Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th December 2017, 19:35   #441  |  Link
ErichV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO88 View Post
Hey guys
I think that was already answered, but how do I apply the keys in makeMKV? where does the key go to decrypt a UHDBD

Thank you in advance for the help
Let's have a look here: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/12
ErichV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 22:37   #442  |  Link
walstib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Absolutely, I would gladly contribute to the cause. I have nearly 200 UHD BDs so I could definitely help out.
would do so too. I recently jumped to about 100 UHD discs...
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 03:14   #443  |  Link
Ducs_Of_Hazzard

I understand that AnyDVD HD will also alow you to use these keys with their latest release.

Does anyone know how to create that file and where to save it?

Thanks In Advance!
Ducs_Of_Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 03:47   #444  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducs_Of_Hazzard View Post
I understand that AnyDVD HD will also alow you to use these keys with their latest release.

Does anyone know how to create that file and where to save it?

Thanks In Advance!
It's just a text file with the keys that have been posted. In the AnyDVD settings, go to Video Blu-ray, and then UHD. There you can specify the filename and location. By default it's looking for UHDKeys.txt in your Documents/AnyDVDHD folder.
Old 20th December 2017, 04:04   #445  |  Link
Ducs_Of_Hazzard

Wow thanks for the quick reply SamuriHL!

So no special formatting in the file? Just copy & paste! How easy is that.

Thanks Again!
Ducs_Of_Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 04:34   #446  |  Link
SamuriHL

That's correct, yes. Enjoy!
Old 20th December 2017, 06:30   #447  |  Link
Jeff R 1

Now we just need Konsts to cough up some more keys.

You need to send a PM to James over at RedFox on how you're doing it, or at least where you're getting them from.
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 06:45   #448  |  Link
maxda1

I am sure it would be the best Christmas gift ever for a lot of people if Konsts share his method.
It is for sure that sooner or later someone will share the method, but it would be nice if Konsts share it right now.
And he would be the first to share it, I guess it is really something even for him!
maxda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 15:34   #449  |  Link
Myce

Besides MakeMKV, also AnyDVD HD supports the leaked keys right now:

https://www.myce.com/news/redfox-add...-1-beta-83283/

And DVDFab is planning to add support too:

https://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-sup...ripping-83304/

You do need an Ultra HD Blu-ray friendly drive, we have an overview with direct links here:

https://www.myce.com/news/the-ultima...t-drive-83254/
Myce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 18:11   #450  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Wouldn't it make more sense to start a new thread for UHD keys only?
In the end it's a different format
Old 20th December 2017, 21:29   #451  |  Link
jerrycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to start a new thread for UHD keys only?
In the end it's a different format
Not really. AACS 1.0 and 2.0 are basically the same, with 2.0 mandating an extra item or two that were optional in 1.0. (That's my understanding, anyway.) Sure, the begging for more VUKs is a bit annoying, if understandable. That's no reason to force everybody into another thread, though. A mod can lay the hammer down if things get out-of-hand.
jerrycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2017, 10:19   #452  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycan View Post
Not really. AACS 1.0 and 2.0 are basically the same, with 2.0 mandating an extra item or two that were optional in 1.0. (That's my understanding, anyway.) Sure, the begging for more VUKs is a bit annoying, if understandable. That's no reason to force everybody into another thread, though. A mod can lay the hammer down if things get out-of-hand.
It simply doesn't matter.
While there are far more resemblances than differences between BD and UHD or vice-versa, they are still two different products and one may be tricked thinking he has the keys for the BD when they are for the UHD (today, this is not really an issue, with so few titles existing in UHD, but think about tomorrow).

But this is only my opinion.
Old 21st December 2017, 17:58   #453  |  Link
BigPines

I think you could make an argument to split UHD keys into their own thread. However, I don't think it makes sense. Think about how the keys will be used. The apps that can take advantage of these keys can also take advantage of regular BD keys. We are only going to want one KeyDB.cfg file with all keys in it whether BD or UHD-BD.

