Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd May 2010, 22:15   #11781  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
@albain

Could you have a look at the crash that Keiyakusha reported? There basically is a crash when right-clicking on the tray icon when both ffdshow video decoder and the raw video decoder are in the same filter graph.
Sorry, I was away, this is fixed in revision 3452

Last edited by albain; 23rd May 2010 at 22:34.
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:31   #11782  |  Link
jhoff80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Apologies if this was mentioned already. It's a problem I've had for a long time, and never got around to troubleshooting until now, so I never posted it.

Basically, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with Windows Media Center and the x64 versions of FFDShow-tryouts. Unfortunately, pretty much any build newer than the betas just doesn't work in Windows Media Center any more.

I've already used Win7DSFilterTweaker, both to set FFDShow as the default and to disable Media Foundation.

Upon playing the file, what I'm left with is a frozen background. This happens with any file type set to use ffdshow, regardless of whether I'm using DXVA or not.

As I mentioned, the older betas work 100% with all of my files. I just wanted to update to take advantage of newer features.

The PC is a Core 2 Quad Q6600, 8GB RAM, and an ATI 4850 (running Catalyst 10.4), if that matters.

Also, it's definitely some sort of interaction with Media Center, because using MPC-HC with all internal filters disabled, files play correctly. Unfortunately, because of how my system is set up for recording premium cable content, anything other than Media Center is not an option though.

I even did a new install of Windows 7 today and it was an issue even with that.
I figured it out. The "Connect as PCM first" option in the audio decoder passthrough breaks things in Windows Media Center. Disabling that makes it work perfectly.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 01:01   #11783  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
Sorry, I was away, this is fixed in revision 3452
Yep, seems to be fixed. Thank you!

EDIT: however if "add tray icon menu to player's stream/languages menu" is active and i'm trying to turn on/off subtitles - MPC-HC with ffdshow crashes.
EDIT2: or better to say this option now has no effect. Tray icon menu always there. If I selecting subtitles in tray icon menu - it works.
Also I noticed another problem, if I'm trying to select mplayer temporal noise reducer, libavcodec crashes...

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 24th May 2010 at 03:13.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 02:15   #11784  |  Link
DigitalDeviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant View Post
Positioning is fixed but there are some ugly lines through some subtitles and the subpic borders show some junk too. I notice it on other Bluray discs too.

Edit: It pappears with all usable scalers and with both RGB and YV12. Additionally the above sample shows a greenish tint on the subtitle outline with YV12 output.
The garbage lines appear fixed now except when there are two subtitles on screen at the same time. It's getting much closer to perfect, thanks albain.
Old 24th May 2010, 04:47   #11785  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

so I guess this is non-negotiable?

seriously:

It doesn't happen for ffdshow audio...so why do you force it for ffdshow video?

After you've spent a lot of time working on automatic profiles, you couldn't care less about all this...all it does is filling my HTPC screen w/ useless stuff, and require one more click to reach "setup" on the very top of the screen

It'd be really nice if you could add an option to disable all those shorcuts, in order to make it the way it was before...hope you will consider it

Last edited by leeperry; 24th May 2010 at 05:00.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 10:54   #11786  |  Link
Sarasa
Lost In The Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
I'll take a look at it, but not in a while. I'm very busy right now.
Thank's and take your time
MPCHC - madVR - Lav Filters - XySubFilter
Sarasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 14:27   #11787  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
@ clsid and devs.
Hi. First of all, just now I noticed that enabling/disabling checkboxes on this page of RAW filter also affects subtitle filter. Is that how it supposed to be?

Second. We discussed about removing pins a bit more, so here is the situation:

We have some source with subtitles.
We want to use RAW filter as postprocessor.
But we don't want to use ffdshow subtitles in this postprocessor.
However RAW filter stealing subpicture connection.

Making separate options for RAW and subtitle filters should fix this issue, since when we disable all chechboxes in subtitle settings page, subpictures can't connect to raw filter (which is what we want).
The raw filter and the raw subtitle filter currently share their settings.

Please explain why you are having both in the same graph, because I see no reason for it. In fact, it is just very inefficient to do so.
Old 24th May 2010, 14:32   #11788  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

seriously:
I am not sure what the rationale was behind this change. Maybe Albain can explain. Maybe for selecting subs?

Perhaps we could show just an on/off for subtitles in there, instead of showing all the filters.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:34   #11789  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Please explain why you are having both in the same graph, because I see no reason for it. In fact, it is just very inefficient to do so.
No its not about two in the same graph. Midzuki saying that there is situation when subtitles connected to raw filter when we don't want this and proposed remove intext pins from raw filter. And I was saying that this can't/shouldn't be done, and that if that really happens - there should be another ways to solve that (without affecting subtitles filter).
Also having the same options kind of defeats the purpose of having separate subtitles filter at all.

