Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th June 2011, 01:33   #12241  |  Link
Capsbackup

You have to select the desired audio you want in the "Setup". ex.: go to Settings, Setup and set your desired audio and subtitle tracks. You can also click on the audio track while in the regular tree view of BD-RB and select/deselect your desired audio/subtitles for each video file listed.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 01:45   #12242  |  Link
jdobbs

If you try open the audio AVS with Media Player Classic, does it play? (You may need to enable raw audio in FFDSHOW)
Old 16th June 2011, 01:52   #12243  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If you try open the audio AVS with Media Player Classic, does it play? (You may need to enable raw audio in FFDSHOW)
MPC opens the file, it shows the total time of the clip to be played, but it will not play, but only immediately goes from start to end with no sound.
Old 16th June 2011, 02:13   #12244  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
MPC opens the file, it shows the total time of the clip to be played, but it will not play, but only immediately goes from start to end with no sound.
Hmmm.... can you post the .META file that extracted the audio (it starts with "AUD_")? Also, does the DTS file look like it extracted ok? Does it play?
Old 16th June 2011, 02:50   #12245  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Hmmm.... can you post the .META file that extracted the audio (it starts with "AUD_")? Also, does the DTS file look like it extracted ok? Does it play?
I posted the meta file on the previous page with avs info.
The .dts file will open with MPC and plays, but I only get static.This happens with any .dts file, I think because of the haali version being used. ( I tested that version you asked a while back that allowed .dts files to play properly, but you determined that version was buggy, so I removed it! ) It does play properly with PowerDVD if I choose "Open With" and play it.
Some .dts files are being reencoded to .ac3 properly, but there are numerous ones, 15+, that have created a 1 kb ac3 file!
Old 16th June 2011, 03:37   #12246  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I posted the meta file on the previous page with avs info.
The .dts file will open with MPC and plays, but I only get static.This happens with any .dts file, I think because of the haali version being used. ( I tested that version you asked a while back that allowed .dts files to play properly, but you determined that version was buggy, so I removed it! ) It does play properly with PowerDVD if I choose "Open With" and play it.
Some .dts files are being reencoded to .ac3 properly, but there are numerous ones, 15+, that have created a 1 kb ac3 file!
Wrong META. That one was for the rebuild. I was looking for the one used in the extraction. I need to see if "down-to-dts" was set (it should be when reencoding to AC3).

If you are getting static -- that means it is probably still HD, regular DTS should play back (or at least it does on my system). HD would be wrong for reencoding (nicaudio.dll can't handle it).

You didn't, by chance, start the job and then change audio settings and resume maybe? I don't think that should cause an issue, but you never know.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th June 2011 at 03:43.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 04:37   #12247  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Wrong META. That one was for the rebuild. I was looking for the one used in the extraction. I need to see if "down-to-dts" was set (it should be when reencoding to AC3).

If you are getting static -- that means it is probably still HD, regular DTS should play back (or at least it does on my system). HD would be wrong for reencoding (nicaudio.dll can't handle it).

You didn't, by chance, start the job and then change audio settings and resume maybe? I don't think that should cause an issue, but you never know.
I don't see any other meta files in the Workfiles folder
The dts file will play, just not with MPC. ( PowerDVD works)
I did not stop the job once it started. I do not use batch mode either. Just straight run through to rebuild completion and shut down upon completion.

Edit;
The main video's audio track is DTS-HD, and it is demuxed to .dts correctly and is reencoded to 640kbps 5.1 .ac3 correctly.
If I manually demux the .dts track with tsMuxeR of one of these files that have a problem with BD-RB, the file size of this .dts is exactly the same as the one BD-RB demuxed in the Workfiles folder.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 16th June 2011 at 06:09.
Old 16th June 2011, 07:19   #12248  |  Link
discoballs

Quote:
You have to select the desired audio you want in the "Setup". ex.: go to Settings, Setup and set your desired audio and subtitle tracks. You can also click on the audio track while in the regular tree view of BD-RB and select/deselect your desired audio/subtitles for each video file listed.
the option to select audio is not there in tree view but I know it should be.

Quote:
I have already enabled uncompressed to 'all supported'

P.S. the original file does play sound so I know it has some in it.

Last edited by discoballs; 16th June 2011 at 07:22.
discoballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 11:59   #12249  |  Link
worknstiff

@discoballs; RE: the option to select audio is not there in tree view but I know it should be.

You failed to mention what disk you are processing and also what kind of audio files that were originally on the disk. I have seen the problem you are refering to on a few disk before, but can't remember which ones, maybe the Last Emperor, Max & Me, or one of the Girl with Dragon Tattoo's. The audio was there but BD_RB was not able to recognize it. I ended up pre-processing (used either ClownBD or TsmuxeR GUI) it to remove the audio and rebuild it to a BD output that had 640k 5.1 audio that BD_RB was happy to use. I seen to remember it was some LPCM weird bitrate that was not being recognised. Hope this helps
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 17:16   #12250  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I don't see any other meta files in the Workfiles folder
The dts file will play, just not with MPC. ( PowerDVD works)
I did not stop the job once it started. I do not use batch mode either. Just straight run through to rebuild completion and shut down upon completion.

Edit;
The main video's audio track is DTS-HD, and it is demuxed to .dts correctly and is reencoded to 640kbps 5.1 .ac3 correctly.
If I manually demux the .dts track with tsMuxeR of one of these files that have a problem with BD-RB, the file size of this .dts is exactly the same as the one BD-RB demuxed in the Workfiles folder.
The META should be there. It's called "AUD_00044.META".

Interesting -- so you're saying the file demuxed directly by TSMUXER directly is also 1K long?