My $.02
BigPines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2017, 00:37   #454  |  Link
Timmehh

Finally passed my first 5 days to be able to post. I've used the cfg file to successfully rip Salt and The Amazing Spiderman 2. Looking for help with the following:

I see Deadpool in the list of AACS 2.0 volume keys in the cfg but can't rip my copy for some reason.

As others have stated, I'd like to help with these volume keys if possible as there are a few discs I have that I can't rip:
Planet Earth 2
Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children
Wonder Woman
Baby Driver

Last edited by Timmehh; 22nd December 2017 at 00:39. Reason: remove title
Timmehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2017, 03:29   #455  |  Link
walstib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmehh View Post
Finally passed my first 5 days to be able to post. I've used the cfg file to successfully rip Salt and The Amazing Spiderman 2. Looking for help with the following:

I see Deadpool in the list of AACS 2.0 volume keys in the cfg but can't rip my copy for some reason.

As others have stated, I'd like to help with these volume keys if possible as there are a few discs I have that I can't rip:
Planet Earth 2
Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children
Wonder Woman
Baby Driver
uhd titles even in same region may have different keys. this is a problem even for deuhd. fact of life. i have several titles on the vuk list that wont rip because of this. oh well.

until a solution exists that can figure it out for you based on your disc this is what you will have to live with.

nevertheless between vuk and deuhd i am quite content!
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2017, 01:31   #456  |  Link
spacecallie

my uhd friendly drive

hi i just wanted to ask i bought the be16nu50 because i saw it was recommended on the deuhd site under uhd friendly drives.i can get the drive to read the disc contents but however when i tried adding some keys for hacksaw ridge in make Mkv the program fails to successfully open the 4k disc,is there something i'm missing? is there a way to know if ive used the keys properly?
spacecallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2017, 02:47   #457  |  Link
Relight

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecallie View Post
when i tried adding some keys for hacksaw ridge in make Mkv the program fails to successfully open the 4k disc,is there something i'm missing? is there a way to know if ive used the keys properly?
This thread is for posting keys, it's not really for program support. You should probably post your question on the MakeMKV forums, not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konsts View Post
editing a single message or posing new blocks in separate messages.
Thanks very much for the keys konsts, I know everyone appreciates your work and is looking forward to more Will just add my +1 to posting new blocks in new messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Absolutely, I would gladly contribute to the cause. I have nearly 200 UHD BDs so I could definitely help out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walstib View Post
would do so too. I recently jumped to about 100 UHD discs...
Obviously keys would be ideal if the method to determine them was public, but unfortunately since it's not and while we're waiting, I know it would be super helpful if you folks with large collections could submit AACS dumps generated by MakeMKV as per the instructions on their forums, since doing so would help expand MakeMKV's UHD support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to start a new thread for UHD keys only? In the end it's a different format
In the context of UHD discs, UHD is short for "Ultra HD Blu-ray" - so UHDs are actually still considered Blu-ray discs. I think it's fine to keep them in the same thread, and I agree with the point made by BigPines.

Now if I was a mod, I would split all this off-topic discussion into a UHD Ripping discussion thread (as per the "post questions in the forum" note in this thread title!), and split the keys into a new UHD keys thread, but I'm not, so... the mods will do it if they want to.
Relight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2017, 02:20   #458  |  Link
spacecallie

volume keys help

i think i found the answer i needed about mkv,just wanted to thank relight for sending me in the right direction
spacecallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2017, 01:10   #459  |  Link
jediknight

can anyone help me to how to get AACS 2.0 keys ? i have a Drive "ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00".
jediknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2017, 06:52   #460  |  Link
Relight

AFAIK there is no public method at this time. We can only wait for keys to be posted here or elsewhere.

Also remember as per the thread title, this thread is not for discussion/questions! Start a new thread if you have questions.
Relight is offline   Reply With Quote