Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st July 2003, 23:05   #1  |  Link
DOUBLA

The Transporter

Tried to back up this movie. used DVD decrypter to put it on hard drive, DVD2One to shrink. Checked with Ifoedit that it ran but when I burned the dvd it will not play. The files on computer will not play through Power DVD. Any suggestions?
DOUBLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2003, 01:50   #2  |  Link
ammck55

Originally posted by wakebrder
There is no need to use DVD shrink on the Transporter. The 16x9 side is 4.36 GB.(complete) So, just decrypt with your favorite ripping program, and burn.

This was posted in April, and while it won't fix your problem with DVD2one, it'll give you another option with this title. If your compressed files aren't recognized by a media player on your pc, you may have a serious procedural error, maybe try going through your guide again very carefully and see if you can spot the problem. Have you had any successful rips to date with DVD2one to compare with? I'm not familiar with DVD2one, so until someone shows up with some expertise, check the "One Click DVD Backups" forum and do some searching. It'll be good practice for when you come up against something that's a lot tougher, and believe me, you will! Good luck!

ammck55

Last edited by ammck55; 2nd July 2003 at 02:04.
ammck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2003, 17:27   #3  |  Link
dr.pauli

Are the files contained with a VIDEO_TS folder? I know this is stupid, but I have seen the software players "hang" if the files are not in the VIDEO_TS folder.
Old 2nd July 2003, 19:51   #4  |  Link
DOUBLA

HAVE USED DVD2ONE REGULARLY WITH NO PROBLEMS. HAVE ALSO USED IFOEDIT TO GET RID OF EXTRAS BUT THIS WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL EITHER.THANKS FOR RESPONDING
DOUBLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2003, 21:45   #5  |  Link
ammck55

Read this , and check out the other Sticky's while you're over in Basic Topics. Get some information and humor at the same time, what a deal! If you solve this problem on your own before getting more help here, post back and let us know. Either now, or in the future, someone will be looking for a fix for this very same dilemma, and maybe find this helpful.

ammck55
ammck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2003, 00:26   #6  |  Link
oddyseus

I know some situations that dvd2one missed placing a bup file in the destination folder. Never checked if it was present in the original though.

The dvd-r wouldn;t play on a Philips standalone at all. As soon as I placed the missing file in place everything flowed smoothly. So dr. pauli's suggestion makes a lot of sense. Check that your structure has the files it is suppose to have.

"when u r aiming for the impossible everything else is within reach." Mike

ps. respect the forum rules, read, search and only then post.
oddyseus is offline   Reply With Quote