Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th October 2007, 06:38   #81  |  Link
ApolloImBurning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojaRinn View Post
<new at all this> my files are "freed" just fine, but wont play in WMP 11...they just kinda loop every second...is this normal for WMP 11 being unsupported?
I am having the EXACT same problem. I got the latest version of drmdbg, extracted the keys, named the output file "drm2.key", put it in the same directory as FreeMe2, dropped in my DRM WMA file, it converts just fine, no errors, the output file is the same size as the original (roughly 3.7mb), yet when I play it (in any media player, tried a few...) all I get are weird blips about 3 seconds long then it stops. Anyone else run into this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
ApolloImBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 14:27   #82  |  Link
Krymzon40

I got it working :)

Ok, I got it to work using Automate unDRM.
FreeMe2 was giving me those corrupt files that sound messed up and only play for a few seconds.
This is with Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 and IndivBox,key v11.0.6000.7000.
I'm also doing it as i'm typing this.

1. So I open up drmdbg 2007/10/03 and in the WMV DIR I browse to where i have my files, i change the ???????????????? to *.*, press enter and open up any one of those files.
2. In the DRM2 DIR I put the directory of the drm2wmv folder located in the automate unDRM directory, "C:\Program Files\Automate unDRM\drm2wmv\".
3. Then I hit multiscan and wait for it to do its thing, you'll know when its done when the last track starts playing. Now you can close drmdbg.
4. Now I open up Automate unDRM Decryptit and select all the files in the folder, I check Delete Original and Decrypt Only and then hit start and wait for that to do its thing.

And finally, like magic, i'm DRM free!

If this works for everyone, then i think I did a good job for my first post
Krymzon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 15:50   #83  |  Link
sectroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymzon40 View Post
Ok, I got it to work using Automate unDRM.
FreeMe2 was giving me those corrupt files that sound messed up and only play for a few seconds.
This is with Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 and IndivBox,key v11.0.6000.7000.
I'm also doing it as i'm typing this.

1. So I open up drmdbg 2007/10/03 and in the WMV DIR I browse to where i have my files, i change the ???????????????? to *.*, press enter and open up any one of those files.
2. In the DRM2 DIR I put the directory of the drm2wmv folder located in the automate unDRM directory, "C:\Program Files\Automate unDRM\drm2wmv\".
3. Then I hit multiscan and wait for it to do its thing, you'll know when its done when the last track starts playing. Now you can close drmdbg.
4. Now I open up Automate unDRM Decryptit and select all the files in the folder, I check Delete Original and Decrypt Only and then hit start and wait for that to do its thing.

And finally, like magic, i'm DRM free!

If this works for everyone, then i think I did a good job for my first post
If you have some drm protected files that drm2wmv decrypts correctly but FreeMe2 is unable do it could you upload one of them to some files hosting service (rapidshare, divshare) and pm to me the link and SID. In that way I could add support to your files to FreeMe2.
sectroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 18:32   #84  |  Link
utsavtalwar

urgent

hey all.

guys i just got napster,...hv vista..
and got the new indv key ver 7000..
im new to al this plz tel me how to transfr the music i download t my phone or ipod..
i mean make it drm free..
nethng for vista..
will be rly glad if ne one helpd me..
cheers
utsav(utsavtalwar@yahoo.com)
utsavtalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 20:25   #85  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

If it is subscrip stuff you wish to decrypt then forget it...

Besides that none of what we know works with Vista...
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 05:59   #86  |  Link
utsavtalwar

thnks for the reply man...

so currently nothig for vistaa eh..?

let me know if there is...
so any alternative other than free me for my situation??

cheers
utsavtalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:23   #87  |  Link
sectroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavtalwar View Post
thnks for the reply man...

so currently nothig for vistaa eh..?

let me know if there is...
so any alternative other than free me for my situation??

cheers
If you know your SID you can convert drm protected files under Vista using drm2wmv/FreeMe2. Moreover I heard that current drmdbg version does support vista
I would like to thank all the people that answered my request to report any files that don't work with FreeMe2. I am going to work on it more. I have also very interesting news about drm support on Linux/Unix/MacOSX.
Current mplayer from svn does support drm protected files !
You need to run it using following command:
mplayer -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts cryptokey=drm_sid_in_hex_format ./sample.wmv
You can get sid in hex format by running FreeMe2. Now *nix system users are able to play drm protected files/streams. Moreover I think mplayer is first (and probably the only) player (besides wmp of course) that does support wm-drm protection. I would really like to thank Reimar Döffinger and all mplayer devs for their help with porting undrm algo to mplayer.

Last edited by sectroyer; 22nd October 2007 at 15:48.
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:26   #88  |  Link
handheld

Im confused

i tried to follw what i could on how to use freeme2 but when i put a file into it itll start to decrypt the file without asking for the SID number or anything and when its done decrypting the file is corrupt and will not play

Is there any way i could ask somone to make a how to use freeme2 thread or post in here?

Ive been looking at this for over a week now and cant quite figure it out. im using the latest wmp 11 with indivbox.key 11.0.6000.7000

Also when i use Freeme2 it tells me at the end when it hits 100% unknown packet ID######### Press anykey to aknowledge error

Last edited by handheld; 23rd October 2007 at 08:51.
handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 01:02   #89  |  Link
Pulseczar

How do you use this program? I dont understand
Pulseczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 03:53   #90  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

well multiple people have posted half hearted instructs its more of a figure it out as you go type situation...

First you must know what your trying to do before you attempt to do anything...
Old 24th October 2007, 04:19   #91  |  Link
ApolloImBurning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulseczar View Post
How do you use this program? I dont understand
Its a command line app... you need to use the windows command console to run it. (Start->run->type CMD->hit return). Put your DRM files in the same folder as FreeMe. Then, once in the command console, cd to the directory where FreeMe is. Then just type "freeme2 <name_of_drm_wma_file>". Before it will work, you need to extract your license keys. you can do this with drmdbg. Read the "Getting IBX keys..." thread on this forum.
ApolloImBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 06:39   #92  |  Link
handheld

I know what I want to do I want to unDrm some Wmv files that i bought. I dont really know how to use the CMD command console really i guess ill go look up how to use it properly now thanks for the advice on how to use freeme2

Edit ****

Ok so i did what you said Apollo but what my CMD says is "couldn't open input file (the file name that im trying to UnDrm)

Last edited by handheld; 24th October 2007 at 07:06.
Old 24th October 2007, 13:54   #93  |  Link
njdcampbell

Almost there!

Firstly: thanks, sectroyer, this is a great tool.

Secondly: I'm a complete newbie here, so apologies if I've got something wrong but I've done my best to review all posts in this forum and the FAQ etc.

Thirdly: I have been using the version of FreeMe2 downloaded on 14th October using the link in the first post and the version of drmdbg linked to in the post from abudara (thanks!) on October 14th. I have a perpetual license for the file I am trying to unDRM.

I have taken the drm2-i.key file generated by drmdbg, renamed it to be drm2.key and copied it to the FreeMe2 folder. I then drag my ABCDE.wmv file onto FreeMe2.exe and it starts up and runs fine.

Unfortunately, when it gets to the end, I get this error: "Unknown packet id - don't know what to do!#########| 100%

Press <Enter> to acknowledge error."

When I do that, the CMD box disappears and a Freed-ABCDE.wmv version of my file is there. It is 67KB shorter than the original. It will play in WMP and seems uncorrupted but WMP cannot tell how long the video is and I cannot fast-forward or skip ahead. I know this is a small issue, but to be so close.....

Unfortunately, I can't post the file for testing as it is 1.6 GB.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
njdcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 14:53   #94  |  Link
JeffAlso

The seeking problem you're having is not uncommon, and is easily fixed. Just use asfbin to reindex the file. Presuming the entire file was processed properly by FreeMe2, this should get you going.

http://www.radioactivepages.com/
JeffAlso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 15:47   #95  |  Link
njdcampbell

Thanks, JeffAlso, worked like a charm
njdcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 07:17   #96  |  Link
handheld

Wow

Thankyou everyone for your advice on how to get this working. I finally got it so i can take my DRM'd Wmv files and burn them to Dvd vidoe files so i can play em on my home DvD player. Thankyou everyone. and many thanks to you sectroyer for coming up with a good working program.

Last edited by handheld; 25th October 2007 at 07:21.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:56   #97  |  Link
sectroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by handheld View Post
Thankyou everyone for your advice on how to get this working. I finally got it so i can take my DRM'd Wmv files and burn them to Dvd vidoe files so i can play em on my home DvD player. Thankyou everyone. and many thanks to you sectroyer for coming up with a good working program.
I am glad you are happy Of course FreeMe2 is not perfect but with time it will become more stable
Old 2nd November 2007, 05:14   #98  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

Hey anybody know why this tread went cold... wheres sectroyer his program hasn't been updated for a while... my SVN DDl manager still says that its still at rev 14...
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:14   #99  |  Link
sectroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
Hey anybody know why this tread went cold... wheres sectroyer his program hasn't been updated for a while... my SVN DDl manager still says that its still at rev 14...
I am still here. Now it is the hardest part of FreeMe2 development - bug fixing. I haven't yet decided in which way FreeMe2 will go... I am now trying to find more people that would like to get involved in the project. I just don't spend all the time to drm related stuff. I have my own work,family and such stuff When the time will come I will get back to coding. If you want to help post as many files that do not work with FreeMe2 as you can I will try to work with them at the same time. The more examples you will find the more reliable FreeMe2 will become
Old 4th November 2007, 00:05   #100  |  Link
mysekurity

Sectroyer: Can you post an easy-to-use guide on how to a)extract keys, and b)use FreeMe2? The methods I'm trying don't seem to work on either Vista or XP...
mysekurity is offline   Reply With Quote