadn't any problems with these new options.
Old 25th March 2008, 02:39   #3966  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadcoreHD View Post
Quick question, and I'm very sorry if this has been covered somewhere in the previous 199 pages. I did some searching for the last couple hours but have not been able to find anything related to this issue. My question, I am attempting to convert the DD+ audio to track from the HD-DVD of Bourne Supremacacy to ac3 but am running into an issue when i mux the converted ac3 back in with the Vc-1. The audio is about .5 seconds behind the video. I've attempted to use the following command in eac3to to correct the issue:

eac3to bourne.ddp bourne.ac3 +500

This is done in an effort to delay the ac3 but half a second and sync/mux it with the video. I get the following error message however:

"E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 1:48:25, 1536kbits/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27db
This audio conversion is not supported.

I've also tried these commands with the same exact error message:

eac3to bourne.eac3 bourne.ac3 +500
eac3to bourne.ddp bourne.ddp +500
eac3to bourne.eac3 bourne.eac3 +500

Please note that for each of these commands I used EVODemux and changed the extensions under options to match whatever extension i used in those commands.

Can anyone help to either inform me of an error in my commands or how this .5 second delay can be added to the audio track, in whatever format it will work in (i.e. ac3, ddp, etc...)

Thanks.
Bourne Supremacy is known to have audio sync problems, but these haven't been solved, because of no real interest by anyone of us (including me) who have the disc. Don't know why... Maybe providing a sample for madshi could help, but you'll have to wait for his responce, whether he needs it.

To delay you have to type +500ms and i belive you have to put -500ms from what you are saying above (what do you mean with "dehind"?).

Last edited by nautilus7; 25th March 2008 at 16:03.
Old 25th March 2008, 02:42   #3967  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
When you're dealing with the title sets you've got to watch how many .evos were used. If it's only one .evo then the tracks will start with 1:, otherwise they start with 2:, 1: being the joined evo track. That's probably what threw you off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadcoreHD View Post
Try demuxing the audio with eac3to from the original evo files. This way eac3to will apply the delay by default and you don't have to worry about it.

Edit: Didn't know about the sync problems nautilus7 pointed out. I'd still demux with eac3to though.
Old 25th March 2008, 03:57   #3968  |  Link
Tegeril

Quote:
Then eac3to is totally innocent. The Vista SP1 seems to have "uninstalled" some parts of your Nero installation. I'd suggest to uninstall Nero and reinstall it. FWIW, Nero 7 survived Vista SP1 on my Vista 64bit laptop and eac3to still happily decodes with the Nero Audio Decoder on that laptop on Vista 64bit SP1.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Edit: Told Nero to repair itself and all is well again.

Last edited by Tegeril; 25th March 2008 at 05:03.
Old 25th March 2008, 05:17   #3969  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post

To delay you to type +500ms and i belive you have to put -500ms from what you are saying above.
Nautilus, thank you so much. worked perfectly!

Yraen, your suggestion worked as well. Thanks to both of of you for your quick responses and assistance.

Last edited by QuadcoreHD; 25th March 2008 at 05:19.
Old 25th March 2008, 05:28   #3970  |  Link
vaioslar

Recently I got We Are Marshall Blu-Ray which has TrueHD track. I tried to downconvert this stream to DTS 1,5MBit but without success...

I Used Xport to demux the streams.. In EAC3TO I get the following (error):

When Using Libav:
Code:
TrueHD/AC3, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
Extracting TrueHD stream...
Removing dialog normalization...
Writing WAVs...
[libav] Lossless check failed - expected 4e, calcula
This track is not clean. <----?
[libav] Substream 1 parity check failed
[libav] Substream 1 checksum failed
[libav] Substream 1 length mismatch.
The libav decoder reported an error while decoding.
When using Nero:
Code:
TrueHD/AC3, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
Extracting TrueHD stream...
Removing dialog normalization...
Decoding with DirectShow (Nero Audio Decoder 2)
This track is not clean.  <----?
DirectShow reports 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
Writing WAVs...
Creating/writing file "WAM.R.wav"...
Creating/writing file "WAM.L.wav"...
Creating/writing file "WAM.C.wav"...
Creating/writing file "WAM.LFE.wav"...
Creating/writing file "WAM.SL.wav"...
Creating/writing file "WAM.SR.wav"...
In the second try...Everything looks normal, but actually this writing of WAVs starts and ends in 1 sec making 1mb WAVs..

It is the first time I had to use -nero in this pc. So can it be an error with Nero?

What is the problem? Enlighten me...

Last edited by vaioslar; 25th March 2008 at 05:37.
Old 25th March 2008, 05:46   #3971  |  Link
Cinema Squid

Many thanks madshi for the excellent tool! I have a technical question for you, if you are willing to answer it:

Where are you getting the channel count, sample rate, and bit depth values for DTS-HD High Resolution and Master Audio streams?

I haven't seen much out there in terms of header docs for the HD part of these two formats (although the info in the DTS core is easy enough to extract), so it remains a bit of a mystery to me. If you could at least tell me if this info is in the header block prefixed with the 0x64582025 magic number, that would be very helpful since I should be able to use my own test streams to spot similarities and differences.
Old 25th March 2008, 07:47   #3972  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaioslar View Post
Recently I got We Are Marshall Blu-Ray which has TrueHD track. I tried to downconvert this stream to DTS 1,5MBit but without success...

I Used Xport to demux the streams..
I'm quite sure that this is not xport's fault, but it would be worth a try to demux with eac3to instead xport.

Quote:
It is the first time I had to use -nero in this pc. So can it be an error with Nero?
No, eac3to aborts processing when it finds that a track is not clean. The "not clean" warning comes from eac3to. I think that either demuxing gone wrong, or your rip is bad (try reripping with the AnyDVD HD ripping tool), or the Blu-Ray has an authoring fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Squid View Post
Where are you getting the channel count, sample rate, and bit depth values for DTS-HD High Resolution and Master Audio streams?

I haven't seen much out there in terms of header docs for the HD part of these two formats (although the info in the DTS core is easy enough to extract), so it remains a bit of a mystery to me. If you could at least tell me if this info is in the header block prefixed with the 0x64582025 magic number, that would be very helpful since I should be able to use my own test streams to spot similarities and differences.
I wish I had some kind of header documentation myself... The only information I'm getting from the DTS-HD blocks is whether the stream is High Resolution or Master Audio. All other values are taken from the core. This is known to be incorrect sometimes because sometimes the core is only 5.1 but the DTS-HD blocks extend that to 7.1. eac3to cannot properly detect this situation right now cause I don't know myself how to parse the information in the DTS-HD blocks. If you find out how it works I'd be happy to hear from you...
Old 25th March 2008, 09:04   #3973  |  Link
vaioslar

Quote:
I'm quite sure that this is not xport's fault, but it would be worth a try to demux with eac3to instead xport.

No, eac3to aborts processing when it finds that a track is not clean. The "not clean" warning comes from eac3to. I think that either demuxing gone wrong, or your rip is bad (try reripping with the AnyDVD HD ripping tool), or the Blu-Ray has an authoring fault.
Well..Finally xport did not demux it right. Tried to Fix CRC errors without access. Finally I got demuxed the TrueHD track using tsMuxeR, and succeeded to encode this to DTS....

Thank you
Old 25th March 2008, 09:05   #3974  |  Link
yonta

I remuxed a full Blu-ray movie to mkv with eac3to and it worked great!
The source is AVC/LPCM and uses seamless branching over 3 files.
Eac3to reported 1 frame overlap at the first joint, 2 frames at the 2nd, and 3 frames at the very end of the movie?
I checked a/v sync with mpc's dubbing feature (mkv and flac from lpcm) and I could detect -100ms or so audio delay after the 2nd joint.
So, I remuxed again, this time eac3to used video overlap info and gave me a perfect remux.

I went ahead and did another full remux (no seamless branching) and eac3to again reported video overlaps for 3 frames at the very end of the movie.
Is this normal?
The remuxed mkv plays just fine, perfect sync and smooth seeking.

Great job, madshi!
Old 25th March 2008, 09:30   #3975  |  Link
THCM

Quote:
eac3to v2.35 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* fixed broken EVO support
Yes, it fixed it. Thx again!
Old 25th March 2008, 10:38   #3976  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Well..Finally xport did not demux it right. Tried to Fix CRC errors without access. Finally I got demuxed the TrueHD track using tsMuxeR, and succeeded to encode this to DTS....
It would be very interesting to know whether eac3to v2.35 is able to demux that track correctly. Could you please test that? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonta View Post
I remuxed a full Blu-ray movie to mkv with eac3to and it worked great!
The source is AVC/LPCM and uses seamless branching over 3 files.
Eac3to reported 1 frame overlap at the first joint, 2 frames at the 2nd, and 3 frames at the very end of the movie?
I checked a/v sync with mpc's dubbing feature (mkv and flac from lpcm) and I could detect -100ms or so audio delay after the 2nd joint.
One frame is about 41.7ms. So the audio delay mathematically should have been around -125ms.

Quote:
So, I remuxed again, this time eac3to used video overlap info and gave me a perfect remux.
Audio sync should be good. But you might have an ever so slightly micro stutter at the join points. The better solution would be for eac3to to cut audio frames instead of making the video stream overlap. But eac3to doesn't officially support m2ts file joining yet, so...

I guess you joined the m2ts files first with TsRemuxer? Which movies was this with the video overlaps at the join points?

Quote:
I went ahead and did another full remux (no seamless branching) and eac3to again reported video overlaps for 3 frames at the very end of the movie.
Is this normal?
I've done a few movies myself in the meanwhile. It seems to be normal that there is a complaint about some frames at the very end of the movie. You can safely ignore this. Don't rerun the mux. Just leave it that way and ignore that warning. A future version of eac3to will silently surpress such warnings if they happen in the last few seconds of the movie. However, the warnings about the join points are valid and redoing the mux with the gaps file does make sense in such cases (for now, as long as eac3to doesn't have special code for m2ts file joining yet).
Old 25th March 2008, 11:54   #3977  |  Link
yonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
Audio sync should be good. But you might have an ever so slightly micro stutter at the join points. The better solution would be for eac3to to cut audio frames instead of making the video stream overlap. But eac3to doesn't officially support m2ts file joining yet, so...
The stutters were hardly noticeable maybe because they were happening at scene changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
I guess you joined the m2ts files first with TsRemuxer? Which movies was this with the video overlaps at the join points?
It was The Rookie and I didn't join the files before remuxing.
I wasn't sure about tsMuxeR (you mean this, right?) being able to take care of seamless branching so, I just gave eac3to a shot.

My command line was like this.
Code:
first command: eac3to.exe 1.m2ts+2.m2ts+3.m2ts 1: video.mkv 2: audio.flac
second command: eac3to.exe 1.m2ts+2.m2ts+3.m2ts 1: video.mkv
What's gonna happen with the infamous Ratatouille?

Last edited by yonta; 25th March 2008 at 11:56.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:28   #3978  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
The stutters were hardly noticeable maybe because they were happening at scene changes.
Makes sense.

Quote:
It was The Rookie and I didn't join the files before remuxing.
I wasn't sure about tsMuxeR (you mean this, right?) being able to take care of seamless branching so, I just gave eac3to a shot.

My command line was like this.
Code:
first command: eac3to.exe 1.m2ts+2.m2ts+3.m2ts 1: video.mkv 2: audio.flac
second command: eac3to.exe 1.m2ts+2.m2ts+3.m2ts 1: video.mkv
Honestly, I wasn't expecting that to work... It might actually work ok, but probably only if the timecodes of the m2ts fragments are continuous.

Quote:
What's gonna happen with the infamous Ratatouille?
Just give it a try, but I think it won't work at all. If it doesn't, please don't post a big bug report about it cause officially m2ts file joining is not supposed to work yet, anyway.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:28   #3979  |  Link
Kal

Hi there!

I have a blu-ray movie in multi m2ts files :/
I just want to extract french audio track, how could i do that ? copy /b all m2ts files and then apply eac3to to get my audio track ?
Old 25th March 2008, 14:36   #3980  |  Link
nautilus7

Yes, that's right.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to