Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd May 2012, 22:41   #281  |  Link
Taurus

Try to copy all files from the MKVtoolnix folder to the MKVcleaver directory and change the path again.
Maybe a permission thingie on Win7....
Working here: MKVcleaver 0.5.0.4 and MKVtoolnix 5.5.0 ("Healer")
WinXP 32bit.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 00:34   #282  |  Link
jp80

Found the cause of my problem: the x64 version of mkvcleaver is not working with mkvtoolnix located, whereas the x32 does.
Old 22nd June 2012, 03:44   #283  |  Link
shinchiro

I dont if this problem have been reported earlier, it seems this v5.0.3 cannot extract font attachment inside the mkv which filename contain japanese characters. It will return error if I try to extract it
shinchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:03   #284  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchiro View Post
I dont if this problem have been reported earlier, it seems this v5.0.3 cannot extract font attachment inside the mkv which filename contain japanese characters. It will return error if I try to extract it
Please post the error here. I also would need a sample file (see my signature for upload URL). Use my email address (can be found in MKVCleaver or on http://apps.einsof-haras.ca) to upload a sample.
Old 12th July 2012, 04:46   #285  |  Link
gonwk

I have been using MKVcleaver 0.5.0.1 (64) "Portable" successfully ... till I deleted some of my Old versions of Portable MKVToolnix and kept only MKVToolnix 0.5.6 and 0.5.7 portable.

SO, I just tried to extract the Subtitles from MKV to clean them up ... and it asked me to locate the "MKVExtract.exe" ... so I pointed it to 5.2.1, 5.3.0, 5.4.0, 5.6.0, 5.7.0 and I keep getting an Erorr saying ...

"Line 2781 : Error array variable subscript badly formatted".

Q1: What in the world is wrong? How to fix?

Q2: Why is the Portable Version of MKVcleaver is No Longer available?

Thanks!

G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 17:19   #286  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
I have been using MKVcleaver 0.5.0.1 (64) "Portable" successfully ... till I deleted some of my Old versions of Portable MKVToolnix and kept only MKVToolnix 0.5.6 and 0.5.7 portable.

SO, I just tried to extract the Subtitles from MKV to clean them up ... and it asked me to locate the "MKVExtract.exe" ... so I pointed it to 5.2.1, 5.3.0, 5.4.0, 5.6.0, 5.7.0 and I keep getting an Erorr saying ...

"Line 2781 : Error array variable subscript badly formatted".

Q1: What in the world is wrong? How to fix?

Q2: Why is the Portable Version of MKVcleaver is No Longer available?

Thanks!

G!
Why not use v5.0.4 ? Get v5.0.3 portable 32 bit, run it once then download v5.0.4 32 bit and replace the files with the patched version.

If you're on vista or WIN7, please make sure to run MKVcleaver portable from a location where you have read/write access or with UAC disabled.
Old 14th July 2012, 15:39   #287  |  Link
gonwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
Why not use v5.0.4 ? Get v5.0.3 portable 32 bit, run it once then download v5.0.4 32 bit and replace the files with the patched version.

If you're on vista or WIN7, please make sure to run MKVcleaver portable from a location where you have read/write access or with UAC disabled.
Hi Sheck,

Thank You for replying to my post.

1) I don't understand why a "Portable" option is not in a Zip folder Expand and there it is?

2) When you say run it once ... so, you mean INSTALL it on my Hard Drive as a Regular Program? Why is this program requiring that.

BTW, the Old version that I like and used to use before my current problem ... in VirusTotal created 2 Nasty Alerts ... might have been False Positives ...

Appreciate the Help again!

G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 21:46   #288  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
Hi Sheck,

Thank You for replying to my post.

1) I don't understand why a "Portable" option is not in a Zip folder Expand and there it is?

2) When you say run it once ... so, you mean INSTALL it on my Hard Drive as a Regular Program? Why is this program requiring that.

BTW, the Old version that I like and used to use before my current problem ... in VirusTotal created 2 Nasty Alerts ... might have been False Positives ...

Appreciate the Help again!

G!
Hi gonwk,

1) I like it this way
2) Not really install. Once you run it, it will extract all necessary files in the same directory, like a self-extracting zip archive.

Other users reported the same issue on VirusTotal. Some anti-viruses detect my files as viruses, because they were compiled with AutoIt and AutoIt, unfortunately, is being used to program viruses so the anti-virus makers decided it was just easier to brand all AutoIt compiled files as viruses.

I can guarantee you that none of my files have any viruses in them. Just make sure you check the MD5 if you downloaded it from somewhere other than my site, videohelp site or google code.
Old 21st July 2012, 02:25   #289  |  Link
rsotome

What a time saver this program has been. Thank you!

Is there anyway to add a feature to remove dialogue normalization on ac3 files?

So far, the only way to do that is in eac3to, but doing that to a great deal of files does become very time consuming.

TIA!
rsotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 17:58   #290  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsotome View Post
What a time saver this program has been. Thank you!

Is there anyway to add a feature to remove dialogue normalization on ac3 files?

So far, the only way to do that is in eac3to, but doing that to a great deal of files does become very time consuming.

TIA!
Hmmm... Perhaps I will add an option to pass custom commands to MKVCleaver. I will have to look into how much work it will require. And the tool you're using would have to accept command line parameters. I'm not sure if Eac3to can.
Old 30th July 2012, 01:56   #291  |  Link
sarofski

Great Program, thanks a lot

And a problem I have with it:
It never saves the settings and the location of MKVToolNix, so each time I run it I have to do those again. Could someone help me fix it.
I'm using MKVToolnix 5.7.0 and MKVcleaver 5.0.3
I've put MKVcleaver files in the MKVToolNix folder.

Thanks
sarofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 07:43   #292  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I think it saves its settings to a file in the same folder as the executable. Programs run with user rights cannot write into the program files folder by default. You could either run it with admin rights once and set the settings or move mkvcleaver to a folder with user writing rights.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 14:29   #293  |  Link
sheck

Or, allow Users group modify permissions on the folder where MKVCleaver is installed.
Old 30th July 2012, 20:54   #294  |  Link
sarofski

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
I think it saves its settings to a file in the same folder as the executable. Programs run with user rights cannot write into the program files folder by default. You could either run it with admin rights once and set the settings or move mkvcleaver to a folder with user writing rights.
Great, worked just fine
Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 03:27   #295  |  Link
sarofski

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
Or, allow Users group modify permissions on the folder where MKVCleaver is installed.
I don't know how to do that. I googled to learn the process but no matter what I change, it's still the same.
If it's ok, could you tell me what to do, step by step.
Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 19:36   #296  |  Link
sheck

Right click on the folder where MKVCleaver is installed and select properties then click on Security tab and click Edit button, find Users on the list and click the checkbox Full Control under Allow column, click OK.
Old 24th October 2012, 06:44   #297  |  Link
Chetwood

It would be nice to have MKVCleaver add "leading" zeros to tracks < 10, like

my_ripped_movie_t01_Track05_PGS.sup

rather than

my_ripped_movie_t01_Track5_PGS.sup

Thx.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 19:34   #298  |  Link
sheck

How would it benefit users ?
Old 26th October 2012, 06:24   #299  |  Link
Chetwood

By not getting confused when compairing extracted streams to the movie to single out forced subs. I had a movie with 14 sub tracks which were out of order in the file browser cause the leading zeroes where missing for tracks < 10. Honestly, I actually thought having those was standard like forever. When I rip a CD with Exact Audio Copy, the first track is number 01 instead of 1 too.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 19:32   #300  |  Link
sheck

Alright. I don't think it will be hard to implement so I will.

Tags
batch extract, extractor, matroska, mkv, mkv batch, mkv decoder, mkvextract