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th June 2011 at 17:18.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:20   #12251  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
Not a "dodgy USB interface" - internal SATA with standard SMB shares. And it doesn't matter whether it's a NAS or another Win7 computer on the wired gigabit LAN. I have four Windows 7 desktops and two NAS servers on my LAN and the problem manifests itself on any SMB share (even on the local machine). Not saying there may not be an OS issue, but I haven't seen this problem with other programs.
Ok. I think I have it working using UNC paths. I'm doing a test run of an encode now. The problem was an oddity (that, by the way, I couldn't find documented in the Microsoft docs) in the O/S's "CreateFile()" function as BD-RB is collecting filesizes when working with UNC filenames. Luckily a google search found someone who discussed it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th June 2011 at 17:22.
Old 16th June 2011, 18:13   #12252  |  Link
discoballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@discoballs; RE: the option to select audio is not there in tree view but I know it should be.

You failed to mention what disk you are processing and also what kind of audio files that were originally on the disk. I have seen the problem you are refering to on a few disk before, but can't remember which ones, maybe the Last Emperor, Max & Me, or one of the Girl with Dragon Tattoo's. The audio was there but BD_RB was not able to recognize it. I ended up pre-processing (used either ClownBD or TsmuxeR GUI) it to remove the audio and rebuild it to a BD output that had 640k 5.1 audio that BD_RB was happy to use. I seen to remember it was some LPCM weird bitrate that was not being recognised. Hope this helps

Thanks for replying but the fault comes up on all of the bluray discs I have (even the one's I have already done). There must be something I installed recently affecting it but the only way I know to fix it is format and reinstall everything. Was hoping there was a way to fix it but don't know it. Will have to check after each thing I install so I can bin it.
Old 16th June 2011, 18:34   #12253  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
The META should be there. It's called "AUD_00044.META".
This is the contents of AUD_00044.META:
[HTML]MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --demux --vbr --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts", fps=23.976, track=4113
A_DTS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts", track=4352, lang=eng
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4608,lang=eng
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4609,lang=fra
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4610,lang=spa
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4611,lang=por
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4612,lang=nld[/HTML]

Quote:
Interesting -- so you're saying the file demuxed directly by TSMUXER directly is also 1K long?
No, the file demuxed directly with tsMuxeR is the same file size as the one demuxed with BD-RB. These .dts files range in size from about 5MB to 8MB. They both will play correctly. BD-RB demuxed them correctly. BD-RB just did not reencode them to .ac3 correctly.
It is the BD-RB created .ac3 that is only 1kb with no audio!

I can manually convert these BD-RB .dts files to 448kbps ac3 with Aften, rename them to AUD_00044_4352, etc... insert them in the Workfiles folder in place of the 1kb files, and do a rebuild and now the audio is there and works for these m2ts files that previously had no audio.
Old 16th June 2011, 19:35   #12254  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
This is the contents of AUD_00044.META:
[HTML]MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --demux --vbr --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts", fps=23.976, track=4113
A_DTS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts", track=4352, lang=eng
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4608,lang=eng
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4609,lang=fra
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4610,lang=spa
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4611,lang=por
S_HDMV/PGS, "G:\BD RIPS\TRUE_BLOOD_S3_D2\BDMV\STREAM\00044.m2ts",fps=23.976, track=4612,lang=nld[/HTML]

No, the file demuxed directly with tsMuxeR is the same file size as the one demuxed with BD-RB. These .dts files range in size from about 5MB to 8MB. They both will play correctly. BD-RB demuxed them correctly. BD-RB just did not reencode them to .ac3 correctly.
It is the BD-RB created .ac3 that is only 1kb with no audio!

I can manually convert these BD-RB .dts files to 448kbps ac3 with Aften, rename them to AUD_00044_4352, etc... insert them in the Workfiles folder in place of the 1kb files, and do a rebuild and now the audio is there and works for these m2ts files that previously had no audio.
I can see the problem. The AUD_00044.META file should have had "down-to-DTS" as a part of this line:

Without it NICAUDIO.DLL cannot decode it (because it is HD) and the AC3 encode fails. The question is: Why did it not insert it?

I'm not sure I got the gist correctly... you did say these were DTS-HD, right?

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th June 2011 at 19:53.
Old 16th June 2011, 19:45   #12255  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoballs View Post
Thanks for replying but the fault comes up on all of the bluray discs I have (even the one's I have already done). There must be something I installed recently affecting it but the only way I know to fix it is format and reinstall everything. Was hoping there was a way to fix it but don't know it. Will have to check after each thing I install so I can bin it.
Quote:
Capsbackup has given you the correct advice. Go to SETUP and select the languages you want to keep by default -- and then save.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:09   #12256  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I can see the problem. The AUD_00044.META file should have had "down-to-DTS" as a part of this line:

Without it NICAUDIO.DLL cannot decode it (because it is HD) and the AC3 encode fails. The question is: Why did it not insert it?

I'm not sure I got the gist correctly... you did say these were DTS-HD, right?
No only the main movie's audio track is DTS-HD. These other files are just dts. The main DTS-HD tracks were reencoded properly and play back perfectly.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:31   #12257  |  Link
Capsbackup

Just completed True Blood season 3 disc 3, and a whopping 36 .dts audio tracks were not converted to ac3
Old 17th June 2011, 04:28   #12258  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Just completed True Blood season 3 disc 3, and a whopping 36 .dts audio tracks were not converted to ac3
I'll do some testing with that disc and see what's up.
Old 17th June 2011, 05:52   #12259  |  Link
discoballs

Quote:
Capsbackup has given you the correct advice. Go to SETUP and select the languages you want to keep by default -- and then save.
Have tried that.
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Old 17th June 2011, 06:31   #12260  |  Link
setarip_old

@discoballs

Hi!

Does your system have the ability to play TrueHD audio, the audio that you've selected as the ONLY audiostream?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote