Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th April 2012, 20:56   #14961  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Does this mean speedmenu enabled rips can nolonger be processed?
It will process them -- but if it fails, it will be reported in the log so I'm not chasing snipe (as has happened in the past) -- and I won't accept bug reports for discs processed with SpeedMenu (just because I know it has caused incompatibility issues before).
Old 11th April 2012, 21:24   #14962  |  Link
omegaman7

Sounds good to me. People should really rip to hard disk first. And if BD rebuilder still has a problem, then they need to try without speed menu. And if successful, then Slysoft would need to be notified
Old 11th April 2012, 21:51   #14963  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Good to know. If BDRB idd does choke on a SM enabled disc there is a workarround. rip the disc, process with BDRB and let it create an iso. Mount the iso and have anydvd enabled for the virtual drive with SM's enabled and create a 2nd rep. Done, shrunk disc with speed menu's. Its a hassle but this way they'll be able to get both options.

and for the record on a personal sice. I've done 2 discs with BDRB and SM's enabled. 0 issues (not that 2 is alot)
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 22:36   #14964  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Good to know. If BDRB idd does choke on a SM enabled disc there is a workarround. rip the disc, process with BDRB and let it create an iso. Mount the iso and have anydvd enabled for the virtual drive with SM's enabled and create a 2nd rep. Done, shrunk disc with speed menu's. Its a hassle but this way they'll be able to get both options.

and for the record on a personal sice. I've done 2 discs with BDRB and SM's enabled. 0 issues (not that 2 is alot)
This of course is an ideal option as well!
Old 12th April 2012, 16:26   #14965  |  Link
Cela

'SourceCheck() 00006 2501'

@jdobbs
1. Thanks for the new beta BD Rebuilder v0.40.09 (beta).
Unfortunately it does not cure my 'SourceCheck() 00006 2501' issue:
Still exactly the same, no more detailed, error logs than in last beta:
> In the first pop-up message window 'SourceCheck() 00006 2501'
> and in the next message pop up window 'Selected source is not BD format'.
> In the log pane and in the BD-REBUILDER.LOG only a single line ' - [16:43:52] SourceCheck() 00006 2501'.
This is exactly what the last beta reported.

2. I can truely recommend those test-BDs for 'opera lovers' mentioned in #14945. I'm sure these will be available at amazon.com in the US. 'Best' performances staged in the last years.

3. P.S. 'More Errors? Probably user errors?' from #14951:
My User errors! I have overlooked the >Settings>Setup>Custom Target Size option! Sorry!

@AmigaFuture
Both parts of your statement 'Only if...you're not aware of what you're doing, AND/OR...if computer drivers/OS aren't functioning as they should' often apply to a simple user like me.
I was simply sharing my best practice when running multiAVCHD. BDRB works well and reliably in the background.

Last edited by Cela; 12th April 2012 at 16:32.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 03:10   #14966  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetMan View Post
Hey jdobbs, you able to test out smurfs like this post?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...52#post1568552
0.40.09 did not fix Smurfs. Tangled and How to Train You Dragon did come out perfect, same settings.
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 04:55   #14967  |  Link
omegaman7

I looked at your screenshots. That's pretty weird. I still have "The Smurfs" on the back burner. I don't recall which version of anydvd I used, but I'll run the job tonight, watch it at some point tomorrow, and let you know

I see you have the automatic cropping of borders enabled. I've had very sketchy results with that setting. I recommend shutting that off.

Last edited by omegaman7; 13th April 2012 at 04:58.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 16:47   #14968  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
@jdobbs
1. Thanks for the new beta BD Rebuilder v0.40.09 (beta).
Unfortunately it does not cure my 'SourceCheck() 00006 2501' issue:
Still exactly the same, no more detailed, error logs than in last beta:
> In the first pop-up message window 'SourceCheck() 00006 2501'
> and in the next message pop up window 'Selected source is not BD format'.
> In the log pane and in the BD-REBUILDER.LOG only a single line ' - [16:43:52] SourceCheck() 00006 2501'.
This is exactly what the last beta reported.

2. I can truely recommend those test-BDs for 'opera lovers' mentioned in #14945. I'm sure these will be available at amazon.com in the US. 'Best' performances staged in the last years.

3. P.S. 'More Errors? Probably user errors?' from #14951:
My User errors! I have overlooked the >Settings>Setup>Custom Target Size option! Sorry!

@AmigaFuture
Both parts of your statement 'Only if...you're not aware of what you're doing, AND/OR...if computer drivers/OS aren't functioning as they should' often apply to a simple user like me.
I was simply sharing my best practice when running multiAVCHD. BDRB works well and reliably in the background.
$35 each... unfortunately I'm not a big opera fan. Are you 100% confident that "Anna Bolena" and/or "Rusalka" will repeat the error? My testing resources are limited and donations have been few-and-far-between lately.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:04   #14969  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
$35 each... unfortunately I'm not a big opera fan.
Boy! I'm sure that nobody would expect you to fork over $35 of your own cash to buy discs that you don't want. There's dedication, and there's,... well... too much dedication.

Has Cela said that he can process other discs just fine, and that ONLY these opera discs cause the problem? Surely the bug will show up on someone else's system, while processing a disc that you have, or one that you actually want.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 18:09   #14970  |  Link
omegaman7

If I were Cela, I would either back them up to BD-50, or I would offer to ship them to Jdobbs. There are cheap shipping methods Or I would test test test, until the reason for errors is discovered.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:56   #14971  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
$35 each... and donations have been few-and-far-between lately.
@RobertM
@omegaman7
Thanks for your advices! But I just did it my way.