By the way there probably can be confusion because it is not obvious enough that here, if checkbox that marked red is unchecked, this options marked blue still has effect on intext pin behavior and thats why he says that RAW filter "stealing" connection.

Quote:
You probably haven't seen MPC-HC yet.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 24th May 2010 at 17:09.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:52   #11790  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:

seriously:

It doesn't happen for ffdshow audio...so why do you force it for ffdshow video?

After you've spent a lot of time working on automatic profiles, you couldn't care less about all this...all it does is filling my HTPC screen w/ useless stuff, and require one more click to reach "setup" on the very top of the screen

It'd be really nice if you could add an option to disable all those shorcuts, in order to make it the way it was before...hope you will consider it
+1 from me
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 16:56   #11791  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
I am not sure what the rationale was behind this change. Maybe Albain can explain. Maybe for selecting subs?

Perhaps we could show just an on/off for subtitles in there, instead of showing all the filters.
I dunno, but it takes one more click to reach "setup"...I liked it the way it was before tbh

one click > the ffdshow config panel opens: perfect!

but this new layout is good if you're still messing around w/ the settings, so a simple checkbox to enable all those shortcuts would be really great....best of both worlds!
Old 24th May 2010, 17:11   #11792  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
No its not about two in the same graph. Midzuki saying that there is situation when subtitles connected to raw filter when we don't want this and proposed remove intext pins from raw filter. And I was saying that this can't/shouldn't be done, and that if that really happens - there should be another ways to solve that (without affecting subtitles filter).
Also having the same options kind of defeats the purpose of having separate subtitles filter at all.
No pins will be removed.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:16   #11793  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

oh and BTW, I know I still believe in Santa Claus...but if there were a way you guys could look into this bug report, that'd be really sweet: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...41&atid=867360

because I posted a sample a little while ago, and some AC3 files are 5.1 but seem to be tagged as stereo..so using the ffdshow built-in AC3 decoders, it will trigger the stereo automatic profile

using AC3Filter fixes the problem altogether, but ffdshow is unable to detect the number of channels...for some reason
Old 24th May 2010, 18:14   #11794  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

anyway, I tried the new layout...it doesn't seem to work for me

I've got the Avisynth filter enabled and ticked, if I click on it...it enables the "Offset" filter

if I click on "Overlay", it flips the picture?! it looks like none of those things are doing what they are supposed to for me..
Old 24th May 2010, 20:15   #11795  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
No pins will be removed.
Does that mean the end-user will be allowed to control their (mis)behavior { i.e., enable/disable them } ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Midzuki; 25th May 2010 at 08:30.
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 21:30   #11796  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Midzuki
Do you still see the problem if you disable all options that marked blue on this picture? Because I think if everything is disabled there, RAW filter shouldn't except connections to in-text pin. If it still accepts them, maybe this is a bug.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 24th May 2010 at 22:36.
Old 25th May 2010, 02:13   #11797  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

@ Keiyakusha:

For the time being, I can only confirm the old BUG still is present in r3448. Yes, I downloaded r3452 , and I should have checked if that BUG remains unsolved, however I uninstalled r3452 as soon as I found out a brand-new problem — the raw video filter "automagically resizes" the clips to an incorrect aspect ratio, even if it has all of its checkboxes unticked.

EDIT:

Just a "wild guess" — maybe the new BUG happens only when the monitor is set to the "outdated" 800x600 resolution.

Last edited by Midzuki; 25th May 2010 at 03:40. Reason: add emphasis
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:34   #11798  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant View Post
The garbage lines appear fixed now except when there are two subtitles on screen at the same time. It's getting much closer to perfect, thanks albain.
Hi,

On my test 3453 fix it
Thank you Albain as usual
Seb.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:53   #11799  |  Link
DigitalDeviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastiii View Post
Hi,

On my test 3453 fix it
Thank you Albain as usual
Seb.
On this sample? I don't have the setup to compile it here to test so I'll have to wait until someone makes a build available. If it doesn't work I'll make a more detailed post since after I demuxed and examined the subs the problem isn't exactly what I thought it was.

Either was, thank you Albain.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:01   #11800  |  Link
Sebastiii

hi

Try just for try lol : ffdshow_rev3453_20100525-Debug.exe

Yes it's on this sample
Cheers,
Seb.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl