Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2009, 22:20   #21  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Hey turbojet, I've installed the VC-1 tweak for Arcsoft with 64-bit support and set its merit to preferred. I'm running Vista SP1 x64. Unfortunately, even when using Haali Splitter, WMVideo Decoder DMO still gets called. Is there anything else I have to do?
Old 24th May 2009, 09:24   #22  |  Link
turbojet

The arcsoft tweak is very unreliable it seems and I think the main culprit is the arcsoft version. The process I used was installing build 113 which didn't work at all, then I installed build 119 and everything including setting merit to preferred, then restart and everything worked every time on Vista 32/64 and XP 32/64. I then installed a few more patches of later versions found on techpowerup and it quit working on all OS's.

I've added a workaround for Windows 7 users and an alternative workaround for Vista users.

Last edited by turbojet; 24th May 2009 at 11:02.
Old 24th May 2009, 13:10   #23  |  Link
drmih

Applied the patch to 119 and it's working fine.

Thanks.
Old 24th May 2009, 17:23   #24  |  Link
DonDan
Deblender

I'm on vacation till Wednesday.
When I'm back I'll try on a clean install and if I still have errors post a sample and everything else needed.
Old 24th May 2009, 18:13   #25  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
The arcsoft tweak is very unreliable it seems and I think the main culprit is the arcsoft version. The process I used was installing build 113 which didn't work at all, then I installed build 119 and everything including setting merit to preferred, then restart and everything worked every time on Vista 32/64 and XP 32/64. I then installed a few more patches of later versions found on techpowerup and it quit working on all OS's.

I've added a workaround for Windows 7 users and an alternative workaround for Vista users.
This is true...

It is literally a nightmare to get the arcosft decoders to be recognised by windows if they aren't straight away after installation of TMT.
Old 25th May 2009, 01:32   #26  |  Link
meatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but how were you able to get TMT 2 working in XP 64. Everytime I've tried to install it I get a BSOD after I reboot. I can boot into the OS by selecting 'last known configuration that worked', but I can never get TMT 2 to fire up afterwards.

Edit: It might be because I'm using build 129. I don't have an earlier version.

Edit 2: I was able to get hold of a copy of 113 and update it to 119. I still get a BSOD after reboot.

Last edited by meatwad; 25th May 2009 at 03:16.
Old 25th May 2009, 09:27   #27  |  Link
drmih

I have Vista 64 and was happily running TMT 3. I just reinstalled TMT 2 113 but nothing happened (but no crashes) but when I put on the 119 patch it worked fine.

It must be specific to something you have done on your machine.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:24   #28  |  Link
meatwad

Both work fine on Vista 64. The arcsoft forums say they'll never make TMT 3 compatible with XP 64, but I've read where a few people claim to have TMT 2 running on it. They just never explain how they got it working or give system specs.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:50   #29  |  Link
turbojet

I was never able to get TMT2 player working on XP 64 but was able to get VC-1 tweak working.

I'll put a note in the post about the BSOD and workaround which is last known config. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:03   #30  |  Link
drmih

Is there any reason every to uninstall the vc-1 tweak as it seems that you can control which encoder is used by bd-rb with the vc-1 setting in ffdshow?
Old 7th June 2009, 00:50   #31  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Is there any reason every to uninstall the vc-1 tweak as it seems that you can control which encoder is used by bd-rb with the vc-1 setting in ffdshow?
I can't think of any reason other than it taking up 1xx MB of hard drive space and it running 3 services for arcsoftconnect (can be disabled in msconfig startup)

I added to the original post a more manageable way to deal with directshow filters in Windows 7
Also changed to PDVD7 filters since they are newer (no noticeable difference) and they include H.264 and MPEG2 decoders.

Last edited by turbojet; 7th June 2009 at 02:07.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:19   #32  |  Link
Pntgrd

I am having a problem with trying to backup Tell_No_One. It appears to be a VC-1p title and I cannot get BD-RB to get past the initial encode step. I have tried every fix from the Front page of this thread and nothing works for this title. Any suggestions?

ps. I am running the latest versions of BD-RB and FFshow on Win7 64 bit RC1
Old 11th June 2009, 16:37   #33  |  Link
turbojet

What's the error message?
Old 11th June 2009, 20:24   #34  |  Link

[temporarily closed]
Closed Thread