@jdobbs
Thanks for your excellent service, for your willingness to help.
I guess the fist test DB is the better of the two and will help to find a solution that will remedy both (and probably others of that kind). If you are interested to investigate, you could start with 'Anna' and I will test the second one.
By the way, I just found the comfortable 'development of new apps: Donations' button. It's not a new app but an update to an existing app?

Last edited by Cela; 13th April 2012 at 19:03.
Old 13th April 2012, 19:32   #14972  |  Link
colinhunt

jdobbs, what do you think about setting up an Amazon wishlist for Blu-rays and users could, instead of PayPal donations, pay for stuff on the wishlist?
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 21:23   #14973  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
what do you think about setting up an Amazon wishlist for Blu-rays
JDobbs has said before that he prefers to just just accept donations, which he can use as he deems appropriate to help cover the costs of supporting this app.

If a list was set up as you describe, then there might be (or, probably, 'would be') be an expectation on the part of the donor that his/her issues will be addressed, seeing as they have made a targeted donation and all. This would act to trump JDobbs discretion in deciding which issues should be looked at first, and which shouldn't be looked at at all. If someone purchased an item from the list, but their issue was never resolved, then that might lead to complaining about fairness, etc., while completely forgetting that they got the app for free in the first place. Even though a wishlist would make a lot of sense for people who know how to control their expectations, it might end up being more trouble than it is worth.

Just my thoughts. JDobbs might have different thoughts on the matter.

Bob
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 22:01   #14974  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
I looked at your screenshots. That's pretty weird. I still have "The Smurfs" on the back burner. I don't recall which version of anydvd I used, but I'll run the job tonight, watch it at some point tomorrow, and let you know

I see you have the automatic cropping of borders enabled. I've had very sketchy results with that setting. I recommend shutting that off.
Turned off auto crop of borders - finally a perfect output of The Smurfs
Old 13th April 2012, 22:05   #14975  |  Link
omegaman7

If you must remove the borders, Ripbot can do it. There's probably other apps too BD rebuilder is more a full backup solution. Much like dvd rebuilder. Though it's extra features are definitely wonderful, when one needs them.
Old 13th April 2012, 23:54   #14976  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
If you must remove the borders, Ripbot can do it. There's probably other apps too BD rebuilder is more a full backup solution. Much like dvd rebuilder. Though it's extra features are definitely wonderful, when one needs them.
For this title, there was nothing I was looking to crop so I am still pleased with the outcome. Option was already on from the others I was doing, some I wanted them cropped, some did not matter at all, but this was the only title stumbling with it, for whatever reason. Thanks!
Old 14th April 2012, 10:53   #14977  |  Link
colinhunt

I import quite a lot of discs from far away places. This practice brought on one of the weirdest titles I've seen in recent times. The disc in question is GOEMON, from Japan. Here are specs of the main movie:

>>>

Disc Title: GOEMON_DISC1
Disc Size: 47,982,759,016 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: No
BDInfo: 0.5.2

PLAYLIST REPORT:
Name: 00001.MPLS
Size: 40,035,219,456 bytes
Length: 2:07:51 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate: 41.75 Mbps
Description:

VIDEO:
Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-4 AVC Video 31462 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
MPEG-4 AVC Video 609 kbps 480p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 3.2

AUDIO:
Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Dolby TrueHD Audio Japanese 4000 kbps 6.1 / 48 kHz / 4000 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Core: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps)
Dolby Digital Audio Japanese 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio Japanese 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps

>>>

I tried to do a movie-only backup with only THD audio and one subtitle track. Right at the beginning of A/V streams extractions phase a dialog window pops up:

>>>
Audio Detection Mismatch
The audio type determined from reading PAT/PMT program information (THD) does not match the detected audio (MPA). In many cases, this is caused by emulation of audio headers (false detection) and the PAT/PMT type is the correct type. Hit Yes to use the PAT/PMT type. Hit No to use the detected type. Hit Cancel to disable this stream.
>>>

It does not matter if I click Yes or No, the end result is the same: at the start of the movie audio sync is OK but it starts drifting slowly out-of-sync. By the end of the movie audio is several seconds out of sync. I also noticed an odd effect when playing the backup: the playback frame rate appears to fluctuate for a second or two after I skip forwards or backwards in the movie. Admittedly this could be caused by PowerDVD but it's something I've never seen it do before.

(And while BDinfo reports the TrueHD track as 6.1 channel, PowerDVD says it's 6.0. But that's the same on both the original and the backup. MediaInfo says the THD track is 5.1, not 6.1.)

Last edited by colinhunt; 14th April 2012 at 10:59.
Old 14th April 2012, 10:57   #14978  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
"Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here" is part of The Immersion Box Set. This set contains 2 cd's, 2 dvd's and 1 blu-ray.
I ran a Full Backup of the Blu-ray with 0.40.08. Got an "Audio PGS size too large. Continue Yes/No?" dialog box and selected 'Yes'. Backup finished without further warnings. I burned the backup on disc and tested it in a couple of stand-alones: works fine. (PowerDVD11 crashes, however.)
Old 14th April 2012, 14:42   #14979  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
@RobertM
@omegaman7
Thanks for your advices! But I just did it my way.

@jdobbs
Thanks for your excellent service, for your willingness to help.
I guess the fist test DB is the better of the two and will help to find a solution that will remedy both (and probably others of that kind). If you are interested to investigate, you could start with 'Anna' and I will test the second one.
By the way, I just found the comfortable 'development of new apps: Donations' button. It's not a new app but an update to an existing app?
I don't think I understand. I thought you'd already tested these and found an error. The question I asked is: If I get "Anna Bolena" -- will I get the 00006 2501 error you reported?
Old 14th April 2012, 20:34   #14980  |  Link
Cela

*** unintended double post deleted by author***

Last edited by Cela; 14th April 2012 at 21:17.